Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Million Milers can share their elite status with someone FOR LIFE

Million Milers can share their elite status with someone FOR LIFE

Old Jul 11, 2023, 12:39 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South of San Jose
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, AS MVP Gold 100K, AS MM, Avis First
Posts: 212
Thanks for posting this!

As a Million Miler and 100K already this year...I never get any notifications about this stuff. My email is in correctly and I get texts and emails about my flights/upgrades and the like...but nothing about perks for MM or 100K status. Signed up my sweetheart just now...thanks again!
95037 is offline  
Old Jul 11, 2023, 4:52 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Programs: AS 100K and AS 1MM
Posts: 70
Additional perks

Originally Posted by 95037
As a Million Miler and 100K already this year...I never get any notifications about this stuff. My email is in correctly and I get texts and emails about my flights/upgrades and the like...but nothing about perks for MM or 100K status. Signed up my sweetheart just now...thanks again!
95037 - also see this related thread - seems (4) GGUs and (4) AS lounge passes should be included for the nominated household member, assuming 75/100K status on the part of 1M 'host'.

AS MM lifetime status share - perks resource?
95037 likes this.

Last edited by VirtuousKangaroo; Jul 11, 2023 at 9:39 pm Reason: Added missing link
VirtuousKangaroo is offline  
Old Jul 12, 2023, 3:31 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Anchorage, AK
Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Posts: 8,208
Retired senior here with just my dogs living with me. I would like to gift this to my daughter who also lives in ANC. Looks like that is a no go. Suck actually!!!
BOB W is offline  
Old Jul 12, 2023, 6:27 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Seattle, WA
Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Posts: 7,422
Originally Posted by BOB W
Retired senior here with just my dogs living with me. I would like to gift this to my daughter who also lives in ANC. Looks like that is a no go. Suck actually!!!

Feeling your feelings. Quite displeased. Dogs needs to fly more.

No, I do not think your companion who is getting enhanced status based on your status should get GGU nor lounge passes. You have the status, be happy with that.
lalala is offline  
Old Jul 12, 2023, 6:33 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Seattle, WA
Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Posts: 7,422
a couple of other things come to mind -- can you be in a committed relationship with someone who doesn't live with you and nominate them? What about if you are in a more flexible relationship? more than 50% of committed by law relationships dissolve. How do we deal with that? Do you stay in an unhappy relationship because you need OWE status? Its always good to be the edge case - MM without a live in partner, but has a committed relationship with a child /relative that could benefit and told to pound sand, dual MM with high status who can't share with someone outside their household.....
lalala is offline  
Old Jul 12, 2023, 6:48 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Anchorage, AK
Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Posts: 8,208
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
Also, in the fine print reads: " to one companion who resides at the same home address on an annual basis. " Emphasis mine.
lalala, This is the part that just does not work for me!!!
BOB W is offline  
Old Jul 12, 2023, 7:36 pm
  #22  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seattle
Programs: Costco Club
Posts: 1,116
Originally Posted by BOB W
lalala, This is the part that just does not work for me!!!
Same
StevenSeagalFan is online now  
Old Jul 14, 2023, 5:08 am
  #23  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: FAI
Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 42,936
Submitted a few days back. Almost forgot.
beckoa is offline  
Old Aug 10, 2023, 12:43 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: May 2023
Programs: AS MM, AS MVPG100K, OW E, BA G
Posts: 7
Has anyone who was nominated by a MM in this thread received their new status yet? I nominated my partner a little over five weeks ago and it's been crickets ever since, no notification of nomination, no status change. I know they said allow six weeks, so there are still a few more days before I will call to follow up with AS, but just curious how long it took for other nominees.
lunainthesky is offline  
Old Aug 10, 2023, 12:49 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
Posts: 841
Originally Posted by lunainthesky
Has anyone who was nominated by a MM in this thread received their new status yet? I nominated my partner a little over five weeks ago and it's been crickets ever since, no notification of nomination, no status change. I know they said allow six weeks, so there are still a few more days before I will call to follow up with AS, but just curious how long it took for other nominees.
I nominated my better half the first day it was possible and same here - nada. Not worried but it would be nice to have it done already.
sea_jeff is offline  
Old Aug 10, 2023, 3:16 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: BLI
Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Posts: 3,184
Originally Posted by sea_jeff
I nominated my better half the first day it was possible and same here - nada. Not worried but it would be nice to have it done already.
Same situation here. Nominated spouse is still the lowest of the lows. Well, in AS status, that is.
anteater likes this.
Seattlenerd is offline  
Old Aug 10, 2023, 7:58 pm
  #27  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: FAI
Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 42,936
Nothing yet.
beckoa is offline  
Old Aug 11, 2023, 4:36 pm
  #28  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
Posts: 841
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
Same situation here. Nominated spouse is still the lowest of the lows. Well, in AS status, that is.


Careful there...
Seattlenerd and anteater like this.
sea_jeff is offline  
Old Aug 23, 2023, 4:17 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
Posts: 841
Going on 8 weeks now. Hasn't happened for the better half yet. Will be nice for her to have oneworld status (eventually)
sea_jeff is offline  
Old Aug 25, 2023, 5:34 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: JNU
Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Posts: 2,892
My nominated wife has been checking on this periodically and was advised on Tuesday or Wednesday that "the fix is in" - her status has been updated to reflect the nomination. The nice lady she spoke with said that the response to this offer was very low.
dave1013 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.