Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Spend $10K on AS Visa, Get 2,000 EQM (5/1/2013)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2023, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Noticed this promo starting May 1, 2023

https://www.alaskaair.com/promo/AS2340

Old Apr 26, 2023, 12:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
2,000 EQM's is nice. I have already signed up.
JPat likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

The terms say sign ups start May 1. You may want to sign up again next week to be safe. It looks like if you sign up any time in May, all of your May charges will count towards the $10K goal.

The marketing says "For every $10,000 dollars spent, you'll earn 2,000 elite-qualifying miles." indicating you may double or triple dip, but I don't see clarifying information in the terms regarding getting 2,000 EQM more than once via multiple blocks of $10,000 of spend.

Last edited by doublemazaa; Apr 26, 2023 at 12:57 pm
Old Apr 26, 2023, 2:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Is this for real?

Interesting...clicked on the link and directed to a page that says, "Registration for this promotion has ended". Was this a targeted promotion? If not, how could registration end prior to June 30, 2023. If registration hasn't yet started, how did jsguyrus register?
eap likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

I'm guessing they just removed the page until it goes live next week. There was a form there (name, MP#, etc) earlier
Old Apr 26, 2023, 3:18 pm

While others may be able to generate EQMs more cheaply, I value EQMs at $0.10 each. So 2000 EQMs are worth $200 to me. A $200 value on $10,000 spend is a 2% return. I value the RDM earned at $0.015 each, or a 1.5% return. Taken together, this promotion would provide a 3.5% return on each block of $10K spend, more with spend on bonus categories. Not bad for non-SUB spend. YMMV.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 3:30 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by flytoeat
While others may be able to generate EQMs more cheaply, I value EQMs at $0.10 each. So 2000 EQMs are worth $200 to me. A $200 value on $10,000 spend is a 2% return. I value the RDM earned at $0.015 each, or a 1.5% return. Taken together, this promotion would provide a 3.5% return on each block of $10K spend, more with spend on bonus categories. Not bad for non-SUB spend. YMMV.
I would love to know how this will impact the elite ranks, though I know AS will never disclose. 🤙🏻🥃
Bellerina likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by anteater
I would love to know how this will impact the elite ranks, though I know AS will never disclose. 🤙🏻🥃
Given you can earn 2,000 EQM via a single $150 saver round trip, I don't think this is a significant infusion of EQM into the elite economy.
lensovet likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by doublemazaa
Given you can earn 2,000 EQM via a single $150 saver round trip, I don't think this is a significant infusion of EQM into the elite economy.
Great example of someone being able to do it cheaper ($0.075/EQM). Different strokes, different folks. I'll happily "pay" for several thousand EQMs with this promo as opposed to doing a mileage run to close the gap to the next tier. The forsaken RDMs are a great tradeoff for the time saved sitting on the plane.
chrisl137 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by flytoeat
Great example of someone being able to do it cheaper ($0.075/EQM). Different strokes, different folks. I'll happily "pay" for several thousand EQMs with this promo as opposed to doing a mileage run to close the gap to the next tier. The forsaken RDMs are a great tradeoff for the time saved sitting on the plane.
I spent less than $5K last year to earn 75K status (75K EQM), and no saver tickets either. I fly transcon a lot, have to anyway, and sit in the front of the cabin 9 out of 10 flights on all G fares.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Last year it was $5k spend -> 1000 EQM.

Spend $5,000 earn 1,000 EQM on AS Visa Card

Maybe they should just make it a recurring feature of the card.

Wonder if BofA is going to do another More Rewards day in November. Used that last year to pay my property taxes and estimated taxes and get 3X AS miles. Getting EQMs on top of that would be sweet.

https://www.businessinsider.com/pers...-bonus-2022-10
Old Apr 26, 2023, 8:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
I wish they'd just introduce a legit premium card and be done with it. Copying the top Delta Amex would be a good place to start.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 3:05 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
If I'm reading this right, it a one-time deal and once you hit $10,000 you get 2,000 EQM and that's it? In other words if you spend $20,000 or even $50,000 between May 1st and November 30th, you still only get 2,000 EQM-only miles?

