Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Lounge Member Access to AA Admirals Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Lounge Member Access to AA Admirals Club

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2021, 7:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Boraxo
(I assume SFO is still a no go exclusion)
SFO is not excluded, but it's in T1.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Do I need a physical card or can I just show the AS Boardroom membership in my phone app? Planning to use the AC at BOS (I assume SFO is still a no go exclusion)
Wow...thats a blast from the past...how long ago were the Alaska Lounges called the "Boardroom"??
Old Jun 6, 2021, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Visconti
From my experience, the most efficient process seems to be 1) show them or let them scan your boarding pass, and then 2) show them the AS Boardroom digital pass--seems to be their preferred method. Also, while only a few times, I've had no trouble accessing the SF AC with my AS lounge membership.
Same method that I typically end up following.

Although the only purpose that the digital pass seems to serve in this case is that it displays my AS FFN in large text so I can show it to the AC agent who then manually types it in to the computer. I have not visited an AC where they have even attempted to scan it.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 2:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
I'm increasingly miffed that the HNL Admirals Club has yet to reopen, despite tourism roaring back. After a year of paying for a membership I barely got to use (even with the extension), it's salt in the wound for AA to keep dawdling on reopening my home airport lounge.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Wow...thats a blast from the past...how long ago were the Alaska Lounges called the "Boardroom"??
Yes my kids make fun of me for using the last century as a baseline. I still refer to UC's as Red Carpet Clubs too, and I absolutely refuse to use made up words like Bonvoy, Explorist, etc.
PDXPremier and Klrduks like this.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 4:51 pm

Yes my kids make fun of me for using the last century as a baseline. I still refer to UC's as Red Carpet Clubs too, and I absolutely refuse to use made up words like Bonvoy, Explorist, etc.
LOL...to this day, I still cringe when they thank me for being a Globalist.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 4:57 pm

Programs: Avios, Mileage Plus, Elevate, Skywards
I'm a new paying member of Admirals Club. I will be flying into CLT early in the morning and have two hours to kill before the rental car desk opens. Is it possible to enter the lounge as an arriving passenger?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 7:51 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by speedbrds
I'm a new paying member of Admirals Club. I will be flying into CLT early in the morning and have two hours to kill before the rental car desk opens. Is it possible to enter the lounge as an arriving passenger?
Yes
Old Sep 8, 2021, 9:14 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Rebrand happened around Nov 2016 or so.. Can still spot some references to Boardroom on occasion (I think the LAX elevator still says it on the digital display, but they may have also recently updated that as well).
Old Sep 9, 2021, 4:22 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by WrightHI
I'm increasingly miffed that the HNL Admirals Club has yet to reopen, despite tourism roaring back. After a year of paying for a membership I barely got to use (even with the extension), it's salt in the wound for AA to keep dawdling on reopening my home airport lounge.
As recently as January 2020, Alaska and American had equivalent numbers of passengers in Honolulu...but it was a much more strategically important station for Alaska. You would think Alaska could just open up its own lounge there.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 6:51 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
As recently as January 2020, Alaska and American had equivalent numbers of passengers in Honolulu...but it was a much more strategically important station for Alaska. You would think Alaska could just open up its own lounge there.
Yes please, in the new mauka concourse, after they acquire Hawaiian. But in the meantime, the AA/JAL lounge is open again, albeit as a shadow of its normal self. It's quite a nice lounge when it's fully up and running, with an outstanding staff, so it's a good solution in normal times, but Covid has been rough.
worldwidedreamer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.