Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mixed Cabin Award Booking

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2023, 12:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Using the website for award searches indicates mixed cabin itineraries in the search results.
Yes, with a tiny little chair icon that you have to click to see the details.

AS falls far short of what most would consider fair disclosure on both app and website.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 1:08 pm

Honestly Alaska should provide an option to filter out/exclude any options where the longest segment isn't in desired class of service. Should be easy enough filter to implement even on client-side.
olouie likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
Honestly Alaska should provide an option to filter out/exclude any options where the longest segment isn't in desired class of service. Should be easy enough filter to implement even on client-side.
I don't think Alaska will do this. After I filed my DOT complaint against them for collecting incorrect taxes and fees on mixed cabin awards their replies and subsequent doing the very minimal to not continue violating the law is evidence that getting people to spend more mores for bookings that cost AS less is a deliberate move on their part. While they were fixing the "lets charge you the business class taxes and fees for economy class long hauls that mostly impacted BA bookings) they could have easily updated more things to make searches and redemptions more customer friendly, but they didn't. Even their replies on what happened to the illegal taxes and fees they collected was very vague and designed to protect them legally - again not customer friendly.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Yes, I did muss the banner, thanks for pointing it out.

i was looking for the icon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.