Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Black Friday Deals (2020) + 6x Visa Spend Bonus

Old Nov 24, 2020, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Kenya Airways Gold

Got an email this morning... Black Friday and cyber Monday deals are back this year and they’re giving Alaska visa cardholders a 6x spend bonus this weekend for all those purchases (would paste a link from the email but I couldn’t tell if the link in my email was unique or not haha)
Personally I’m excited about the deals but it will be interesting to see what travel dates are allowed for the discounts.
Tbh I’m a bit surprised they’re doing this given how much money they’re losing so it was absolutely a welcome surprise.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ItsAnAdam
Got an email this morning... Black Friday and cyber Monday deals are back this year and they’re giving Alaska visa cardholders a 6x spend bonus this weekend for all those purchases (would paste a link from the email but I couldn’t tell if the link in my email was unique or not haha)
Personally I’m excited about the deals but it will be interesting to see what travel dates are allowed for the discounts.
Tbh I’m a bit surprised they’re doing this given how much money they’re losing so it was absolutely a welcome surprise.
Alaska sells miles to BofA. MP is probably the only part of AS making money (as opposed to bleeding cash flying planes) right now.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Kenya Airways Gold
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Alaska sells miles to BofA. MP is probably the only part of AS making money (as opposed to bleeding cash flying planes) right now.
Oh lol sorry for the confusion I meant I'm a bit surprised they're still doing the Black Friday deals, but yes I would not be surprised if the only profitable piece right now is mileage plan.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 12:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Did anyone see footnote at the bottom? "The value of this reward may constitute taxable income to you. You may be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) that reflects the value of such reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither we, nor our affiliates provide tax advice."

I don't recall seeing something like this before...
Old Nov 24, 2020, 2:11 pm

Programs: alaska
6xmiles is nice. Hoping that these are actual deals that you can get for next year April-June. So far have only see "discounts" in January-March(ie pre when most people can get a vaccine).
Old Nov 24, 2020, 2:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by AKBasqUkr
Did anyone see footnote at the bottom? "The value of this reward may constitute taxable income to you. You may be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) that reflects the value of such reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither we, nor our affiliates provide tax advice."

I don't recall seeing something like this before...
sounds like CYA language. Points accruing, even at large multipliers, have always been treated as a rebate
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Did the math and looks like the sale starts Friday at 0800 ET (0500 PT)...

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/de...ck-friday-sale

-J.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 10:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Did the math and looks like the sale starts Friday at 0800 ET (0500 PT)...

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/de...ck-friday-sale

-J.
Early :yawn:

Guess I can always go back to sleep after booking a few things.

Now its hard to decide- book with AS Visa or AMEX Plat... I do like my AS miles and AS is typically ontime so the insurance benefit is of limited use on AS.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
I didn't get the email. Do you have to sign up somewhere? I'm wondering my $1500 monthly insurance bill would be eligible for this bonus?
Old Nov 24, 2020, 11:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
I didn't get the email. Do you have to sign up somewhere? I'm wondering my $1500 monthly insurance bill would be eligible for this bonus?
AFAIK this is just for purchasing AS flights.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 10:01 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Earn 6 miles (consisting of 5 bonus miles and 1 base mile) for every $1 spent on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases. Eligible Alaska Airlines Purchases include Alaska Airlines tickets, inflight food and beverage purchases, lounge memberships, in-lounge food and beverage purchases, cargo purchases, and vacation packages billed by Alaska Airlines as the merchant of record and booked directly through Alaska Airlines.
Yeah, monthly insurance wouldn't fall under this
Old Nov 26, 2020, 11:04 pm

Not sure if the Black Friday deals have started or not, but I just booked four tickets PDX-KOA for mid April for $428/each non-stop in Main. Been looking for a few months and even just a few days ago it was running $710.

Happy shopping all.

Last edited by ChinaShark; Nov 26, 2020 at 11:12 pm
Old Nov 26, 2020, 11:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Looks like it. Been eyeing SAN - MCO and got X for 99$
Old Nov 27, 2020, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
You guys got lucky I think... not finding anything out of JFK except mildly-cheaper-than-usual (but not by much) fares on Wednesdays.

My fingers are crossed for 50% off but I'm hoping it's not like the last BOGO where you actually had to get two seats. Though that wouldn't entirely surprise me.

-J.
anteater likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Well this blows. Usual sale fares out of here .... this I'm going back to bed.

-J.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.