Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

[Rant] Requalify for the Elite Tier You Fell Short on Promotion...Not Happy!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Rant] Requalify for the Elite Tier You Fell Short on Promotion...Not Happy!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2021, 6:54 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by CDKing
AS does something like this every year. I'm not shocked by it. I just never take advantage because the one year I do need, it wont be offered.
True that. I have never had to take advantage of their requal offers but they have been around for a long time. IIRC, the only difference with this one is that you get an extra month to fly. It has ended at the end of March in the past.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 11:42 pm

I am printing this thread
Old Dec 21, 2021, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by BOB W
True that. I have never had to take advantage of their requal offers but they have been around for a long time. IIRC, the only difference with this one is that you get an extra month to fly. It has ended at the end of March in the past.
I have (though previous installments didn’t extend your status those extra months up front, you got it back once you finished the challenge). My preemptive apologies to OP for ruining her day by following rules of a loyalty program that is designed to make an airline money, but apparently it is now somehow insulting for that airline to solicit business using said program.
SF1K and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 7:33 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I could be mad that I flew so many more flights to reach my MM status because a LOT of them were the short Q400 flights, compared to others that got there with so many transcons, but I'm not.
I could say I understand the original rant, but I cannot.
What I can say, is that this has been a nice break from work, now it is time to get back to the grind.
lalala likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 9:22 pm

So OP just became 75k during covid times, thanks to all the cheap fare and eqm bonus, and now she wants to get on her high horse and complain? Girl you could always just go back to be a Frontier elite and compare how they treat you vs AS. This is just peak DIYKIA.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 1:23 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k
Thanks for ruining Thanksgiving!

Maybe Marie Callender is a new MP consultant?
985X likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I am going to support the OP by not flying a single additional paid AS flight for the remainder of 2021.

I do expect to take one more AS flight this year, on award travel, which will be my first as a 75k under my new requalification. I think I will make a DYKWIACHB* card. After all, as a 35+ year MP member, most years with some sort of status, AS owes me. Bigly.

*(Do You Know Who I Almost Could Have Been)

Last edited by Eastbay1K; Dec 22, 2021 at 10:31 am Reason: Edited for sylistic elegance
Old Dec 22, 2021, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I am going to support the OP by not flying a single additional paid AS flight for the remainder of 2021.
I stand with you in solidarity, and won’t be taking an additional paid AS flight until March 2022. That’ll show them!
Eastbay1K and anhuang19 like this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I stand with you in solidarity, and won’t be taking an additional paid AS flight until March 2022. That’ll show them!
Notwithstanding my solidarity, I couldn't wait that long. Like a hooker on sale, AS offered me the option to ride her cheaply in January. Fear not, I'm using GGUs for protection!
Old Dec 22, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k - UA Premier Gold - AA Platinum Pro
New Alaska survey, hot off the presses:

On a scale of 1-10, how likely is it that we will see OP in this forum/thread again soon?

Thank you,
Ben M.
anteater likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Notwithstanding my solidarity, I couldn't wait that long. Like a hooker on sale, AS offered me the option to ride her cheaply in January. Fear not, I'm using GGUs for protection!
Good one!
I am also boycotting AS for the remainder of the year. Every year, on January 1, the YTD miles progress bar goes to ZERO Exactly one week later i will again see gold in the progress bar. I will also be using GGU protection on my flights.

Now, if AS would just offer another bonus EQM miles promotion I just might forgive them.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 2:01 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Moderator Note

In the spirit of holiday peace and goodwill, it's time to close this thread. Best wishes to all.

dayone, AS Moderator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.