Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: missamo80
Current travel advisories

Travel to/from: SEA or PDX
Tickets purchased on/before: February 12, 2019
Original travel dates: February 8 - 12, 2019
New travel dates: February 11, 2019 - February 18, 2019

(Wiki last updated 2019-02-11 9:00pm PST)
Print Wikipost

SeaTac in the snow - 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Joining the party over here in the AS forum, Delta issued a travel waiver today at around 3pm:

https://www.delta.com/us/en/advisori...winter-weather

It covers Friday and Saturday only, for now, although if the second event materializes I assume it will be extended.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
AS now:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/advisories/travel-advisories?lid=Homepage&int=AS_HomePage_Advisory

Only covers Saturday 2/9 as of now.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:45 pm

*update* Calling the reservations hotline is better if the online system is throwing you any wonky results, we got to change our flight to fly out tomorrow afternoon and keep everything else. The wait is not bad, about 5-10 minutes for a representative. I recommend searching on their site first for your preferred flights so you can simply feed them the info.

Just received the weather waiver, the website isn't letting me keep the returning flight so I'll have to call them. I'm glad they didn't wait until tomorrow morning.

Last edited by donuttime; Feb 7, 2019 at 6:02 pm
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:14 am

If this helps anyone, get to SeaTac early today, Friday. Precheck line was snaking around all the way to the Alaska end of the terminal and fully wound around the usual line area. General line worse.

Hordes of frantic people trying to sign up for clear.

Ended up using the fairly empty empty premium line which had to have been shorter than precheck. Precheck was at least 30 minutes if not more..
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by safari ari
Waiver is now Fri 2/8 as well. Restrictions (pets/minors) begin at 5pm tonight through midnight Sunday morning.

Alaska Air blog post. Some flights are already being precancelled.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:22 pm
vgc

I had a MR today that I cancelled as soon as I heard about the waiver being extended to 2/8. I couldn't cancel it online even though it said I was eligible for a waiver. I called, they cancelled, but I haven't gotten a refund yet, nor did I get a cancellation email. I definitely cancelled the flight. When I called this morning, they said they'll refund the amount on my credit card within 7 business days. I hope they're right. Not seeing anything on my credit card statement as of right now.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Originally Posted by vgc
I had a MR today that I cancelled as soon as I heard about the waiver being extended to 2/8. I couldn't cancel it online even though it said I was eligible for a waiver. I called, they cancelled, but I haven't gotten a refund yet, nor did I get a cancellation email. I definitely cancelled the flight. When I called this morning, they said they'll refund the amount on my credit card within 7 business days. I hope they're right. Not seeing anything on my credit card statement as of right now.
Funds being returned to a credit card usually take a day or two to be applied to your CC.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
See the late ANC-SEA is cancelled as is tomorrow's noon ANC-SEA due to wx.

Due to fly via PDX and SJC tomorrow
Old Feb 8, 2019, 7:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
SEATAC, Wash. - The snowstorm is just getting started Friday afternoon and, already, it is causing problems at Sea-Tac Airport, where 213 flights were canceled and 258 flights delayed as of 5:45 p.m.
https://komonews.com/news/local/snow...a-tac-portland

Nice video of snow coming down at SEA in a video clip with the article. Would not want to be a ramp worker today.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:15 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by beckoa
See the late ANC-SEA is cancelled as is tomorrow's noon ANC-SEA due to wx.

Due to fly via PDX and SJC tomorrow
I am due to fly through SEA tomorrow afternoon. There was nothing that could get me to a decent alternate connection point today other than via SEA so I just stuck with my tomorrow afternoon flights with fingers crossed. Anyone want to lay odds on whether I make it through or not?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
You'll make it out!
rustykettel likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Finkface
I am due to fly through SEA tomorrow afternoon. There was nothing that could get me to a decent alternate connection point today other than via SEA so I just stuck with my tomorrow afternoon flights with fingers crossed. Anyone want to lay odds on whether I make it through or not?
Where is your final? I'm enroute to LIH 🌴
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by beckoa
Where is your final? I'm enroute to LIH 🌴
HNL. 🌴🌺 I’ll fly over for a day and meet you for lunch.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by missamo80
You'll make it out!
Aw, thanks. Your faith is inspiring.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:09 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
SEA looks like a mess right now. Lots of go-arounds and flights are starting to divert. PDX is picking up several diversions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.