Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Can BA codeshares operated by OW carriers credit to Alaska?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can BA codeshares operated by OW carriers credit to Alaska?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2021, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I went through the normal submission channel first. Nothing happened, so I called and was told to be patient that it was submitted and they were waiting for an answer. Then when my account showed:

I called. They said they'd resubmit and "we may have to post manually". Two weeks later, still nothing, so I called again. Now the person handling the call said she'd get someone on the line who could help better. He said he remembered my case (I guess during the previous call, he must have been asked for help). But then he said that they had submitted the claim to AA and got that answer from them. I suspected then that it was mishandled. I questioned more and he stated that it was the operating carrier that would make the posting. I mentioned that this was not the case anymore since AS had joined oneworld. That's when he asked for some time to look it up and after a minute or two came back saying I was right and that I'd have to wait up to 6 weeks for BA to respond.
Just two days ago, the flight appeared with

This matches AA's earning chart for a MVP 75k F booking class (2.25 x 4,751 = 10,689.75) while a BA F should give a bonus of 4+1.25=5.25x and thus a bonus of 24,943 for a total of 29,694. Similarly the EQM factor is 2x on AA and 3x as BA.

In your case, the EQM will be the same if they post it as AA but your RDM will suffer as well.

I just flew a similar ticket that ended yesterday (the outbound was 8 days ago) and will report what happens to this one. This last ticket has codeshare only on the domestic portion, so the difference is not as dramatic, but still.
Were your BA flight numbers in the eligible range?
Old Sep 3, 2021, 10:47 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by Aliquot
Were your BA flight numbers in the eligible range?
I just had another look and it is really strange. It seems that none of the BA flight numbers operated by AA are in the eligible range.
Still they have posted the return portion of that ticket with the BA operated flight posting with BA earnings while the domestic AA operated flight have posted with AA earning. But the rules for AA earning says that it has to be marketed by AA. For AA, there is no flight number restriction.

It seems that these flight number ranges are outdated...

PS: Given the general idea of oneworld and the fact that BA/AA are in a JV, it it pretty sure that the flight number ranges need updated.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by HangryDad
Did you have to ask for a specific department or wait a specific amount of time to call? I am in this exact same boat. 3/4 flights booked on BA and flown on their metal posted without issue. The last long haul on AA metal (in paid I) hasn't posted after 3 weeks.
Did you get that posted ever? I got another email saying they post based on operating carrier and not marketing carrier. Clearly a lot of people in the MP office didn't get the memo about oneworld.
Because of the flight range not being valid, I've decided to drop the matter and be satisfied with AA numbers. But I'd like to hear if anyone gets it to be posted right.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 6:19 pm

Programs: 75K, HH Diamond
Did you get that posted ever? I got another email saying they post based on operating carrier and not marketing carrier. Clearly a lot of people in the MP office didn't get the memo about oneworld.
Because of the flight range not being valid, I've decided to drop the matter and be satisfied with AA numbers. But I'd like to hear if anyone gets it to be posted right.
Thanks for checking in. Nope, on day 32 and still hasn't posted.

I'm out of town for a conference this week, i'll follow up with them next week and push them to manually post everything. Super annoying.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 7:10 pm

Thanks for checking in. Nope, on day 32 and still hasn't posted.

I'm out of town for a conference this week, i'll follow up with them next week and push them to manually post everything. Super annoying.
Let us know how it goes. For our latest ticket, I'm submitting the whole thing with a note quoting the rules from their web page. If they do not post the domestic flights because of the flight numbers, I'll get them posted either on AA or BA.
I'll report back. (Typically they claim up to 6 weeks to get a response from partners)
tobikosan likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 12:01 pm

Let us know how it goes. For our latest ticket, I'm submitting the whole thing with a note quoting the rules from their web page. If they do not post the domestic flights because of the flight numbers, I'll get them posted either on AA or BA.
I'll report back. (Typically they claim up to 6 weeks to get a response from partners)
I called in yesterday and was transferred over to CC, the rep seemed to understand the issue which was a nice change (guessing this has been happening more and more frequently?). She had me send over the original ticket receipt to verify purchase and I sent over an email showing my check in to the flight not credited. Only issue is they have to send it over to either BA or AA (she didn't mention which airline, I assume AA) and said it could take another 4-5 weeks to verify. I'll update when/if I see the miles post.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 4:22 pm

