Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Million Milers can share their elite status with someone FOR LIFE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2023, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Club

Is this a known thing?

Share your elite status, for life.

Share the higher of your lifetime or annual earned status with someone in your household, for life. Enter your Mileage Plan account details below, along with the name and Mileage Plan number of your nominee, no later than July 15, 2023.

Please note that it may take up to six weeks to process your nomination. After the initial nomination, your nominee’s status will automatically be updated each January going forward.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/si...e-elite-status

Last edited by StevenSeagalFan; Jul 11, 2023 at 9:41 am Reason: Remove solicitation.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 3:12 pm

Programs: Yes
I believe AS announced this new MM perk at the loyalty event on May 17th, 2023. Of note, the recipients will not have the MM flag for upgrades, so the recipient will be treated as standard Gold / 75K / 100K.

Last edited by anteater; Jul 2, 2023 at 1:13 pm Reason: added 100K
Old Jun 30, 2023, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Club
Originally Posted by anteater
I believe AS announced this new MM perk at the loyalty event on May 17th, 2023. Of note, the recipients will not have the MM flag for upgrades, so the recipient will be treated as standard Gold / 75K.
Also, in the fine print reads: " to one companion who resides at the same home address on an annual basis. " Emphasis mine.
beckoa, TheBeerHunter and anteater like this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anteater
I believe AS announced this new MM perk at the loyalty event on May 17th, 2023. Of note, the recipients will not have the MM flag for upgrades, so the recipient will be treated as standard Gold / 75K.
Correct.

Recap of AS Loyalty Event for Invited MMs and 100Ks (5/17/2023)
Old Jun 30, 2023, 4:57 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
Already signed the better half up. And have seriously questioned Mr. Segal's choices as well.
StevenSeagalFan and anteater like this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:50 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
They hadn’t considered the edge case of 2 MM residing at the same address…. They’re working through that scenario.
SanDiego1K and ItsAnAdam like this.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 3:42 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by lalala
They hadn’t considered the edge case of 2 MM residing at the same address…. They’re working through that scenario.
told to pound sand by customer care - will escalate
Old Jul 1, 2023, 4:28 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by lalala;[url=tel:35378600
35378600]told to pound sand by customer care - will escalate
Feel free to DM me if AS can’t won’t help. 🤙🏻🍹
lalala likes this.

Last edited by anteater; Jul 1, 2023 at 4:34 pm
Old Jul 1, 2023, 6:52 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Wait, what? I did just nominate my spouse (husband living at the same address as me) to my current status as a 100k+MM, because I have a trip upcoming in Dec, to take my 97 yr old mom (knock on wood she is still healthy) to see family in Savannah via CHS. Since as a 100k I can only have one other person with me in the upgrade chances or to select PE seats at booking for free and be put on waitlist for FC, then I booked his trip (with his MP number and his current Gold status) separately and plan on linking our PNRs. But, he will not be upgraded with my mom and me if 3 seats open? (we are all same fare class, booked within minutes of each other) since he will not be recognized as 100k for upgrades??.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by ctporter
… since he will not be recognized as 100k for upgrades??.
He will be recognized as a regular run of the mill 100k, not as a special super duper MM 100k (you presumably know the benefits incl. marching band at the gate area etc. better than I) :-)

Have a wonderful trip!
lensovet likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 9:51 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Key here is definition of "for life," because it's the life of the Million Miler, not the household member who is gifted status. Per the mouse print in the nomination email:

Shareable benefits expire upon the death of the Million Miler or failure of the companion to meet the eligibility requirements.

Still a nice perk. I hope I live long enough for my nominee to enjoy it for many, many years.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
Key here is definition of "for life," because it's the life of the Million Miler, not the household member who is gifted status. Per the mouse print in the nomination email:

Shareable benefits expire upon the death of the Million Miler or failure of the companion to meet the eligibility requirements.

Still a nice perk. I hope I live long enough for my nominee to enjoy it for many, many years.
Todo: advise my spouse (and MM buddy) not to notify UA when I kick the bucket.
anteater likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 1:31 pm

we’re both MM and soon to both be 100ks again - I guess I can nominate my dog? I’d like to nominate a friend to mvp gold ….

i
suppose at some point TH will retire and she can take advantage of my 75-100k status but not anytime soon

Originally Posted by ctporter
Wait, what? I did just nominate my spouse (husband living at the same address as me) to my current status as a 100k+MM, because I have a trip upcoming in Dec, to take my 97 yr old mom (knock on wood she is still healthy) to see family in Savannah via CHS. Since as a 100k I can only have one other person with me in the upgrade chances or to select PE seats at booking for free and be put on waitlist for FC, then I booked his trip (with his MP number and his current Gold status) separately and plan on linking our PNRs. But, he will not be upgraded with my mom and me if 3 seats open? (we are all same fare class, booked within minutes of each other) since he will not be recognized as 100k for upgrades??.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 10:42 pm

Programs: AS 100K and AS 1MM
Is there any insight into whether OneWorld status tracks along with this MM lifetime status perk?
In other words, is my nominee also given OWE status if I'm currently 100K?
Old Jul 4, 2023, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by VirtuousKangaroo
Is there any insight into whether OneWorld status tracks along with this MM lifetime status perk?
In other words, is my nominee also given OWE status if I'm currently 100K?
I would imagine they would.
VirtuousKangaroo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.