Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Most interesting route you've earned AS miles on?

Most interesting route you've earned AS miles on?

Old Apr 15, 2023, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
MAD-DBV on IB
Ha! I flew this route in 2016, so no AS miles back then. I have to say, it was the loudest flight I’ve ever been on. The Spaniards were such a lively bunch on that flight lol.
PVDtoDEL likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Unique for me but not FT, MEX-LIM-EZE back when both AeroMexico and LAN were Mileage Plan eligible.
AKLifetimeFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 1:53 am

SLE-PDX in a 15-passenger Ford van. QX flight number, minimum segment earn.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
Virgin America: PDX-LAX RT with connection in JFK in both directions.

PDX-JFK-LAX-JFK-PDX

Met many other FTers on these flights.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 10:41 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG-100K; HH-Diamond
JNB-DOH-SEA on Qatar...Q-suites were awesome!
Old Apr 22, 2023, 1:46 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K | Delta Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond
RSW-FLL a few weeks before RSW was served by AS. SEA-FLL flight had to refuel in RSW due to storms in FLL preventing landing. Didn’t mind the extra miles and segment.

Last edited by Ziron; Apr 22, 2023 at 2:11 am
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:27 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Resurrecting the thread I know, but PPT => IPC (Tahiti to Easter Island) takes the cake imo

I had an SFO => JFK flight divert to PHL, so PHL => JFK was 94 base miles but it still scaled up to 500 base accrued miles => 1250 miles for that segment to MileagePlan!

(I also did the full AS65 "Milk Run" over 2 days, from ANC all the way down to SEA w/ an overnight in Juneau ofc to see the Mendenhall glacier and do a bit of other hiking!)

And in December 2019 I had a Qantas First Class flight LAX => SYD go IRROPS... I was rebooked in Full Fare Business Class LAX => Brisbane => Perth (I had a separate ticket SYD => PER w/ miles that I was able to get refunded fortunately!)
Old Dec 17, 2023, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
Resurrecting the thread I know, but PPT => IPC (Tahiti to Easter Island) takes the cake imo

I had an SFO => JFK flight divert to PHL, so PHL => JFK was 94 base miles but it still scaled up to 500 base accrued miles => 1250 miles for that segment to MileagePlan!

(I also did the full AS65 "Milk Run" over 2 days, from ANC all the way down to SEA w/ an overnight in Juneau ofc to see the Mendenhall glacier and do a bit of other hiking!)

And in December 2019 I had a Qantas First Class flight LAX => SYD go IRROPS... I was rebooked in Full Fare Business Class LAX => Brisbane => Perth (I had a separate ticket SYD => PER w/ miles that I was able to get refunded fortunately!)
Can someone explain the milk run to me? I've seen it mentioned from time to time but I don't get it.

Since it's the same flight number doesn't that mean that it only counts as one segment, so you aren't cashing in on multiple 500 mile minimums and also you only get miles end to end (not the actual number of miles flown). What am I missing here?
Old Dec 17, 2023, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Can someone explain the milk run to me? I've seen it mentioned from time to time but I don't get it.
If you are looking for the history etc.,

https://news.alaskaair.com/alaska-ai...lk-run-flight/

And you are right - AFAIK it’s not a good way to get extra miles. But supposedly it’s fun. I never did it, but I did its warm weather cousin once, the UA Island Hopper from HNL to GUM. It was a long day in a 737, but it was fun, and I walked on islands that I otherwise probably would have never touched or even seen up close.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Definitely not as unique as some here, but for me IBZ-LHR earlier this year on BA.

I have a couple of interesting routings from the days of the EK partnership. We backtracked pretty significantly to fly HKT-DXB-SEA and ATH-DXB-SEA, both times to take advantage of good deals in EK F. Both earned a ton of EQM, and being the only two pax in the F cabin on one of the DXB-SEA flights was icing on the cake.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 5:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by AirborneLocksmith
SBA-SMF-BOI on Horizon.
Reminds me of flying PDX-PDT

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Unique for me but not FT, MEX-LIM-EZE back when both AeroMexico and LAN were Mileage Plan eligible.
Yes! Did this on my first trip to South America jackal may recall...

Originally Posted by VibeGuy
SLE-PDX in a 15-passenger Ford van. QX flight number, minimum segment earn.
Nice! No segment but I might have had a call from Ben back in the day... PUW-GEG via a van due to mx IIRC for the PUW a/c.

Also have collected a PUW-LWS too
Old Dec 17, 2023, 10:45 pm

JFK-LHR-JFK
Concorde.
mbluecpa, JCR, notquiteaff and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 11:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
My most unique flight I earned AS miles on was PLZ-JNB on Comair (British Airways)

Second most unique SYD-MCY on QF.

Both were flown with a family member. There were other FTers on the latter flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.