Wiki Posts
Search

BA J/F awards completely gone?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2019, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
BA J/F awards completely gone?

It seems like BA J/F awards are completely gone from AS website? I searched LHR-DEN for 06/11/2020 and I could see J/F availability on both BA site and Asia Miles/CX site, but not AS site.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 11:40 am

Mileage Plan receives a subset of the availability you see on BA and AA. The lack of availability for the specific date and city pair you seek hardly indicates "BA J/F awards completely gone..."
Old Dec 27, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
I see J in fall, and economy even in summer. You have to keep in mind that summer in Europe is high time so there is less likely to be space that is less likely to be available to AS.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flytoeat
Mileage Plan receives a subset of the availability you see on BA and AA. The lack of availability for the specific date and city pair you seek hardly indicates "BA J/F awards completely gone..."
I did see these seats(early June, LHR-SJC, LHR-DEN, LHR-SAN) wide-open 3 weeks ago. Now they are completely gone.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by safari ari
I see J in fall, and economy even in summer. You have to keep in mind that summer in Europe is high time so there is less likely to be space that is less likely to be available to AS.
Do you see anything other than LHR-BOS or LHR-IAD? I know there are a few seats on those routes open, but normally SJC, SAN, AUS, DEN has availability too. I saw those seats 3 weeks ago but now they are gone.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by eddiehuang97
Do you see anything other than LHR-BOS or LHR-IAD? I know there are a few seats on those routes open, but normally SJC, SAN, AUS, DEN has availability too. I saw those seats 3 weeks ago but now they are gone.
I experienced what you have seen - F on BA has nearly dried up as an award on the AS calendar. There was some good availability not long ago.I have only seen a few F close in when searching today.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by nawlins
I experienced what you have seen - F on BA has nearly dried up as an award on the AS calendar. There was some good availability not long ago.I have only seen a few F close in when searching today.
So odd! I've got an alert setup for F seats on the LHR-ATL flight (so I can fly the 787-10) but I could readily book J when I checked last week for early June. Today, all gone. Flights to BOS seem to be wide open, however, on all flights with daily availability in J... why?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
We recently booked J to Milan/Venice in Feb and Naples/Rome in October. Don't like traveling to Europe in summer, so can't say how J availability is. While searching, saw J on several routes to Europe with crazy high taxes $900+ o/w
Old Dec 29, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
I think the very few F seats AS gets are snapped up pretty quickly as much as 330 days out. Also, BA seems to release J seats before they release F seats so it may be that you can find F seats a bit closer to the date? Keep checking...daily if possible. BA seems to be cutting down on F on their aircraft so this might be part of the problem as well. And, of course, it really helps if you have any flexibility for dates....even a day or two one way or the other can get you a seat.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA, AS
I have not tracked J at all but I have done a few F searches over the last few months and F availability in general, even with Avios has been abysmal to SFO, LAX, and not so good for others either, but up until very recently I could count on the fact that if BA showed availability AS would have access to it. Today that is not true. AS does not have access to a any of the few F seats I checked which I found on BA. AA also seems to be cut out of the picture. If it were only AS I might begin to suspect a new era of (no) availability but since AA is hit by this too and AA is a joint venture partner with BA this may be a BA bug. Time will tell.
BearX220 and Bellerina like this.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skimthetrees
I have not tracked J at all but I have done a few F searches over the last few months and F availability in general, even with Avios has been abysmal to SFO, LAX, and not so good for others either, but up until very recently I could count on the fact that if BA showed availability AS would have access to it. Today that is not true. AS does not have access to a any of the few F seats I checked which I found on BA. AA also seems to be cut out of the picture. If it were only AS I might begin to suspect a new era of (no) availability but since AA is hit by this too and AA is a joint venture partner with BA this may be a BA bug. Time will tell.
Yeah let's hope it's a bug and it will get fixed after the holidays
davistev and Seat 2A like this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:26 pm

Programs: Various
Bug not fixed as of today. The MILEAGE PLAN and IT People at AS need a swift kick IMO. Nobody seems to care or communicate.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Robt760
Bug not fixed as of today. The MILEAGE PLAN and IT People at AS need a swift kick IMO. Nobody seems to care or communicate.
or maybe its not a bug and is an 'enhancement' that just hasn't been announced, and will never be...?!
I am looking for SJC and see that there is lots of Y space but no J space until the end of the schedule to be booked through AS and AA. I called AS last night and agent also couldn't see anything in his system. JL has access though, so we can say that its not even a oneworld vs. other partners block, but rather a very specific block of AS and AA. I guess BA has realized that there are many redemptions ex-US and to the US on its flights via AS and AA for less miles that it has decided to close this opportunity?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 11:32 am

Programs: Various
I’m saying it’s on Alaska’s side mostly. Same similar issues came up with Japan Airlines flight bookings with MP miles not long ago. It went on and on, with many people complaining to Customer Service, Mileage Plan, etc. but finally resolved shortly after asking an agent to put a trouble ticket in to question limited availability.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA, AS
This issue affects AA too which may mean it is by design rather than a bug. If it is a bug my bet would be that AA IT fixes it before the Crackerjack AS IT team.
lalala likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.