Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Update the forum description?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2021, 3:10 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
But then shouldn't OO be included as well i.e. regional?
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
What is OO?
Skywest and their E75s that fly for AS.

And is there also some new form of Ravn that's affiliated? I don't know the specs on that one.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 3:13 pm
Community Director Emerita

You raise a good point. I don't know that Wikipedia is authoritative, but here is what it says:

Some cities in Alaska's network with less traffic are served by regional airline partners under a capacity purchase agreement. Under that agreement, the regional airline is paid to operate and maintain aircraft used on flights that are scheduled and marketed by Alaska Airlines. Alaska's airline partners include wholly-owned regional subsidiary Horizon Air and carrier SkyWest Airlines.

I'm going to see how this thread evolves before making any more changes to the forum description.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by thatmikereed
Us newbies are more likely to notice the things that you old-timers are just used to. Nothing wrong with calling out old information that could confuse new folks.
Agreed, I didn’t even there was a forum description

I have browser bookmarks for my favorite individual forums and only occasionally visit the list of forums when, as recently with BA, I have a trip coming up with an airline or hotel that I don’t usually follow. But for someone (new) exploring the forums having descriptions can certainly be helpful.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SkyWest is not unique to AS (the way Horizon and Ravn are):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SkyWest_Airlines

SkyWest Airlines is an Americanregional airline headquartered in St. George, Utah, United States. SkyWest is paid to staff, operate and maintain aircraft used on flights that are scheduled, marketed and sold by a partner mainline airline. The airline is contracted by Alaska Airlines (as Alaska SkyWest), American Airlines (as American Eagle), Delta Air Lines (as Delta Connection), and United Airlines (as United Express).
Old Oct 18, 2021, 9:32 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by sdsearch
SkyWest is not unique to AS (the way Horizon and Ravn are):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SkyWest_Airlines

SkyWest Airlines is an Americanregional airline headquartered in St. George, Utah, United States. SkyWest is paid to staff, operate and maintain aircraft used on flights that are scheduled, marketed and sold by a partner mainline airline. The airline is contracted by Alaska Airlines (as Alaska SkyWest), American Airlines (as American Eagle), Delta Air Lines (as Delta Connection), and United Airlines (as United Express).
I'm well aware of that, but you missed the point that I was referring to which was regional affiliates for AS, not their exclusivity.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by sdsearch
SkyWest is not unique to AS (the way Horizon and Ravn are)
Not sure how Ravn got roped into this. Ravn is an independent airline, with its own ownership, reservation system, and even loyalty program. They have codeshares with AS and are mileage-earning partners with Mileage Plan, but I don't believe they have any sort of capacity agreement with Alaska the way that SkyWest does. They're no more unique to AS than any codeshare partner. In fact, they're kinda less-so since you don't earn EQM on Ravn flights, and there are some flights (ANC-FAI) that can't be credited to MP at all, though they can be credited to FlyCoin.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 10:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by CalanMan
Not sure how Ravn got roped into this. Ravn is an independent airline, with its own ownership, reservation system, and even loyalty program. They have codeshares with AS and are mileage-earning partners with Mileage Plan, but I don't believe they have any sort of capacity agreement with Alaska the way that SkyWest does. They're no more unique to AS than any codeshare partner. In fact, they're kinda less-so since you don't earn EQM on Ravn flights, and there are some flights (ANC-FAI) that can't be credited to MP at all, though they can be credited to FlyCoin.
"The new ravn" that is- it gets even worse, as the parent company (or something along those lines) wants to buy 757's to use ANC as a scissor hub to reach the L48 and the Far East.

Anyway- I like it as it is now. ^
Old Oct 18, 2021, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by beckoa
"The new ravn" that is- it gets even worse, as the parent company (or something along those lines) wants to buy 757's to use ANC as a scissor hub to reach the L48 and the Far East.

Anyway- I like it as it is now. ^
Yup. It should change its name to NMA (New Mark Air)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.