Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: AS
Good to see Eastbay 1K "bent fork" pics again..They make me smile. Thanks for that.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
I'm flying BWI-PDX on AS385 next week and noticed it is still a choice between Peruvian chicken and mezzaluna shiitake edamame (aka mushroom pasta). Has anyone tried it? I liked the chicken but am tempted to try something new. Might not be very filling so I guess I could have a nosh at The Club BWI if time permits so I'm not feeling starved pre-flight.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by pcoll
Good to see Eastbay 1K "bent fork" pics again..They make me smile. Thanks for that.
and the H.V. art is astounding!
Eastbay1K likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
and the H.V. art is astounding!
“talking green beans”. Who would have guessed?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by pcoll

“talking green beans”. Who would have guessed?
Me
pcoll likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:38 pm

AS 333 SAN-PDX July 2019

July 2019
Alaska Airlines flight 333
San Diego to Portland, OR

Breakfast
Choice of frittata with grapes or Vanilla yogurt with granola, blueberry compote, and fruit salad (chopped mango & strawberries)

I had yogurt this morning because I had a breakfast burrito at the food court (after BA put me in a "motel" Ramada SAN with no restaurant despite promising $35 dinner credits, due to the delayed of BA 273 the evening before).

Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:46 pm

AS 400 SEA-LAX July 2019

July 2019
Alaska Airlines First Class
AS 400 Seattle to Los Angeles

3:40pm Departure
Lunch

Choice of Quinoa salad with chicken and bread roll or Warmed turkey, cheddar & bacon on Ciabatta Roll with Luke’s Sea Salt Organic Potato Chips, and Seattle’s Chocolate – San Juan Sea Salt Milk Chocolate

Passing Mount Hood

Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: AS 100K
I was offered this on yesterdays LAX-SEA AS351 7:55pm departure. I was in 4D, so by the time FA got to me, she just asked if I'd like the sandwich. First time having it and it thought it was pretty good. I love pesto, so yeah. I was also a fan of the chips. The have this baked texture and were not greasy at all.

Originally Posted by Carfield
July 2019
AS 465 Los Angeles to Seattle

Beverage with warmed mixed nuts

Lunch
Warmed Chicken Mozzarella Sandwich

Or
Protein Plate
Old Jul 16, 2019, 10:41 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by Carfield
July 2019
AS 400 Seattle to Los Angeles

3:40pm Departure
Lunch

Choice of Quinoa salad with chicken and bread roll or Warmed turkey, cheddar & bacon on Ciabatta Roll with Luke’s Sea Salt Organic Potato Chips, and Seattle’s Chocolate – San Juan Sea Salt Milk Chocolate
Just curious if the sandwich had any condiments on it? I’m not a fan of mustard, but don’t mind mayo, so interested to hear if it had either one?

Last edited by dayone; Jul 17, 2019 at 5:15 pm Reason: Removed quoted image for readability.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:43 am

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Am I the only person underwhelmed by the "sando and chip" options that AS has been doing lately?
I should say that I have found the sandwiches quite tasty, mind you.
But when I'm offered that same thing for both a lunch flight and the dinner flight immediately after the lunch flight, it's a bit..... pedestrian.
Especially for dinner. I mean, put a salad with it or something, for the SEA-ANC run.
Or is it just me?
jjmadison and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
7/14
SEA - DAL
Departure: 7:10(ish?)

No pics, but the breakfast was cold yogurt or a yogurt-based egg frittata with chicken sausage, bacon, and a muffin "top" that was spectacular.

7/15
DAL - PDX

No choices, only a yogurt plate. Not bad, not great. The frittata was much better.

Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Legend717
Am I the only person underwhelmed by the "sando and chip" options that AS has been doing lately?
But when I'm offered that same thing for both a lunch flight and the dinner flight immediately after the lunch flight, it's a bit..... pedestrian.
Especially for dinner. I mean, put a salad with it or something, for the SEA-ANC run.
Or is it just me?
no, it is not just you.
we find it is really getting tedious having the same thing every flight. We do not fly early morning so, do not get breakfast options. Always lunch and dinner flights and ,as you write above, it is uninspiring. Adding something fresh would go a long way. I guess I will bring an apple or orange from lounge before flight.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Legend717
Or is it just me?
I had this happen on a connection recently also... same chicken/cheese sandwich and chips on both flights (one lunch, one dinner), only a few hours apart. I suppose it's tough to avoid this possibility entirely with domestic meal services, but I agree that AS could really be a bit more imaginative here.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by metallo
I had this happen on a connection recently also... same chicken/cheese sandwich and chips on both flights (one lunch, one dinner), only a few hours apart. I suppose it's tough to avoid this possibility entirely with domestic meal services, but I agree that AS could really be a bit more imaginative here.
How about protein plate on the first and sandwich on second? I think that's what I'm enjoying today...
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DrAlex
How about protein plate on the first and sandwich on second? I think that's what I'm enjoying today...
If I'm in the right mood and/or it's the right time of day, the protein plate might be OK. Most of the time, it just doesn't sound that appealing to me, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.