Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2022)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
May 24, 2022
AS SEA-DEN
737-900
5:55 p.m.

Blood orange/kale/chicken/almond/apple/goat cheese salad. I enjoyed the salad a lot; nice mix of flavors and textures. Nuts/drinks first, then the chocolate chip cookie. Very quick flight; we arrived 28 minutes early.

Old May 31, 2022, 9:22 am
DUT

Programs: MVPG
Meal choices Seattle to LAX, June 1, 2022.

Alaska Flight 35, 2:50pm departure.

I chose the salad 😊

DUT

Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by DUT
Meal choices Seattle to LAX, June 1, 2022.

Alaska Flight 35, 2:50pm departure.

I chose the salad 😊

DUT

Would generally look great except, as someone who despises goat cheese, it's so odd that both choices have it! I'd have to go with the fruit and cheese plate on this one (and not eat the brie...)
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Would generally look great except, as someone who despises goat cheese, it's so odd that both choices have it! I'd have to go with the fruit and cheese plate on this one (and not eat the brie...)
I didn't know the Brie was made from goat's milk. I couldn't find that info anywhere. Anyway, It's a winner in my book.

Last edited by philemer; Jun 1, 2022 at 11:06 pm
Old Jun 1, 2022, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
I didn't know the Brie was made from goat's milk. I couldn't find that info anywhere. Anyway, It's a winner in my book.
Generally brie is made from cow milk, but can and does get made from goat milk as well.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 11:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by philemer
Haha - no I meant that the two entrees include goat's cheese AND I generally don't like soft cheeses, so the brie is out on the fruit and cheese platter. But I tend to love the platter for the fruit and other cheeses on there.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by chrisny2
If you are dairy-free it also presents a problem. It would be smart if the goat cheese could be added onto the salad after the fact. Otherwise, you are either picking around it, or having the fruit from the fruit-n-cheese.

-J.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 11:30 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Dammit. I was hoping that during Covid-19, all the kale farms would have gone bust since Alaska wasn't serving any meals in First anymore. Looks like they survived the pandemic.

ugh.
jiburi, samosa, chrisl137 and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 1:54 pm

June 19 ANC-SEA-MSP

Guess I got lucky when the meals showed up right away on the app for our flights up to ANC, but not so lucky with the return flights.

App is grayed out, and the website says something along the lines of first class menu not available for this flight. Hoping when it does decide to show up that it isn't the lemongrass chicken and risotto options again, lol.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Dammit. I was hoping that during Covid-19, all the kale farms would have gone bust since Alaska wasn't serving any meals in First anymore. Looks like they survived the pandemic.

ugh.
Just wait ... With increasing MatSu Valley temps, a 300 lb kale is going to feed us all summer.
UAPremierExec likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Eleflux
Guess I got lucky when the meals showed up right away on the app for our flights up to ANC, but not so lucky with the return flights.

App is grayed out, and the website says something along the lines of first class menu not available for this flight. Hoping when it does decide to show up that it isn't the lemongrass chicken and risotto options again, lol.
Little update. Meals for flights tomorrow disappeared as well. Asked about it and was told they have an issue with the preorder system and it was taken down until fixed by IT, they were hoping tonight or tomorrow morning. We shall see. Was told it won't affect any preorders already made. Anyone else able to test and confirm no meals are showing on website or app at the moment?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 6:37 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Little update. Meals for flights tomorrow disappeared as well. Asked about it and was told they have an issue with the preorder system and it was taken down until fixed by IT, they were hoping tonight or tomorrow morning. We shall see. Was told it won't affect any preorders already made. Anyone else able to test and confirm no meals are showing on website or app at the moment?
My flight on Saturday, for which we have already preordered, is grayed out like you mentioned.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 6:45 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Cunard Diamond
My SAN-PAE flight in F is saying no meals available (?)
Old Jun 8, 2022, 6:49 pm

Sounds like it is across the board like they said then. Hopefully it will be back up soon so I can see what they will be feeding us on my return flights. Now I just have to hope my wife handles her first flight well tomorrow, lol.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 10:13 pm

Just received an email stating that due to the issues with the preorder system, passengers may not receive their pre-ordered meal choice. It did say if the preorder was on or after June 3rd and flying on June 9th, but I assume that reference is specifically tied to the booking. Said flight attendants will go over choices and that there will be a meal, just might not be the one that was chosen.

Think we pre-ordered before that...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.