FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk

Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2022, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by ssk244
Oh interesting. I have plus membership too - but they don't make me show it. They just scan my boarding pass and wave me in. (At AA Lounges.)
Doesn't work if crediting to AA.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 8:11 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by ssk244
Oh interesting. I have plus membership too - but they don't make me show it. They just scan my boarding pass and wave me in. (At AA Lounges.)
I occasionally use the AA lounge at sna, Ord, and dca, and always have to show my card when I am crediting to Alaska and regardless of whether I fly Alaska or American. To be fair, my printed boarding passes never show my lounge membership due to some technical issue.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by samosa
I occasionally use the AA lounge at sna, Ord, and dca, and always have to show my card when I am crediting to Alaska and regardless of whether I fly Alaska or American. To be fair, my printed boarding passes never show my lounge membership due to some technical issue.
I had that issue for years, but then something magically happened a few months ago and now it shows the Alaska Lounge logo on my electronic boarding passes. It will forever be a mystery on what fixed it.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by navydevildoc
I had that issue for years, but then something magically happened a few months ago and now it shows the Alaska Lounge logo on my electronic boarding passes. It will forever be a mystery on what fixed it.
after a few calls to customer care, it shows up on my mobile pass and in their iPads/phones (it didnt before) but doesnt show up on a printed boarding pass from the airport. No one can figure out why. Neither my status or lounge membership shows up.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Seems like we're getting pretty deep into the, "after school starts travel lull" and still no daily lounge passes being sold at SEA and PDX. I was kind of expecting AS to make that only a temporary thing during summer. Any recent reports of volume levels in those lounges? My B of A Alaska Visa (good for 50% off a daily pass) is growing more worthless by the day.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mtofell
Seems like we're getting pretty deep into the, "after school starts travel lull" and still no daily lounge passes being sold at SEA and PDX. I was kind of expecting AS to make that only a temporary thing during summer. Any recent reports of volume levels in those lounges? My B of A Alaska Visa (good for 50% off a daily pass) is growing more worthless by the day.
SEA N was packed pretty good last week on a Wednesday.
mtofell likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 2:30 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by navydevildoc
SEA N was packed pretty good last week on a Wednesday.
When? The peaks I've seen seem to last less than an hour.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by 985X
Paper plates and plastic utensils back at SFO lounge
Again over this past weekend.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by econ
Again over this past weekend.
not this evening. The sign was there but regular plates.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 8:17 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K

I wish they have real steak tips.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 8:46 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by 985X

I wish they have real steak tips.
I wish people would stop killing animals for temporary sensory pleasure, but we dont all get what we want. Enjoy the more ethical choice, its delicious.
samosa and anteater like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:14 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Moderator Note

OK, food science preference stated and countered. Now, back to discussing the Alaksa Lounge.

dayone, AS Moderator
Tack, ssk244 and navydevildoc like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I don't frequent them frequently (not a member) but hit up 2 in SEA over the last 2 days with our F tickets - C on Monday evening upon arrival, was surprised that only certain beverages are comp (I asked for a Chardonnay, and she told me it would be $8 but Pinot Grigio would be free). Looked like soup and salad available.

Then went to the N lounge the next morning - wow, just wow. I wasn't expecting anything so ginormous. Hadn't been to the N Gates at all in years - last time they were a rubble heap with some gates with maybe half a dozen (literally) chairs, looks nice now.

This was very early AM and pancake machine out of order, everything else served on paper plates. It was fine, but honestly I get more value from my "free" Priority Pass than I would with an AS membership - and speaking of PP, sign out that it would have been accepted that morning in N.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I don't frequent them frequently (not a member) but hit up 2 in SEA over the last 2 days with our F tickets - C on Monday evening upon arrival, was surprised that only certain beverages are comp (I asked for a Chardonnay, and she told me it would be $8 but Pinot Grigio would be free). Looked like soup and salad available.
The food choices in all the Alaska lounges has declined over the last year. It used to be that you could count on come small sandwich / charcuterie / crudite items, now that's not the case at all.

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
This was very early AM and pancake machine out of order, everything else served on paper plates. It was fine, but honestly I get more value from my "free" Priority Pass than I would with an AS membership - and speaking of PP, sign out that it would have been accepted that morning in N.
I sent a note to Alaska about the pancake machine being out - one less option - and surprising they don't have a backup they can swap in. The paper plates thing is getting ridiculous. Months now the dishwasher hasn't worked.

As for Priority Pass, are you sure you read that right? PP is no longer accepted, so I'd have expected to see "wouldn't" in your comment vs. would. They're not selling day passes - I can't imagine them re-authorizing PP members to enter.
mildfrequence and mtofell like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by thatmikereed
The food choices in all the Alaska lounges has declined over the last year. It used to be that you could count on come small sandwich / charcuterie / crudite items, now that's not the case at all.

I sent a note to Alaska about the pancake machine being out - one less option - and surprising they don't have a backup they can swap in. The paper plates thing is getting ridiculous. Months now the dishwasher hasn't worked.

As for Priority Pass, are you sure you read that right? PP is no longer accepted, so I'd have expected to see "wouldn't" in your comment vs. would. They're not selling day passes - I can't imagine them re-authorizing PP members to enter.
I'm almost pretty sure they had the "PP accepted" sign out in N at 6 am - it was practically empty. But maybe because it was so early I didn't see the "NOT"? Anything is possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.