Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Most interesting route you've earned AS miles on?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most interesting route you've earned AS miles on?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2023, 1:50 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
ANC-OTZ-OME was fun. Direct, but not non-stop!
Old Apr 13, 2023, 2:54 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
We did SEA-LHR-JNB on BA J with return in F. Purchased during South Africa's covid shutdown, F priced out less than J on the return, and we upgraded on check in in Seattle to an empty F for $399. Paid around 4 cpm and earned over 80K on that trip, all for the hassle of a pre-flight covid test. Got a 3 day safari in at Mala Mala on top of it, where there was nobody there but the ranger and us. Why is pandemic travel looking so good to me right now?
Old Apr 13, 2023, 4:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, AS MVP Gold 100K, AS MM, Avis First
I needed 4800 miles to keep my 75K status pre-pandemic. My hubby and I were going to San; Diego to visit one of our daughters. He dropped me at SJC and then drove to San Diego and I went SJC/EWR and EWR/SAN same day turn. I got to San Diego late, but we had a great time with the daughter and her family the week between Christmas and New Year and I kept my 75K.
AKLifetimeFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 9:05 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Open-jaw SFO-DFW-LHR-BLR-LHR-BOS on BA J (other than the SFO-DFW tag in AA Y) in 2021 for $3k RT in I fare, earned 27k EQM/45k RDM even starting from no status.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
My family and I flew HEL-RVN-HEL on AY as a day trip this past December.

I credited to AA but my wife and kids earned AS miles. I should have credited to AS too as they each earned 1000 miles for the roundtrip; I only received 523 posting to AA.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 10:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JetAirways77W
Open-jaw SFO-DFW-LHR-BLR-LHR-BOS on BA J (other than the SFO-DFW tag in AA Y) in 2021 for $3k RT in I fare, earned 27k EQM/45k RDM even starting from no status.
I have been flying ex-EU for over a year now. Started February 2022 with an AS/AY award PHX-SEA-JFK-HEL-LHR all in J then flew BA revenue to IST. BA/AA/AY all BA prime or codeshares. IST-LHR-JFK in February, LAX-DFW-HEL in July & CPH-LHR-CPT in August, all in J for $2100, base was $1597. IAfter an AY LAX-HEL cancelation, BA put me on AA to DFW and AY DFW-HEL in D class. Those two flights alone earned 16,158 EQM & 32,316 RDM.

In January this year, we flew BA/AY/AA BUD-HEL-JFK-LAX(A321T)-HNL-DFW(77W)-LAX-LHR-BUD all in J for $1710 to visit friends in Hawaii. I booked it during a FRA stopover on a 65K DE JFK-FRA-CPT award. AS was asking $1733 one-way in J PHX-SEA-HNL on the same outbound date.

Last September, I flew BA/AA JNB-LHR-PHX in PE but when I realized I could return to BUD in PE in March for $87 more, I didn't hesitate. $1047 total. I was able to upgrade both those flight to J with an AA SWU. We went back to Budapest in early March and spent 4 days.

I then booked us an open-jaw BA/AA J BUD-LHR-DEN-PHX flown in March, returning YLW-SEA-DFW-LHR-MXP at the end of June for $1533. We are staying in MXP for three nights, hopping over to ATH for three nights and then a 10-day cruise ending in Venice. Two 60K Aer Lingus J awards will get us back mid July.

James

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Apr 13, 2023 at 11:23 pm
Old Apr 13, 2023, 10:15 pm
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
Several JAL domestic flights like ITM-HNA and ITM-MYJ, and I want to fly ITM-OKI but haven't yet.

Unfortunately not all JAL subsidiary carriers are in OneWorld and so you can't earn miles on some of the more exotic flights like the 8 mile KTD-MMD.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 10:41 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Now that AS joined oneworld, flying SQ JFK-SIN-DPS then flying KE DPS-ICN-JFK
Old Apr 14, 2023, 12:14 am

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
I did a lot of BHM-ATL-BNA-ATL-SEAv and vice versa in college to earn more miles and save money. It was typically a 40ish minute turn in BNA in a DC-9-50 or CRJ-700 where I was typically upgraded to first class on both segments. I almost flew BHM-ATL-BNA-CVG-MSP-ANC-SEA when my BNA-ATL was almost oversold and it was the routing with seats which got me to Seattle the quickest. At the time, DL would rebook VDB passengers onto DL or AS flights without issue.