I called in yesterday and was transferred over to CC, the rep seemed to understand the issue which was a nice change (guessing this has been happening more and more frequently?). She had me send over the original ticket receipt to verify purchase and I sent over an email showing my check in to the flight not credited. Only issue is they have to send it over to either BA or AA (she didn't mention which airline, I assume AA) and said it could take another 4-5 weeks to verify. I'll update when/if I see the miles post.
On my side, for the latest ticket, I sent the same data you sent by email a few weeks back and the BA operated BA coded flights have posted. So far the BA coded, AA operated flights (domestic) have not. I am going to wait a bit longer before calling if they do not post.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 5:36 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
My BA flights (DFW-LHR-BLR-LHR-BOS) in paid I posted about 23 days after travel ended, but my AA SFO-DFW leg has not posted yet; customer support says it can take until mid-October for that.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 9:27 pm

Programs: MVPGold 75K
This is getting out of control

I have had BA marketed but Alaska operated flight form sea to PDX and i got no credit. I hope this stupidity is resolved. I complained and the Alaska replied that BA codeshare flights were not in that approved list.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by felicidad76
I have had BA marketed but Alaska operated flight form sea to PDX and i got no credit. I hope this stupidity is resolved. I complained and the Alaska replied that BA codeshare flights were not in that approved list.
What was the BA flight number?
BA coded, oneworld operated can credit if they fall in one of the allowed flight number ranges. But those ranges are ridiculous. They basically seem to exclude any US flight. They are probably a remnant of pre Alaska joining oneworld. They need to update those numbers. BA will credit any flight as long as it is oneworld marketed and oneworld operated. AS should do the same.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 3:41 pm

Programs: MVPGold 75K
What was the BA flight number?
BA coded, oneworld operated can credit if they fall in one of the allowed flight number ranges. But those ranges are ridiculous. They basically seem to exclude any US flight. They are probably a remnant of pre Alaska joining oneworld. They need to update those numbers. BA will credit any flight as long as it is oneworld marketed and oneworld operated. AS should do the same.
I agree
Old Nov 2, 2021, 12:10 pm

Received an email this morning from AS CS stating my BA flight has posted to my account. Checked and they coded the flight as BA (I class), so 1.5x EQM and 2.5x RDM, was really only expecting the AA equiv.

Took just over 4 weeks from the time I emailed the rep the flight info to them manually posting the miles.
ashill likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Received an email this morning from AS CS stating my BA flight has posted to my account. Checked and they coded the flight as BA (I class), so 1.5x EQM and 2.5x RDM, was really only expecting the AA equiv.

Took just over 4 weeks from the time I emailed the rep the flight info to them manually posting the miles.
Are you MVPG? Both AA & BA earn a 50% COS for I fares. However BA I fares earn an additional 100% bonus RDM only. Without the Elite Bonus, RDM would be 250% on BA & 150% on AA. With the MVPG 100% Elite bonus the total RDM earned would be 350% & 250% respectively.

If the BA operated flight was marketed by AA then it sounds like the AA charts were used, just as stated in the details.

James
HangryDad likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Are you MVPG? Both AA & BA earn a 50% COS for I fares. However BA I fares earn an additional 100% bonus RDM only. Without the Elite Bonus, RDM would be 250% on BA & 150% on AA. With the MVPG 100% Elite bonus the total RDM earned would be 350% & 250% respectively.

If the BA operated flight was marketed by AA then it sounds like the AA charts were used, just as stated in the details.

James
Hi James, thanks for clarifying.

Yes, I'm MVPG. Flight distance was 4801 miles, I had 7,202 (1.5x) EQM and 16,804 (3.5x) credited to my account. This was the exact same for the BA and AA flights (BA48 and BA1508).
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Hi James, thanks for clarifying.

Yes, I'm MVPG. Flight distance was 4801 miles, I had 7,202 (1.5x) EQM and 16,804 (3.5x) credited to my account. This was the exact same for the BA and AA flights (BA48 and BA1508).
To be clear, this was a BA-marketed, AA-operated flight that in the end posted as a BA flight? Sounds like as it should be, but completely absurd that it took so long and so much intervention.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.