Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by mtofell
I have an upcoming flight with my twin 12-year old boys next week and we're on split tickets since I used award points for them. It looks like there's a decent chance I'll get a FC upgrade and am wondering if the FAs would allow me to switch seats with each one for a bit during the flight? I'd definitely ask them but was just curious what the thoughts are here. My boys are both fascinated with FC and would LOVE a few minutes up front in "luxury". I figure it's also one of those great teaching moments to encourage them to stay in school and get a good job
This has been debated and discussed to death through the years, but the popular consensus is that if you do switch seats between F & Y, it should be with the same family member/friend for the duration of the flight. Even though it's realistically quite slight and probably imperceptible, there is the idea that it can cause a possible disturbance or annoyance to other pax in the F cabin.

Speaking of imperceptible - if the FA doesn't mind the swap, and they're identical twins, no one would be the wiser!
be_rettSEA and mtofell like this.
Old May 27, 2022, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
This has been debated and discussed to death through the years, but the popular consensus is that if you do switch seats between F & Y, it should be with the same family member/friend for the duration of the flight. Even though it's realistically quite slight and probably imperceptible, there is the idea that it can cause a possible disturbance or annoyance to other pax in the F cabin.

Speaking of imperceptible - if the FA doesn't mind the swap, and they're identical twins, no one would be the wiser!
Just make sure they're dressed the same, too.
Old May 27, 2022, 4:06 pm

For Alaska on flights booked in first class is there an elite qualifying miles bonus? For example if I fly 2500 miles in I or D class how many EQM does this receive?
Old May 27, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by Allusha
For Alaska on flights booked in first class is there an elite qualifying miles bonus? For example if I fly 2500 miles in I or D class how many EQM does this receive?
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...earn-on-alaska
minhaoxue and be_rettSEA like this.
Old May 27, 2022, 4:37 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
No. A butt-in-seat mile is a butt-in-seat mile no matter who you are. As the saying goes, sometimes even the president of the United States has to stand naked.

Short of stuff such as the Fast Track to Status promotion that is.
Old May 27, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by vanillabean
No. A butt-in-seat mile is a butt-in-seat mile no matter who you are. As the saying goes, sometimes even the president of the United States has to stand naked.

Short of stuff such as the Fast Track to Status promotion that is.
This answer is absolutely incorrect. See my link above, where the details clearly say "Base miles and fare class bonus miles earned based on the above chart are eligible for elite qualifying miles."
minhaoxue and be_rettSEA like this.
Old May 27, 2022, 5:29 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by thatmikereed
This answer is absolutely incorrect. See my link above, where the details clearly say "Base miles and fare class bonus miles earned based on the above chart are eligible for elite qualifying miles."
Oops sorry. I don't have much experience with fare class bonus miles.
Old May 27, 2022, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by vanillabean
Oops sorry. I don't have much experience with fare class bonus miles.
Can't throw a flame here! You need better friends, or at least visit the ones that have this experience more often, or at least when you need to buy impeccably fresh fruit
Old May 27, 2022, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
You will get a bonus 50% bonus for flying I or D class. Using your example, you would get 3750 EQM miles.
Old May 28, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: AS
Still misleading information on AS site.
Traveling in First Class
Experience exclusive, First Class perks. Check in two free bags, skip ahead with expedited check-in and priority boarding, along with express security screening at select airports. Plus, earn 75% more Mileage Plan™ bonus miles with your First Class ticket purchase
Old May 29, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Hi folks, I'm stuck at 99600 EQM but due to some health issues, I may not be able to travel in the next few months. Is there a way to get the remaining 400-500 EQM without flying? I have no AS credit card if that matters.
Old May 29, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by hyedmd
Hi folks, I'm stuck at 99600 EQM but due to some health issues, I may not be able to travel in the next few months. Is there a way to get the remaining 400-500 EQM without flying? I have no AS credit card if that matters.
I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. If it was me, I'd wait to worry about this at the end of the year. You've still got more than six months and even the shortest flight will get you to 100k thanks to the 500-mile minimum. If it turns out you're unable to travel, there's a good chance they'll send you an email in November or December offering to let you buy the miles since you're so close. If they don't, give them a call in December and explain the situation and ask what they can do, but I think it's unlikely they'll do anything until then. Also, be sure to keep your eyes out to see if they run any kind of promotion that will help you reach your goal between now and then.
kalderlake, be_rettSEA and hyedmd like this.
Old May 29, 2022, 12:39 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
I have a question about a trip I've got coming up in August. It's a work trip for me and my return flight has an M fare code, which is eligible for an immediate space-available upgrade to F since I'm 75k. There are no upgrades available right now, so my first question is if space opens up, will the upgrade be processed automatically or do I need to call in? Also, what if it doesn't open until the regular upgrade window? In that case, would I essentially jump the list and bypass, a 100k with a lower fare code, for instance, or would I just take my normal place on the waitlist?

My next question is about the same trip. My MVP boyfriend decided to come with me and we booked his trip on a separate reservation using miles. I always thought when you book with miles you don't get a fare code but when I received the confirmation email, I noticed he has a booking code of L one way and Y the next. Y fare codes are supposed to be eligible for immediate upgrades to F if there is space available so I have basically the same question. If space doesn't open up until the very end, would he get to jump other elites on the waitlist or would he be on the bottom with the other MVPs as usual?
Old May 29, 2022, 8:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Can someone explain the process of picking J seats on Aer Limgus bought with AS miles? Thx
Old Jun 1, 2022, 7:39 am

Addressing Award Schedule Change - Best Practice?

Generally more beneficial for me to address as changes occur or wait 6 months until, say, a month prior to attend to whatever changes are pending?

Award flight. Early December 2022. XXX-SEA-NRT-BKK

Thank you for any guidance. My apologies if previously addressed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.