Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA J/F awards completely gone?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2020, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by jsguyrus
THEY ARE BACK! It appears availability has reverted back to historic levels.
yes, I see also, that’s great news!!
i wonder if this had something to do with the upcoming oneworld membership and BA/AA/AS working on their IT systems? As AS and AA seemed to be the only partners that were affected by this...
Old May 24, 2020, 11:30 am
DUT

Programs: MVPG
Do any of you have any insight into the carrier imposed surcharge? With historically low fuel, $1,300 on a round trip BA first seems absolutely crazy.

Its great to see award availability back, but kind of pointless to pay a $1655 plus 140K miles.

Not a complaint here, just wondering if the system is showing erroneous info or is this legit? If legit, I’m not booking...

DUT

Old May 24, 2020, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by DUT
Do any of you have any insight into the carrier imposed surcharge? With historically low fuel, $1,300 on a round trip BA first seems absolutely crazy.

Its great to see award availability back, but kind of pointless to pay a $1655 plus 140K miles.

Not a complaint here, just wondering if the system is showing erroneous info or is this legit? If legit, I’m not booking...

DUT

It doesn't have anything to do with fuel prices. BA doesn't want to not make money on award bookings so they impose high carrier surcharges. You might want to break this up into two one ways; sometimes BA surcharges are better ex-UK if you break it up as two one ways as opposed to a round trip ex-US. Also, if you leave from someplace other than London you can likely drop some of that APD.
Old May 24, 2020, 11:50 am
DUT

Programs: MVPG
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
It doesn't have anything to do with fuel prices. BA doesn't want to not make money on award bookings so they impose high carrier surcharges. You might want to break this up into two one ways; sometimes BA surcharges are better ex-UK if you break it up as two one ways as opposed to a round trip ex-US. Also, if you leave from someplace other than London you can likely drop some of that APD.
Ok, thank you for info and suggestion. I thought it was about fuel...Need to do some more poking around now :-))

DUT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.