Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

FAs call out GAs on upgrade shenanigans, defend 75Ks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAs call out GAs on upgrade shenanigans, defend 75Ks

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I didn't get much detail from the FAs, it was hurried and quiet, but they all seemed to think what they saw was highly irregular and seemed to know that those who did get upgraded were not with status or NRSAs. Knowing these stations are run by contractors that have been changing, it seems plausible. I am not sure there are any AS employees around those stations...
Old May 20, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I suspect that even if there were saomething like a "GA team leader" that person might not have supervisory responsibility or the authority to reverse the decision of some other GA.
Don't mainline stations have general managers charged with exactly this? At least, I've had other agents identified as "GMs" involved in clearing flights at smaller AS outposts like RDU (personally downgrading a row of first class this very morning!).

Last edited by dayone; May 21, 2019 at 7:37 am Reason: Fix quote.
Old May 21, 2019, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Manoa Chris
Don't mainline stations have general managers charged with exactly this? At least, I've had other agents identified as "GMs" involved in clearing flights at smaller AS outposts like RDU (personally downgrading a row of first class this very morning!).
Would love to get their contact info! Only channel I know of is Alaska Listens. I once got a direct email from the SEA station manager on my concern about a delayed flight! I have had more important inquiries where I heard nothing.

I did get my $75 code today with the generic customer service email. No reference to the specific issue. I will just let it work its course internally and keep a hawk eye on DAL and DFW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.