I didn't get this email, so hard to tell if its targeted. However, the link from above is live BUT it says to register on or after May 1st, so will wait until Monday.

Terms and conditions:Qualified members can earn 2,000 elite qualifying miles that count toward elite status qualification if they make any combination of purchase transactions totaling at least $10,000 (exclusive of any fees, including the annual fee, returns and adjustments) that post to eligible Alaska Airlines Visa consumer and business cards from May 1, 2023 through November 30, 2023. Cash Advances and Balance Transfers are not considered purchases and do not apply for purposes of this offer. If a cardholder has multiple Alaska Airlines Visa consumer and business credit cards accounts linked to one Mileage Plan account, purchases made with those cards can be combined to reach the $10,000 spend requirement. All qualifying purchases made during the month of registration will count towards this promotion (e.g., registration on June 15 and all June purchases will count). Registration begins on May 1, 2023 and ends on June 30, 2023. Allow 8–12 weeks from qualifying for the elite qualifying miles to be posted to your Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan. To qualify for this offer, your credit card account must be open with active charging privileges. Bank of America is not responsible for fulfillment of this elite qualifying miles offer and posting of miles directly to your Alaska Mileage Plan account. Elite qualifying miles will not appear on your credit card statement. Elite-qualifying miles count toward elite status qualification only for calendar year 2024, are non-redeemable and cannot be used toward award travel.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Waitlisted
If I'm reading this right, it a one-time deal and once you hit $10,000 you get 2,000 EQM and that's it? In other words if you spend $20,000 or even $50,000 between May 1st and November 30th, you still only get 2,000 EQM-only miles?

I didn't get this email, so hard to tell if its targeted. However, the link from above is live BUT it says to register on or after May 1st, so will wait until Monday.
I get a 404 error for the page linked in the first page.

The screenshot offer is 2000 EQM for every $10k in spend, so quite different from what your terms say. I don’t think I have received any email about it yet.
Waitlisted likes this.
Old May 1, 2023, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Promo is now active and I was able to register with the link in the OP.

They haven’t resolved the issue of the promo text offering 2k for every 10k in spend and the T&C seemingly limiting it to 2k for 10k spend or more (so single bonus of 2k EQM).

T&C:

Qualified members can earn 2,000 elite qualifying miles that count toward elite status qualification if they make any combination of purchase transactions totaling at least $10,000 (exclusive of any fees, including the annual fee, returns and adjustments) that post to eligible Alaska Airlines Visa consumer and business cards from May 1, 2023 through November 30, 2023. Cash Advances and Balance Transfers are not considered purchases and do not apply for purposes of this offer. If a cardholder has multiple Alaska Airlines Visa consumer and business credit cards accounts linked to one Mileage Plan account, purchases made with those cards can be combined to reach the $10,000 spend requirement. All qualifying purchases made during the month of registration will count towards this promotion (e.g., registration on June 15 and all June purchases will count). Registration begins on May 1, 2023 and ends on June 30, 2023. Allow 8–12 weeks from qualifying for the elite qualifying miles to be posted to your Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan. To qualify for this offer, your credit card account must be open with active charging privileges. Bank of America is not responsible for fulfillment of this elite qualifying miles offer and posting of miles directly to your Alaska Mileage Plan account. Elite qualifying miles will not appear on your credit card statement. Elite-qualifying miles count toward elite status qualification only for calendar year 2024, are non-redeemable and cannot be used toward award travel. Alaska Airlines minimum segments requirement still applies.

Edit: also received promo email at about 10am PDT.
Waitlisted and JPat like this.

Last edited by notquiteaff; May 1, 2023 at 12:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.