I have done BHM-ATL-SEA-PDX-LAX-LAS-BLI and later BHM-ATL-LAS-LAX-SEA where I flew on DL, AA, AS, and some of their regional carriers all on one ticket within 24 hours.

I also booked BLI-SEA-SMF-PSP-SLC-LAX-MCO-MEM-BHM to get back to college one year, but flight delays made me miss the SMF connection. The PSP-BHM portion inadvertently avoided a multi day closure of ATL and only laded 15 minutes late.

One of the downsides of being SEA based nowadays are all the nonstop flights to non-hub destinations and more restrictive routings otherwise, so there's less need for random connections. With cheap fares no longer combining and taking off some of the taxes and breaking married segment logic, it's now more expensive and risky to book so many flights on a single ticket.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 12:04 pm

Programs: AS 100K
OGG-HNL on AS 898 diverted for medical yesterday. Earned 100 base miles.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 8:47 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Explorist
CHC-SYD on Emirates.
In 2014, and this was part of a Hawaiian airlines ticket.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 11:48 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I have been flying ex-EU for over a year now. Started February 2022 with an AS/AY award PHX-SEA-JFK-HEL-LHR all in J then flew BA revenue to IST. BA/AA/AY all BA prime or codeshares. IST-LHR-JFK in February, LAX-DFW-HEL in July & CPH-LHR-CPT in August, all in J for $2100, base was $1597. IAfter an AY LAX-HEL cancelation, BA put me on AA to DFW and AY DFW-HEL in D class. Those two flights alone earned 16,158 EQM & 32,316 RDM.

In January this year, we flew BA/AY/AA BUD-HEL-JFK-LAX(A321T)-HNL-DFW(77W)-LAX-LHR-BUD all in J for $1710 to visit friends in Hawaii. I booked it during a FRA stopover on a 65K DE JFK-FRA-CPT award. AS was asking $1733 one-way in J PHX-SEA-HNL on the same outbound date.

Last September, I flew BA/AA JNB-LHR-PHX in PE but when I realized I could return to BUD in PE in March for $87 more, I didn't hesitate. $1047 total. I was able to upgrade both those flight to J with an AA SWU. We went back to Budapest in early March and spent 4 days.

I then booked us an open-jaw BA/AA J BUD-LHR-DEN-PHX flown in March, returning YLW-SEA-DFW-LHR-MXP at the end of June for $1533. We are staying in MXP for three nights, hopping over to ATH for three nights and then a 10-day cruise ending in Venice. Two 60K Aer Lingus J awards will get us back mid July.

James
I've been doing these ex-EU fares, too. Did AMS-HEL-LHR-JFK-LAX/SAN-DFW-JFK-HEL-LHR-BCN last year then started a new one to get home BCN-PHL-ORD-SAN. This year I did the return of LAX-JFK-HEL-BUD and started a new one with BUD-LHR-HEL-JFK-LAX done in March. I return in August with LAX-MIA-JFK-LHR-MAD-OPO which of course starts a new ticket for the return.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 12:12 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Since AS joined oneworld, I've been grateful to be able to earn miles on a few of the new partners that don't fly anywhere near SEA - some examples that come to mind are MAD-DBV on IB, FRU-OVB, OVB-VVO, and DME-AYT on S7, and KTM-KUL and KUL-LHR on MH. AS 100k (OW Emerald) even got me an opup for J on the OVB-VVO redeye - I was very grateful for that status recognition
Old Apr 15, 2023, 12:40 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
To and from falkan islands
Exiled in Express likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 3:43 pm

DFW-JFK-SIN-JFK-SFO-DAL. All within 72 hours. AA, SQ, AS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.