Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Lounge Member Access to AA Admirals Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Lounge Member Access to AA Admirals Club

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2019, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold Elite, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Thread did take on a life of its own...

Rest assured, whatever interrogation and/or strip search you're subjected to, it will pale in comparison with indignity of attempting to access the AS club using a Priority Pass card.
Trust me... been there, done that!! Or attempted to, anyway. Which is pretty much why I took this route, to kill two birds (Admirals Club and the PP brushoff) with one membership. Thanks for the laugh!!
Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by Freckles68
Trust me... been there, done that!! Or attempted to, anyway. Which is pretty much why I took this route, to kill two birds (Admirals Club and the PP brushoff) with one membership. Thanks for the laugh!!
Between witnessing, just today at LAX: 4 people turned away from the Korean lounge because they arrived 20 min before PP is accepted (I was #5 ), 10 people (at least) standing line at PF Changs waiting to check in with PP credentials (presumably--I skipped it), and 2 people turned away from the AS club due to space constraints...I too am glad to have an AC membership!
Freckles68 and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by Freckles68

It was the departure from LHR that I really had the issue with. And even upon leaving JFK, the Admirals Club employee wasn't aware that AS members had access. He had to look it up...
I am expecting to have a long layover in LHR and this topic has been relevant.

Freckles,
Any update or authoritative response from Alaska Airlines or American Airlines regarding access to the LHR AdmiralsClub?

Anyone,
Do you have recent experience accessing the American Airlines Admiral Club using an Alaska Airlines Lounge Card while traveling through London Heathrow on and American Airlines ticket? Success or not?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Been about a year, but we had no issues getting into the admirals club with Alaska membership and flying AA, but I find that using any partner lounge can be hit or miss in terms of ease of entry.
PaperGlider likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
Anyone,
Do you have recent experience accessing the American Airlines Admiral Club using an Alaska Airlines Lounge Card while traveling through London Heathrow on and American Airlines ticket? Success or not?
This should not be an issue at all. The discussion upthread was related to the arrivals lounge in LHR, which IS NOT an Admirals Club. The only stick you might get is from the ground staff not knowing this offhand, but you have the absolute right to access the AC in LHR.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...tion-and-hours

"Flight must be marketed by Alaska Airlines or American Airlines and must be operated by Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, or a regional affiliate."

FYI, if you maintain MVPG+ and are traveling on BA with one intl segment you are entitled to the Galleries lounge.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rtner-benefits
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by safari ari
This should not be an issue at all. The discussion upthread was related to the arrivals lounge in LHR, which IS NOT an Admirals Club. The only stick you might get is from the ground staff not knowing this offhand, but you have the absolute right to access the AC in LHR.
Safari,
I agree with you that this should be a non-issue. And If you re-read the discussion upthread including post 1, you may see the discussion WAS also about the Admirals Club in LHR.

Last edited by PaperGlider; Apr 22, 2019 at 6:48 am Reason: font formatting
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by safari ari

FYI, if you maintain MVPG+ and are traveling on BA with one intl segment you are entitled to the Galleries lounge.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rtner-benefits
Thanks you, this is a helpful info.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 7K, MARRIOTT PLAT PREMIER WITH AMBASSADOR
I am a little bit confused I have been told by several people that the AS boardroom membership no longer gets free access to AA - I have actually paid for access at San Francisco several times in the last year because of this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by StephanP37
I am a little bit confused I have been told by several people that the AS boardroom membership no longer gets free access to AA - I have actually paid for access at San Francisco several times in the last year because of this.
The SFO Admirals Club is specifically excluded as a club you can enter with an AS Lounge membership. This happened a couple of years ago and the only relief will be when the new SFO AS lounge is completed.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: AS 1MM/MVPG, AS Lounge, DL SkyClub (Life), Hertz 5* -- AA, DL, UA
AC at SFO/T2 is "different." As of Jan 2018 they no longer allow AS Lounge members access. AFAIK, it's the only AC with this restriction.
In other threads, we see mention of Alaska opening its own lounge at SFO, in 2020(?).
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
With respect to SFO, that is accurate. Rest of Admirals Club network continues to welcome AS lounge members.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:28 pm

Question about Alaska Board Room members access at DFW AA Admirals Club: My flight is operated by AA, but is listed as a LATAM flight number. There is an * in the Alaska Air description about access to AA lounges, and the small print says the flight needs to be operated by AA or AS, and marketed by AA or AS. Does this mean I will be denied access because the flight number is LATAM, but operated by AA?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by charlesinseattle
Question about Alaska Board Room members access at DFW AA Admirals Club: My flight is operated by AA, but is listed as a LATAM flight number. There is an * in the Alaska Air description about access to AA lounges, and the small print says the flight needs to be operated by AA or AS, and marketed by AA or AS. Does this mean I will be denied access because the flight number is LATAM, but operated by AA?
I haven't had this situation happen, but there have been other stipulations in the small print that I have never been questioned on, which is to say that AC staff members rarely see AL members so they don't know every T&C. You'll have to scan your BP, but if it is a AA ticket, I do not see them questioning it, especially if it is before the November changes.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by steve64
I've never have had any issues getting into an Admirals Club using my Alaska Lounge membership ... with an AA or AS boarding pass. However; my data points are all domestic lounges.
Do I need a physical card or can I just show the AS Boardroom membership in my phone app? Planning to use the AC at BOS (I assume SFO is still a no go exclusion)
Old Jun 6, 2021, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Do I need a physical card or can I just show the AS Boardroom membership in my phone app? Planning to use the AC at BOS (I assume SFO is still a no go exclusion)
From my experience, the most efficient process seems to be 1) show them or let them scan your boarding pass, and then 2) show them the AS Boardroom digital pass--seems to be their preferred method. Also, while only a few times, I've had no trouble accessing the SF AC with my AS lounge membership.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.