Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will AS Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will AS Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2024)

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2024, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by uxb
I cant say that Ive ever seen their burger in the wild, and cant imagine it ever stacking up to some of the meals I have experienced. I didnt know domestic kitchens could produce good meals on TCON F routes.
I've had some excellent meals in my lifetime prepared by airline catering kitchens in the USA. Not many in the "excellent" category, but many in the "very good" category. Unfortunately, in recent years, many have been of a nature that Mr. or Mrs. Swanson would have been embarrassed for you to eat, had it come out of one of their boxes from the supermarket freezer.
uxb likes this.
Old May 3, 2024, 6:16 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,9MM), WN
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I've had some excellent meals in my lifetime prepared by airline catering kitchens in the USA. Not many in the "excellent" category, but many in the "very good" category. Unfortunately, in recent years, many have been of a nature that Mr. or Mrs. Swanson would have been embarrassed for you to eat, had it come out of one of their boxes from the supermarket freezer.
Literally everything served aboard AA domestic TCON falls into that category.
Old May 3, 2024, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
SFO-JFK C

Beef Sofritos, the presentation looks so different than the post above! Don't like this new salad with industrial cheese and prefer the chocolate brownie instead of ice cream. Overall a good meal and love the new F seat.

Beef Sofritos
Carfield likes this.
Old May 4, 2024, 9:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, DL Silver Medallion
I was offered this lunch menu on a flight from MSP-PDX the other day.

I thought I'd elected a meal, but the FA said I was undeclared. This is totally possible. I was distracted and coming from a week in Northern MN where I had no cell signal and only occasional WiFi.

I got the Tuscan Chicken and it was certainly edible. That's all I can say because I learned en route (before the meal arrived) that a family member had passed away within the hour, so I didn't snap a photo of my meal and I totally lost my appetite. (Maybe in flight WiFi actually sucks?)

I did end up taking a photo of the lovely, warm cookie on that flight. Anyone else grow up in the Portland Public Schools and remember the "megachip" cookie option? That's what my sad mood made me think of when the very kind FA brought me my cookie (while offering a 3rd drink because I told her what was going on while blubbering that I wasn't "drunk or crazy" but had just learned of my grandmother's death.) Like the FA, I agree that a cookie can help with most problems, but I didn't finish that either.

I believe that Grandma is in a better place, and I am fine, but for whatever reason I decided to post this half-baked review regardless. I really thought I was going to reach PDX in time to see her once more, and it was a rough day.
samosa likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 1:13 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by willoL

I thought I'd elected a meal, but the FA said I was undeclared. This is totally possible. I was distracted and coming from a week in Northern MN where I had no cell signal and only occasional WiFi.

I got the Tuscan Chicken and it was certainly edible. That's all I can say because I learned en route (before the meal arrived) that a family member had passed away within the hour, so I didn't snap a photo of my meal and I totally lost my appetite. (Maybe in flight WiFi actually sucks?)

I did end up taking a photo of the lovely, warm cookie on that flight. Anyone else grow up in the Portland Public Schools and remember the "megachip" cookie option? That's what my sad mood made me think of when the very kind FA brought me my cookie (while offering a 3rd drink because I told her what was going on while blubbering that I wasn't "drunk or crazy" but had just learned of my grandmother's death.) Like the FA, I agree that a cookie can help with most problems, but I didn't finish that either.

I believe that Grandma is in a better place, and I am fine, but for whatever reason I decided to post this half-baked review regardless. I really thought I was going to reach PDX in time to see her once more, and it was a rough day.
I am very sorry for your loss
willoL likes this.

Last edited by dayone; May 5, 2024 at 11:54 am Reason: Delete quoted images for readability.
Old May 5, 2024, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by willoL

I'm so sorry for your loss.
willoL likes this.

Last edited by dayone; May 5, 2024 at 11:55 am Reason: Delete quoted image for readability.
Old May 5, 2024, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
Originally Posted by uxb

Also, I honestly dont know why I fly American when the meals they provide are total trash compared with these. Cant wait for free agency to kick in.
You basically see the difference in the management team's approach in how 2 very similar sounding dishes taste and look so different between 2 alleged partner airlines. I have actually starting to fly AS over AA for better service and food.
uxb likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Anyone had an issue where they get upgraded, but the app still shows the economy food options?
Old May 8, 2024, 7:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Im flying SEA-BIL, which is 9 miles short of the meal threshold. Will there be food or a snack of any kind served in first class, or just drinks?
Old May 9, 2024, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by treinhard
Im flying SEA-BIL, which is 9 miles short of the meal threshold. Will there be food or a snack of any kind served in first class, or just drinks?
Given the length of your flight, in first class it should only be a snack basket.
Old May 9, 2024, 11:35 am

Programs: MVP Gold 100K
Would agree on the Golden Chicken, tried it for the first time earlier this week and was pleasantly surprised.
Old May 10, 2024, 12:56 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Any interesting menu items this month?

Last edited by Kurt; May 11, 2024 at 1:13 am
Old May 10, 2024, 2:36 am

Programs: AS 100K and AS 1MM
Originally Posted by ASA_1
Anyone had an issue where they get upgraded, but the app still shows the economy food options?
Yes, this happened to me recently.

Seems the app reset itself after a short period of time and FC meals options were shown as expected.

Last edited by VirtuousKangaroo; May 10, 2024 at 2:43 am
Old May 10, 2024, 9:06 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
This afternoons SEA-JFK, the golden chicken with masala curry butter sauce option.

It was ok, though as expected the chicken a bit dry. Service was all at once (snack mix, drinks, meal) though ice cream followed 30-45 mins later. Service was at a glacial pace: both my seatmate and I in 3A/C had finished eating before row 4 was served.

Snack basket about 45 mins before landing.
Old May 12, 2024, 5:43 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
MKE to SEA this week 7:00 am departure #391- only a continental offering in FC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.