Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

[Speculation] Discussion the New MVP Gold 100K Tier (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Speculation] Discussion the New MVP Gold 100K Tier (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2021, 8:16 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I'd take a transfer from the C to N gates in a Porsche
I'd prefer a Tesla!

I hope they're floating this idea and reading our feedback. It won't work this year, maybe next, altho probably 2023.

(100k, not the Tesla)
Thysk and RAD_PDX like this.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rune87
I'm going to wager that if it's introduced it won't be effective until the 2022/2023 qualification years. To introduce it after the year has started and during a travel restricted pandemic is exceptionally tone deaf.
They may be thinking that this is the year to do it because with the difficulty many people will have qualifying this year, it will probably take until at least the middle of next year before the 75Ks start noting missing their upgrades with any meaningful frequency.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
My guess is that MVP/MVPG EQM qualification will change to 25K/50k/75K/100K.....I hope I'm wrong.
Eurynom0s likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 9:30 pm

Programs: Yes
I’ll pass all of this feedback onto AS, and if you guys have anymore in the next 12 hours.

Any specific data points or concerns, everything is welcome.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 9:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by anteater
I’ll pass all of this feedback onto AS, and if you guys have anymore in the next 12 hours.
It sounds from the OP like it's a done deal. That said, I find it odd that no one else among the FT community has heard this.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 9:32 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
It sounds from the OP like it's a done deal. That said, I find it odd that no one else among the FT community has heard this.
It could be that it’s not supposed to public yet (company sensitive, unreleased etc). I haven’t heard about it, but I will let you know tomorrow.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 10:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by keitherson
The only people going to hit Alaska 100K are the people you don't want in your business, i.e., the people on this forum
lol there's plenty of truth in that.

I do suspect that a 100K tier, which would be most easily reached by flying partners in long-haul J, would punish quite a few of the loyal AS flyers who are clearing 75K exclusively on AS metal. Those are some true road warriors.
Originally Posted by Unionruler
If the logic of MVPG 100k is to match EP then MVPG 75k would roughly match Plat Pro which is still OWE, hope that gives y'all some assurance.
​​​​
Doubtful that will survive beyond 2021. It's easy for AA to give Plat Pro OWE when nobody's flying international.
Erasmus likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 10:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Unionruler
If the logic of MVPG 100k is to match EP then MVPG 75k would roughly match Plat Pro which is still OWE, hope that gives y'all some assurance.
​​​​
Has there been a recent change that AA Platinum Pro (75K level) now gets One World Emerald? The AA elite status page shows it as Sapphire, same as the Platinum (50K) level at AA.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...false&from=Nav
Old Jan 10, 2021, 10:22 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tom911
Has there been a recent change that AA Platinum Pro (75K level) now gets One World Emerald? The AA elite status page shows it as Sapphire, same as the Platinum (50K) level at AA.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...false&from=Nav
"Starting in early 2021, Platinum Pro members will also receive oneworld Emerald status with the oneworld Alliance, the world’s fastest growing and most highly rated global airline alliance. Members will enjoy additional perks such as first class priority check-in, access to first and business class lounges, fast track at select security lanes, higher priority for waitlists and standby, priority boarding and priority baggage handling when they travel on our oneworld partner airlines."
AA Article

Rumors are around the same time AS joins OW
tom911 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 10:32 pm

Programs: AS 75K
I wonder if ideas like this are ever floated onto message boards like Flyertalk to gauge interest? Lots of great opinions and critique here for sure.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 7:27 am

For those of us who qualified via the 90K prior threshold, another 10K isn't a big deal, I suppose. With a new 100K tier, I suspect AS would have to increase the GGUs value proposition to something similar to AA's SWUs? Finally, I think this change, if it were to occur, is rather unfair for those who have flown and earned their miles exlusively on AS metal.

PS - This *may* change my prior indifference between AS and WN on the ultra short (SFO - LAS/LAX) routes in AS' favor.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by Kacee
I do suspect that a 100K tier, which would be most easily reached by flying partners in long-haul J, would punish quite a few of the loyal AS flyers who are clearing 75K exclusively on AS metal. Those are some true road warriors.
THIS is the issue. 100K on AS metal is a big ask for anyone living outside Alaska or the Pacific Northwest. 100K on an international airline like AA is no big deal. I'd be supportive of AS unlocking additional OW-related benefits at 100K, but cranking up the dial (e.g., creating a higher upgrade priority tier on AS metal) on those of us who try hard to throw AS our domestic business when they are incapable of serving even a majority of our needs (in terms of miles flown) seems hypocritical.
Single_Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 8:55 am

Programs: RDM AS 100K - 1MM / DL DM - 3MM / Marriott Ambassador - Lifetime Titanium Elite
Million Miler and Life Gold MVP Impact

If a fourth tier is created and the life time status for million milers is still Gold MVP then it would be a reduction in the value with two tiers ahead of you instead of one.

Delta did this to me when I hit 2MM and received Gold status with only Platinum above. They added Diamond and made no adjustments effectively devaluing the "annual complimentary status. Gold on Delta is nowhere near where it used to be.
Seat 2A and ctporter like this.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 9:03 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by CAVU
If a fourth tier is created and the life time status for million milers is still Gold MVP then it would be a reduction in the value with two tiers ahead of you instead of one.

Delta did this to me when I hit 2MM and received Gold status with only Platinum above. They added Diamond and made no adjustments effectively devaluing the "annual complimentary status. Gold on Delta is nowhere near where it used to be.
Chasing lifetime benefits is a fool's errand. It will always be devalued. Ask SPG Lifetime Platinums, or UA MMs, or, how 'bout DL Flying Colonels? As companies grow (or worse, die) they cannot monotonically bloat their status levels forever.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 9:03 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Just received an email from AS titled "An important update on your MVP Gold 75K status".

In it: "For members who fly 100,000 miles per year, we’re also introducing a new tier starting in 2022. This will recognize our absolute top echelon road warriors and offer perks such as increased bonus miles, top upgrade priority on Alaska flights, lounge benefits, and more. Look for more details later in 2021."
95037 and anteater like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.