Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Black Friday Deals (2020) + 6x Visa Spend Bonus

Black Friday Deals (2020) + 6x Visa Spend Bonus

Old Nov 27, 2020, 6:46 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I don't see anything that really entices me to book today. This is more about the 6x miles using their credit card than it is about saving on travel.
Boraxo and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 7:50 am

Not too bad but meh and long one month blackout.

Fare rules: Purchase by 11:59 pm (PT) on November 30, 2020, and at least 21 days prior to departure. Travel is valid Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays from January 5, 2021 - May 19, 2021. Blackout dates are from March 18, 2021 to April 18, 2021. Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or all days. If nonstop service is offered during the advertised travel period, the advertised fare applies to the nonstop flights only. Bag fees may apply for checked baggage. See bottom of page for full terms and conditions.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 8:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Well this blows. Usual sale fares out of here .... this I'm going back to bed.

-J.
Yuppers, nothing to see here - at least ex-FAI/ANC
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 9:41 am

This seems like a joke (a bigger one than the usual "fare sales"). Am I missing something?
Old Nov 27, 2020, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
This seems like a joke (a bigger one than the usual "fare sales"). Am I missing something?
I see $289 F fare on the SFO-EWR flights I was tracking in March. Too bad about the pandemic. I won’t be taking advantage.
olouie and NoLaGent like this.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 10:09 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
I see $289 F fare on the SFO-EWR flights I was tracking in March. Too bad about the pandemic. I won’t be taking advantage.
I saw that one too, it's rather exceptional. $576.20 roundtrip on an I fare would result in 8,978 miles before any elite bonus...
Old Nov 27, 2020, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
I saw that one too, it's rather exceptional. $576.20 roundtrip on an I fare would result in 8,978 miles before any elite bonus...
LAX gets even more love, $269 for the o/w I fare.

Old Nov 27, 2020, 10:18 am

Good find. It looks like California is where the deals are.

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
LAX gets even more love, $269 for the o/w I fare.
Can find LAX-EWR in F for $259 each way in Feb/Mar.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 10:30 am

^ Even better!

Although I guess these aren't technically a "Black Friday Deal", since the T/C's are specific that those are Saver & Main fare specials, but who knows.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 10:34 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Explorist
Those of us in the Northwest have been a little spoiled with Russell Wilson's 4 touchdown days (40% off) along with the occasional BOGOs.
I'm glad to see they're throwing California a bone here.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PDXpress
Those of us in the Northwest have been a little spoiled with Russell Wilson's 4 touchdown days (40% off) along with the occasional BOGOs.
I'm glad to see they're throwing California a bone here.
Yeah...the next Seahawks home game is right around the corner so the REAL sale should be here soon as long as Russell doesn't let us down
Ford Fairlane likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Yeah...the next Seahawks home game is right around the corner so the REAL sale should be here soon as long as Russell doesn't let us down
That's what I'm waiting for I guess. Black Friday was a disappointment on the airline front. JetBlue and Delta non-sale fares were the same or cheaper than AS, at least out of JFK.

Also wonder why EWR gets all the love these days. I guess they think they can fill seats out of here regardless.

-J.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 7:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
IAH - SEA - IAH rates dropped $60 each way starting February. Used to be $200-220 in the main cabin depending on a week day.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Kenya Airways Gold
Found some DAL-LAX deals for $70 each way, which works out to ~$.055/EQM which is exceptional. Granted that's the lowest normal price and I've seen it during non-sales, but still nice to see it return (and I def took advantage and booked a few).
Old Nov 29, 2020, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Does anyone know if 6x bonus for AS tickets apply all weekend (Friday to Monday inclusive) or just on Black Friday and Cyber Monday? It was not clear from the fine print on the website. I guess I will have to wait until Monday just to be safe.

Also PointsGuy claims that AS will provide a credit for any fare reductions that occur through December 31 (as part of the new "no change fee" program for re-bookings) so I guess there is little risk in purchasing and locking in now, at least for the next month.

Not seeing them, particularly for the critical spring break period that by definition is blacked out of the sale. Ditto for summer.

Originally Posted by gdam22
6xmiles is nice. Hoping that these are actual deals that you can get for next year April-June. So far have only see "discounts" in January-March(ie pre when most people can get a vaccine).
Agreed. Nothing yet for the dates or destinations I need. Of course my multitude of BofA certs expire at end of December, so I'm not expecting many fare sales before Jan 1. I expect there are millions of the certs that will expire worthless as people are still hesitant to book anything in absence of the vaccine timing and other COVID factors.

Originally Posted by ItsAnAdam
Got an email this morning... Black Friday and cyber Monday deals are back this year and they’re giving Alaska visa cardholders a 6x spend bonus this weekend for all those purchases
Personally I’m excited about the deals but it will be interesting to see what travel dates are allowed for the discounts.
Let's be precise. The 6x bonus only apples to purchases of AS tickets. Otherwise you receive the mediocre 1 mile per $ for spend at any other merchant.

Last edited by Boraxo; Nov 29, 2020 at 4:28 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.