Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50% Bonus on EQM (1/1/2021-12/31/2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2021, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Timeforachange
I just had a interesting situation occur concerning the mileage bonus. I flew Sea to Aus today rt. Base miles 1764 bonus 2205 total of 3969. That put me over 75k for the year. The 50,000 special services miles were posted with no problem. The problem is the return form Aus to Sea, I've only received the base miles of 1764 no bonus. Has anyone else had this issue? Should I wait a couple of days and see if the bonus post?
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
This problem has been reported previously....not sure which thread....I would contact Mileage Plan.
Yes, contact Alaska. Here is the thread PDXPremier referenced: Bonus Mileage Glitch - Watch your mileage activity
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 10:41 am

Programs: AS100k,Hilton Diamond ,IHG Platinum,Bonvoy Platinum
Thank you.
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 5:09 pm

You made a good point, you do need to like flying and hanging out at airports to play the elite status game....lol. I suspect a lot of people have spouses that aren't into mileage running for whatever reason although it is usually more fun to mileage run with a buddy so maybe in the future we can have the First Annual Flyertalk AS Forum Mileage Run where we all go TOGETHER?? How much fun would it be to fly thousands of elite qualifying miles with some of your favorite Flyertalkers like PDXPremier???
Alaska needs to get some rubber ducks going in their lounges. My wife and youngest daughter think I'm crazy when I bring up the topic of mileage running -- I may or may not have a mileage run planned for later this year to get to 75K, it depends on who's asking. But when I showed them this blog post from Matthew at Live and Let's Fly they said they would fully support me flying to go get a duck. I'm not kidding. When the flying is about securing all of the 75K goodies it's a no go/hard sell, but if a collectible is involved then they will push me out the door. Who's crazy here me or them?

Also for the record the 50% EQM bonus helps this year because we can't get to Asia so the EQM bonus make up for that loss. I'd get to 75K naturally if I could get to Asia, but without it I'm good with the 50% bonus.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerDigits
Alaska needs to get some rubber ducks going in their lounges. My wife and youngest daughter think I'm crazy when I bring up the topic of mileage running -- I may or may not have a mileage run planned for later this year to get to 75K, it depends on who's asking. But when I showed them this blog post from Matthew at Live and Let's Fly they said they would fully support me flying to go get a duck. I'm not kidding. When the flying is about securing all of the 75K goodies it's a no go/hard sell, but if a collectible is involved then they will push me out the door. Who's crazy here me or them?

Also for the record the 50% EQM bonus helps this year because we can't get to Asia so the EQM bonus make up for that loss. I'd get to 75K naturally if I could get to Asia, but without it I'm good with the 50% bonus.
My wife probably wouldn't mileage run if it weren't for me planning them, but the she figured out a long time ago how different the traveling experience is when you have elite status and she also enjoys the time together that mileage running brings.
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
My wife probably wouldn't mileage run if it weren't for me planning them, but the she figured out a long time ago how different the traveling experience is when you have elite status
Mrs767 tolerates my continued work travel (and the fact that I sometimes turn my SEA<>WAS trips into MRs) for basically the same reason -- our indulgent long-haul travel is pretty much on hold, but we have hopes of resuming next year, and I continue to accumulate miles and maintain status to support domestic travel habits in the meantime
... she also enjoys the time together that mileage running brings.
while I haven't *quite* managed to get across that hurdle yet, I'm working on the "sales pitch" of domestic MRs to places we'd actually like to spend a few days anyway (I didn't really consider our Apr trip to the LEX DO as an "MR" per se, but the price for discounted F was certainly reasonable)
Old Sep 6, 2021, 5:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by FlyerDigits
When the flying is about securing all of the 75K goodies it's a no go/hard sell, but if a collectible is involved then they will push me out the door.
The human mind works in mysterious ways.
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
This thread has drifted a bit...

It took me a full million miles until I had three biz trips. These were ANC-FAI.

Haven't had any since.

<back on topic> I don't need AS to extend anything; some friends and family could use this though.

No plus one... guess that keeps things simpler, perhaps one day. It is awesome to have friends in all corners of the country willing to meet up for a slice of pizza or a beer.
pcoll and anteater like this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 10:04 am

Programs: AS 75K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
This year's 50% EQM bonus offer was scheduled to end on June 30, 2021. On June 24, I received an email from Alaska extending the 50% EQM bonus through September 30th. Are people expecting a similar extension through the end of the year to be announced in the next 10 days or so?
Old Sep 15, 2021, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Sandonkey
This year's 50% EQM bonus offer was scheduled to end on June 30, 2021. On June 24, I received an email from Alaska extending the 50% EQM bonus through September 30th. Are people expecting a similar extension through the end of the year to be announced in the next 10 days or so?

I’d expect them to announce something soon.

Hilton just announced their extensions. https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/09/14/...ights-to-2022/
pcoll likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Sandonkey
I just saw Delta has extended their 50% bonus through the end of 2022. I'm not sure if this is new but I hadn't seen it yet (but admittedly, don't pay that much attention to Delta). I have to think AS will follow suit.

Edit - I thought I saw the above run on my Facebook page as an ad but now can't seen to confirm it anywhere on Delta's site, etc. Thinking they may have just got me with calling "accelerators" in 2021 as counting for 2022.... not extending the accelerators through 2022. Sorry for the (potentially) misinformation.

Last edited by mtofell; Sep 15, 2021 at 8:30 pm
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:43 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Just got the email. They’re extending the promo until the end of the year. And you will get EQM for credit card spend.
Our Fast Track to Status promotion has just been extended to the end of the year. Fly now through Decemb.er 31, 202.1 and earn 50% more elite-qualifying miles*. No registration necessary—so book and get a boost to your EQMs. • Using your Alaska Airlines Visa® card, now you can earn up to 20,000 elite-qualifying miles. For every $2,500 you spend on purchases with your credit card, you can earn 2,500 elite-qualifying miles (EQMs) up to 20,000 EQMs**. Valid on purchases starting Septem.ber 16, through Novem.ber 15, 202.1.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
One note on the CC spend though:
Members who qualify for MVP Gold 75K status via this offer are not eligible to receive the 50,000 bonus miles awarded to those who earn MVP Gold 75K status.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:23 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Members who qualify for MVP Gold 75K status via this offer are not eligible to receive the 50,000 bonus miles awarded to those who earn MVP Gold 75K status.
Thanks for catching that. Shoot.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:56 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Hey experts - a quick question here on the first class ticket. Looks like fare D or I only earns 50% bonus EQM, not 75% anymore, after Mar 31 2021. Here's the screen shot.

Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:01 pm

Programs: AS
Yes, this change happened when AS aligned with One world.
Full fare First is now J (business class) F (first class) no longer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.