Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for AS flights to post to AA?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2020, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

How long for AS flights to post to AA?

About how long is AS activity taking to post to AA mileage balances? I've taken three AS flights in the past several days (all sep reservations), all regular revenue flights, and had my AA Advantage number listed on all 3, but haven't seen any of the activity post to AA yet.

I'm sure I've seen a thread on this before, but can't find it now - if a mod wishes to move/combine, go right ahead.

Thanks.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 10:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Check the last post in this thread on the AA forum:
Earn AA Award Miles, EQM, EQD, EQS Flying Alaska / AS Again (as of 1 Apr 2020)
Presguy likes this.

Last edited by tom911; Sep 28, 2020 at 10:46 pm
Old Sep 29, 2020, 11:21 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
All partner flights seem to post weekly on Tuesdays for me.
Presguy and safari ari like this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 5:59 pm

Mainline flights for me have always posted the next day. Every Horizon flight I’ve had to file a missing mileage claim for and it generally takes around 6-8 weeks. Not sure what the issue is.
Presguy likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by DCAstudent
Mainline flights for me have always posted the next day. Every Horizon flight I’ve had to file a missing mileage claim for and it generally takes around 6-8 weeks. Not sure what the issue is.
Another example of a poorly executed "partnership" haha
Old Oct 11, 2020, 11:19 am
Original Poster

I'm not sure if this even reaches to the level of "data point", but I figured I'd share in case some future reader finds it useful. The miles/segments finally posted, with the following timeline:

Sept 19th - Travelled on AS.

Sept 28th - Manually requested mileage credit from AA using web form.

Oct 1st - Received email from AA, declining mileage credit on the basis of "Ineligible Booking Code". Replied with a copy of my itin and a link to their site showing partner earnings by fare type.

Oct 11th (poss 10th) - Miles+segments posted. Didn't receive a reply to the previous email, though.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 12:25 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by DCAstudent
Originally Posted by fly747first
Another example of a poorly executed "partnership" haha
Originally Posted by Presguy
I'm not sure if this even reaches to the level of "data point", but I figured I'd share in case some future reader finds it useful. The miles/segments finally posted, with the following timeline:

Sept 19th - Travelled on AS.

Sept 28th - Manually requested mileage credit from AA using web form.

Oct 1st - Received email from AA, declining mileage credit on the basis of "Ineligible Booking Code". Replied with a copy of my itin and a link to their site showing partner earnings by fare type.

Oct 11th (poss 10th) - Miles+segments posted. Didn't receive a reply to the previous email, though.
The issue is clearly with AA. Poor execution on their part is an understatement.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
The issue is clearly with AA. Poor execution on their part is an understatement.
Highly suspect you're right. I waffled on which forum to use initially, but settled on AS since I figured it was a question (and answer) which might be of more value to those travelling on AS metal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.