Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Limited time: Get to elite status 50% faster!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Limited time: Get to elite status 50% faster!

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2020, 12:36 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by jhawk737
I just got a schedule change for my flight from SEA to OKC on 5/23; it now stops in Wichita for 40 minutes. I’m assuming this doesn’t mean more miles (extra segment) because the aircraft and flight numbers remain the same? Anyone know for sure? Thank you 😊
Nope. You’ll earn one segment and miles for nonstop OKC-SEA.
Old May 13, 2020, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Not sure if this was mentioned in other threads yet, but since I don’t see it here, might as well mention it: the end date for the 50% bonus EQM promo now appears to be May 31, 2020.

https://www.alaskaair.com/promo/AS20...-prodID:MPEarn

For a limited time, earn 50% more elite-qualifying Mileage Plan™ miles on Alaska Airlines flights between March 7 and May 31, 2020.”
Old May 13, 2020, 7:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Not sure if this was mentioned in other threads yet, but since I don’t see it here, might as well mention it: the end date for the 50% bonus EQM promo now appears to be May 31, 2020.

https://www.alaskaair.com/promo/AS20...-prodID:MPEarn

For a limited time, earn 50% more elite-qualifying Mileage Plan™ miles on Alaska Airlines flights between March 7 and May 31, 2020.”
Yeah, they made the change about a month ago. They certainly didn't go out of their way to advertise it though.

Interestingly, WN is now advertising a 2x Rapid Rewards promo for flights taken through the end of August. I don't actually know if this is new, but I've seen them posting about it on social media recently and it's at the top of their webpage.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old May 13, 2020, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Yeah, they made the change about a month ago. They certainly didn't go out of their way to advertise it though.

Interestingly, WN is now advertising a 2x Rapid Rewards promo for flights taken through the end of August. I don't actually know if this is new, but I've seen them posting about it on social media recently and it's at the top of their webpage.
Hmm, not sure how I missed it. I recall the screwup with the earnings call where they announced the extension until 12/31.

Yes, the WN offer made me wonder what AS is doing. Then - ding - an email from Alaska with my monthly statement and “Miles on the Ground Sweepstakes”. I guess the marketers have to do something while they are being paid by us taxpayers... but that was a bit underwhelming.
Old May 18, 2020, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Well...it looks like WN was the first to start their version of DEQM....crossing my fingers for AS to join the party at least for summer travel. The other option they might take is to extend the 50% EQM promotion for a third time since it ends at the end of this month, but I'm still hoping for DEQM.
Old May 18, 2020, 4:08 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
What would motivate me to travel more this year would be the extension of the rollover EQMs from 2020 to 2021. Right now, any miles earned through 4/30/20 rolled into 2021 to help requalify for 2022 status.
Would love to see this rollover extended, so that any miles flown this summer/fall become 2021 earned EQMs.
Old May 18, 2020, 4:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Given I was on track for 75K for the first time, I too would love to see the miles rollover. I expect my travel through 2021 will still be less than originally planned for just 2020, so maybe if I had rollover for all of my 2020 miles I might just be encouraged to push for more travel in 2021 to get me 75K. That would be nice given the OWE alliance that is supposed to start next summer.

Also, I assume if I had already registered for the 50% bonus, we don't need to do it again? I can't find an email, but I thought I had signed up for this back when they announced in early March. But I can't find any sort of confirmation. Wondering if I should sign up again just in case.
Old May 19, 2020, 9:12 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Well...it looks like WN was the first to start their version of DEQM....crossing my fingers for AS to join the party at least for summer travel. The other option they might take is to extend the 50% EQM promotion for a third time since it ends at the end of this month, but I'm still hoping for DEQM.
The WN promo is not DEQM. Just double points.
Old May 19, 2020, 2:37 pm

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Marriott Plat
I was already to take advantage of this but my trips keep cancelling. I had a trip booked to HNL from SAN that I cancelled due to the Hawaii quarantine. Then was going to Austin but TX is requiring a 14 day quarantine for CA residents among others.

Heading to FLL on Friday doing the milk run via SEA and back so that alone will add about 11,000 miles or so to my 6600 I already have. I'll still make MVPG this year and have a decent head start into next year.
Old May 19, 2020, 4:10 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Just flew CHS(RDU)SEA- had a row of 3 to myself. Miles + promo elite miles posted before I walked off the plane, sweeet
Old May 19, 2020, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by buzglyd
I was already to take advantage of this but my trips keep cancelling. I had a trip booked to HNL from SAN that I cancelled due to the Hawaii quarantine. Then was going to Austin but TX is requiring a 14 day quarantine for CA residents among others.

Heading to FLL on Friday doing the milk run via SEA and back so that alone will add about 11,000 miles or so to my 6600 I already have. I'll still make MVPG this year and have a decent head start into next year.
Where does the FLL "milk run" flight stop? I'm only seeing the usual non-stop SEA-FLL with no tag on cities (although I'm honestly surprised AS hasn't added a stop in MCO and/or TPA).
Old May 19, 2020, 8:42 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by buzglyd

Will the 11,000 miles for the milk run count to start 2021? I thought only miles flown through end of April was going to provide head start for next year. Sounds like you will start in January 2021 with 6600 miles.
Old May 19, 2020, 9:15 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Xrayman
Will the 11,000 miles for the milk run count to start 2021? I thought only miles flown through end of April was going to provide head start for next year. Sounds like you will start in January 2021 with 6600 miles.
I get 11,301 (inclusive of the 50% bonus through 5/31), which counts towards 2021.

Old May 19, 2020, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
I get 11,301 (inclusive of the 50% bonus through 5/31), which counts towards 2021.

Any elite-qualifying miles earned between January 1, 2020 and April 30, 2020 will be rolled over to 2021 to give you a head start on earning your status for 2022.
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rship-benefits

Rollover for all of 2020 miles was said during the earnings call but then retracted.

There isn't a point in getting on a plane this week if you already have MVPG and are just concerned about having doing a mileage run for 2022 status.
Old May 20, 2020, 1:37 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Xrayman
You are correct. The 50% EQM bonus was orignally to expire April 30th but was later extended to May 31st quietly. Subsequently, the Elite Status extension was announced. As part of that, all EQM earned up to April 30th will rollover to January 1st, 2021 as a boost towards your 2022 status.

The only real benefit of the 50% EQM bonus from May 1st to May 31st is the additional EQM towards requalifying organically for the same or a higher Elite Tier in 2020 which would grant the usual benefits for achieving those Elite levels; GGUs, Lounge Passes and the 50K RDM bonus for 75K. Of course, the 50% EQM bonus is also RDM. Any accrued EQM from May 1st will not rollover.

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.