Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

September/October Schedule Changes Loading 8/15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

September/October Schedule Changes Loading 8/15

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2020, 3:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
SAN-LIH (Kauai) has been canceled.
Not surprised with no end in sight for lifting quarantine requirements. Ige announced today that a new "stay-at-home" order in Oahu will go into effect starting Thursday for two weeks. While it doesn't yet affect Kauai, the quarantine is still required if arriving from out-of-State.

James
Old Aug 26, 2020, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
PDX-AUS ends next month....<snip>
Where was this announced?

Regards
Old Aug 26, 2020, 9:28 am

Programs: AS 100K
PDX-AUS ends next month....I would have thought one of the 3 non-stops from CA would have been cancelled before PDX. Are you flying SFO-AUS?
yes- SFO-AUS
Old Aug 26, 2020, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by scubadu
Where was this announced?

Regards
It got cut during the last Saturday schedule change, about 1.5 weeks ago.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 4:29 pm

Bummer, that's disappointing, but perhaps not surprising. We have family in Oregon so greatly valued this route.

Regards
Old Aug 26, 2020, 4:34 pm

Bummer, that's disappointing, but perhaps not surprising. We have family in Oregon so greatly valued this route.

Regards
Follow-up, did they just reduce frequency or drop the route all together? I just did some random checking on AS website and I'm still seeing AUS-PDX (non-stop) in October, November, and December, but it's only showing one flight per day in each direction.

Regards
Old Aug 26, 2020, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Follow-up, did they just reduce frequency or drop the route all together? I just did some random checking on AS website and I'm still seeing AUS-PDX (non-stop) in October, November, and December, but it's only showing one flight per day in each direction.

Regards
When it runs, it's always just one flight per day.....I checked through Oct. 6th and didn't see it...what dates in Oct. were you looking at? The December and late November schedules haven't been set yet so consider everything you see there to be a place-holder for now. I was booked on PDX-AUS next month and when it got cancelled I got switched to PDX-SFO-AUS....it looks like the E175 from PDX-SFO continues on to AUS so it doesn't really add much more time to the trip and gets me more RDMs/EQMs so to be honest, I prefer it to the non-stop although the non-stop allowed me to sleep in a little later
Old Aug 26, 2020, 6:40 pm

When it runs, it's always just one flight per day.....I checked through Oct. 6th and didn't see it...what dates in Oct. were you looking at? The December and late November schedules haven't been set yet so consider everything you see there to be a place-holder for now. I was booked on PDX-AUS next month and when it got cancelled I got switched to PDX-SFO-AUS....it looks like the E175 from PDX-SFO continues on to AUS so it doesn't really add much more time to the trip and gets me more RDMs/EQMs so to be honest, I prefer it to the non-stop although the non-stop allowed me to sleep in a little later
Are both flight segments the same flight number? If so, it is a direct flight and EQM earnings will be based on the PDX-AUS distance, not the sum of the two segments.

James
Old Aug 26, 2020, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Are both flight segments the same flight number? If so, it is a direct flight and EQM earnings will be based on the PDX-AUS distance, not the sum of the two segments.

James
Nope, both flights are operated by Horizon but different flight #s so you get separate credit for both segments. I honestly don't know why AS doesn't give these flights a single flight number because then they would show up as a "direct" flight (not a connection) which in my mind would enable to them to sell better than a competitor flight with a connection, but I guess that's a subject for another thread. I don't know of any flights operated by AS or QX that operate as a one or two stop direct flight from PDX.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 9:07 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*

Regards
fyi, I see it starting up again on Sept. 28th, but it could certainly be cut again...

but to keep this thread on topic, it will feature the F&C platter!
Old Aug 26, 2020, 9:23 pm

Nope, both flights are operated by Horizon but different flight #s so you get separate credit for both segments. I honestly don't know why AS doesn't give these flights a single flight number because then they would show up as a "direct" flight (not a connection) which in my mind would enable to them to sell better than a competitor flight with a connection, but I guess that's a subject for another thread. I don't know of any flights operated by AS or QX that operate as a one or two stop direct flight from PDX.
It is a double edge sword! Many book a direct not realizing it isn't non-stop.

The only direct flight I have been on was SEA-SFO-PSP, AS372 iirc. How are you confirming it is the same aircraft on both segments?

Either way, you can't scoff at the extra 339 base miles and two flights on a very nice aircraft.

James
Old Aug 26, 2020, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
fyi, I see it starting up again on Sept. 28th, but it could certainly be cut again...

but to keep this thread on topic, it will feature the F&C platter!
Where are you seeing it for Sept. 28th? I just checked the AS website and there are no PDX-AUS non-stops that day or the entire month for that matter.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
It is a double edge sword! Many book a direct not realizing it isn't non-stop.

The only direct flight I have been on was SEA-SFO-PSP, AS372 iirc. How are you confirming it is the same aircraft on both segments?

Either way, you can't scoff at the extra 339 base miles and two flights on a very nice aircraft.

James
I don't know 100% that it is the same aircraft but it has been showing up lately on Flightaware as the same plane.....not only do I get extra miles based on class of service bonus, but the 50% EQM bonus on top of that....this was one schedule change that actually turned out better than the original plan.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 10:04 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Where are you seeing it for Sept. 28th? I just checked the AS website and there are no PDX-AUS non-stops that day or the entire month for that matter.
According to Alaskaair.com's schedule, it starts again on 9/28. Someone with an EF subscription could likely verify if it's sold out, I have no idea, but they've published it.

Old Aug 26, 2020, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
According to Alaskaair.com's schedule, it starts again on 9/28. Someone with an EF subscription could likely verify if it's sold out, I have no idea, but they've published it.

That's strange....I am thinking it doesn't exist since it's not for sale and it's unlikely to be sold out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.