Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Partnership with STARLUX Airlines (JX) [Launched 4/26/2023]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
STARLUX Seat Assignments for AS-issued tickets

Currently, the STARLUX website does not recognize AS-issued bookings for seat assignments. To get a seat assignments, use chat or call STARLUX.

Moderator Note

Because AS is JX’s only US partner, there is lot of interest here in its service, inflight product and FTers' general experiences. For the time being, STARLUX comments and reviews (especially J and PE) will be welcome in this thread.

There is not a dedicated JX forum on FT (discussion is the “Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines” forum). Please try to keep posts at least a bit related to AS, if possible. Thanks.

dayone, AS Moderator

Print Wikipost

AS Partnership with STARLUX Airlines (JX) [Launched 4/26/2023]

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2023, 7:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
from the Starlux press release:

”The agreement will give both STARLUX and Alaska loyalty program members more opportunities for rewards by earning points on flights operated by each carrier. Once fully implemented, the partnership will allow customers of both airlines to book connecting flights on a single ticket, making check-in and luggage transfer faster and easier.”

my guess is they don’t know yet when it will be fully implemented.
Seems to me like the partnership was announced prematurely. Why not wait for complete integration prior to launching the partnership, I wonder.
Old May 6, 2023, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
Seems to me like the partnership was announced prematurely. Why not wait for complete integration prior to launching the partnership, I wonder.
Kinda just seems like Alaska's MO at this point. From 100K status, to the choice benefit, to the international upgrade certificates on AA, it's always announced with a *coming soon.
anteater likes this.
Old May 6, 2023, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by hpmh

Kinda just seems like Alaska's MO at this point. From 100K status, to the choice benefit, to the international upgrade certificates on AA, it's always announced with a *coming soon.
*laughs in SQ awards*
Speedbird84 likes this.
Old May 7, 2023, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
Well, they were trying to get it announced on the day JX launched LAX service. 4/26/23.

I think this attracts passengers who are slaves of mileage programs / AS members to book JX. So, the sooner, the better - even before all the details are worked out.

Last edited by username; May 7, 2023 at 1:25 am
Old May 9, 2023, 6:32 pm

SO I am guessing that Starlux is still not bookable on Alaska?
Oops, saw that it wasn't going to be bookable until the summer. My bad.

Last edited by HIFlya; May 9, 2023 at 6:41 pm
Old May 27, 2023, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Belabored success, getting miles from STARLUX to post to Alaska

Dear all,

I was lucky enough to be on the inaugural Starlux Airlines flight from Taipei to Los Angeles. Because STARLUX did not have any partnerships. At the time, I opened a STARLUX account to earn miles with them.

upon landing, I saw the announcement effective immediately of earning availability on Alaska.

I called STARLUX to have them add my Alaska account and redirect the miles to Alaska. They happily did sell. But five minutes later they called me back and said that it wasn’t possible.

This led to a chain of emails, back-and-forth with STARLUX. STARLUX ultimately told me that because the announcement was made three hours after the departure from Taipei, it would not work with Alaska.

I then called Alaska. The agent told me that I would certainly be able to earn miles on the flight. I just needed to have starlux release the miles.

Again, STARLUX refused. So I then asked them to close my account entirely.

i then had a series of emails back-and-forth with Alaska.

In one email, I was told that starlux is not a partner at all.

In another, they told me that I can only earn on STARLUX starting this summer. (According to the press release, we can earn immediately… We just can’t redeem until this summer.)

Finally, finally, after many weeks, the miles had posted to my Alaska account!
Old May 27, 2023, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by HIFlya
SO I am guessing that Starlux is still not bookable on Alaska?
Oops, saw that it wasn't going to be bookable until the summer. My bad.
Too bad we don't have any clarity on when "summer" is...could be June 21 or September 23 or any date in between...thanks AS!
Old Jun 12, 2023, 2:42 pm

Starlux redemptions--when will it begin?

Does anybody have insights about when we can redeem AS miles on Starlux?
kaiotes likes this.

Last edited by Barkinpark; Jun 12, 2023 at 2:43 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 12, 2023, 3:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by luv2fly4free
Too bad we don't have any clarity on when "summer" is...could be June 21 or September 23 or any date in between...thanks AS!
It’s not summer til we hit 70°F at least once at TSAIA!
Old Jun 12, 2023, 8:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
Does anybody have insights about when we can redeem AS miles on Starlux?
I used my secret Alaska decoder ring to decode "this summer". My decoder ring says that means sometime prior to November.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Since redemption requires two to do integration work, and one is a relatively new airline without years of partner integration experience, I would not be surprised if Alaska simply doesn’t feel comfortable to be more specific.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Since redemption requires two to do integration work, and one is a relatively new airline without years of partner integration experience, I would not be surprised if Alaska simply doesn’t feel comfortable to be more specific.

In all seriousness I would be pleasantly surprised if this happened in CY 2023. Alaska is legitimately terrible at these sorts of timelines.

And don’t worry, there will be about 684847 blog posts about this from salivating miles and points bloggers when it happens, so nobody will be missing out.
985X and zdfld like this.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 10:31 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
there will be about 684847 blog posts about this from salivating miles and points bloggers when it happens, so nobody will be missing out.
My money is on that it will be posted here before appearing on the blogs, but I'm biased.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 11:19 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
I've been checking award space on JX every day and night cuz I'm FOMO.

Also I'm running out of TPAC airlines to try, so JX would be a nice new airline to fly across the pond...
Old Jun 14, 2023, 12:01 pm

Programs: AK 75K (fFormerly 100K for one year), DL Silver (formerly DM) for 10 years, Delta MM, AA
JetStar

Has anyone looked into flying on JetStar flights to TPE originating from elsewhere than LAX?

Also, has anyone had success booking FC flights with points to Asia? I'm looking at Jan and Feb and nothing is available.

I've seen KAL flights with FC available on Asian & TP flights, but no longer available when you try to book.

I've seen FC on Qatar for 200K one was to DOH.

I've seen 100K one way on Singapore where the only FC flight is from SIN to KUL or BKK. I called the reservations and spoke to a partners expert and was told the website is not operating correctly. I was told to try other cities than MIA or FLL for FC availability. I tried JFK, SFO, SEA. What gives?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.