Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inflight Service Changes Due to COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2020, 10:22 am

I thought I saw something suggesting day of departures didn’t get fruit and cheese platters, is that accurate? I was upgraded today (and flying today) so wondering whether I should grab food in the terminal, or if they’ll have a fruit and cheese for me.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 10:24 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by ASA_1
I thought I saw something suggesting day of departures didn’t get fruit and cheese platters, is that accurate? I was upgraded today (and flying today) so wondering whether I should grab food in the terminal, or if they’ll have a fruit and cheese for me.
That hasn’t been the case in my recent experience. I had a mixture of flights that I had pre-ordered on and day of departure upgrades. I was offered a F&C platter on all of them and on the flights I did pre-order, there was no mention or acknowledgement of it.

That said, I’m not sure how many are currently being loaded, so if there are a large number of day of departure upgrades, that may make a difference?
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 12:44 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Was upgraded two hours before departure, and food was provided.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
That hasn’t been the case in my recent experience. I had a mixture of flights that I had pre-ordered on and day of departure upgrades. I was offered a F&C platter on all of them and on the flights I did pre-order, there was no mention or acknowledgement of it.

That said, I’m not sure how many are currently being loaded, so if there are a large number of day of departure upgrades, that may make a difference?
FA came through with fruit anc cheese for everyone so it appears my concerns was just a rumor. Also not sure why people are complaining about the cookies. The cookie I received today was the butter pecan one, and it was cooked to perfection (soft center, crisp border) served warm. It was delicious! Served just like they were Pre-covid.
pcoll and Bellerina like this.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Note that the F&C is called a plate, not a platter, on the order screen.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 1:59 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
FA came through with fruit anc cheese for everyone so it appears my concerns was just a rumor. Also not sure why people are complaining about the cookies. The cookie I received today was the butter pecan one, and it was cooked to perfection (soft center, crisp border) served warm. It was delicious! Served just like they were Pre-covid.
People? I think the entirety of that group was me.

Oh! Is that what kind I had? Mine was not structurally sound! The rawness forbade dimensional integrity such that any attempt to elevate it from a hoizontal plane (assuming it wasn't ascending or descending ) would have rendered it rubble!

As previously noted, the cookie in question, was not warmed. In wonderment, perhaps your cookie, was 'plane'ly cooked and not just heated while my cookie 'plane'ly wasn't.

James
pcoll likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
God save the cookies!
Old Sep 13, 2020, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Cookie report:
Flew multiple flights with cookies yesterday (even SJC-PDX which isn't long enough for the fruit plate, but they still served warm cookies) and I have to agree with the others....utter fail and utter disappointment. To be fair, on my first cookie flight I decided to give it a try and eat it--not good. It was the unexpectedly awful nutty cookie. When you can't quickly identify the cookie as chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, oatmeal raisin, etc., that's never ever a good sign. My wife who is more of a cookie person than me (imagine that) thought it smelled awful and chose not to partake....I have to agree, it did have a weird smell. With every passing cookie flight, I kept hoping the warm, gooey, chocolate chip cookie would make it's welcome return to those little brown cookie bags, but no luck...same nutty cookie each time.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 7:12 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Menu for SEA-DEN with the new wrap added.

chrisl137, pcoll and Bellerina like this.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 7:15 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by safari ari
Menu for SEA-DEN with the new wrap added.
That actually looks pretty good
PDXPremier likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
It's interesting that they are keeping the "no meal" option....I would have thought that was just a placeholder for the fact that there is currently only one choice.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 9:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
It's interesting that they are keeping the "no meal" option....I would have thought that was just a placeholder for the fact that there is currently only one choice.
As long as the "no meal" option isn't the default, the buritto looks pretty good.

James
Old Sep 13, 2020, 11:51 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Given that more people than usual would rather avoid unnecessary contact with strangers, it’s very useful information. Even without the pandemic, sometimes you just know that you’re not going to be hungry, or will need to sleep, or whatever.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 1:21 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Have we gotten coffee back on the plane yet? First flight back in a while so waiting to see what I walk into. I always have a big ... water bottle, but otherwise I assume for a trans con...pack lunch? Sounds like the only booze is beer currently. Correct?
Old Sep 14, 2020, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA, SPG
Here's SFO-AUS this Saturday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.