Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
About the same service on my recent LAX-SFO and SFO-LAX flights. Shame they couldn't cater/offer something more for a much longer flight. Even felt some ice cream or a cookie could've been served on the SFO/LAX flights.
It’s funny, when they used to serve a warm cookie on late evening flights, a lot of people would say “I can’t believe all they offered was a cookie. How about at least a snack basket?” Now that there is a snack basket, I suppose it’s inevitable some will miss the warm cookies.
rustykettel likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Steak sighting:

My upgrades BWI-SEA-DEN popped four days out so I was able to pre-select dinner on AS765 BWI-SEA:

I chose the steak - description indicates mushroom sauce, fingerling potatoes and beet micro-greens. I hope it looks good like post 241 OGG-ANC. I'll post photos post-flight.

SEA-DEN is at 9:20 p.m. so snack basket only, but at least it's an Airbus so I can sleep before a 12:59 a.m. arrival.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 1:39 pm

Were they spicy?

Originally Posted by Ziron
Date: Weds, March 20th
Route: DTW-SEA
Flight Number: AS 793

Asparagus Risotto - Creamy risotto with crisp asparagus, lava beans, roasted wild mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and fresh pea shoots garnished with cherry tomatoes and shaved parmesan cheese.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold75, United Mileageplus
Westbound breakfast offerings

I’m flying BOS-SEA in a couple of weeks. I’m in 3A on the 738 so I want to pre-order. Choices are shown as a breakfast bowl w/ veggies, sausage, eggs, and hash browns or a spinach omelet with bacon. Has anyone had experience with this menu yet?

Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:21 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Here's a breakfast bowl:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30855592-post242.html

And an omelet:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30840868-post223.html

Our members love to post food pics, so search is your friend.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by williwaw
Date: 3/23/19
Route: HNL-PDX
Flight Number: AS 834
Departure time: 12:15 PM delayed to 1:07
Menu: Yes
Meal Description: (I preordered so not much chitchat)
PDB: No - just water. The late plane and turn around made service a little abbreviated

Choice between seared cod with brown rice, carrots, and gai lan (Chinese broccoli) or penne pasta with arugula salad. Pre-ordered the cod, thinking it was the curry flavored cod from last month. Instead it was fish and rice with a nice ginger soy sauce. Pretty good all around dish. The desert was macadamia nut ice cream from a Hawaiian company.
I was on your flight...one week earlier! Stuck in the back though. I was wondering, did you get upgraded to first or buy? I am just curious how "easy" upgrades are for elites for HNL to PNW. Apologies if my inquiry is not appropriate here.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by HIFlya
I was on your flight...one week earlier! Stuck in the back though. I was wondering, did you get upgraded to first or buy? I am just curious how "easy" upgrades are for elites for HNL to PNW. Apologies if my inquiry is not appropriate here.
For this trip I used a GGU coming home to upgrade. I’ve had real hot and cold experiences with upgrades out of Hawaii. I think generally it’s elite light with more leisure travelers. I travel three or four times a year. In January my wife and I were upgraded at the gate. But no luck home. In November I flew out of Maui upgraded and an empty seat next to me! The. Other times it looks like a lot of purchased F or at least instant upgrades since it’s full well before the 120 hour mark. Long story short: hard to predict! We can take the chat to another new thread if you want!
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Preorder is finally up for my upcoming 4/13 AS 771 flight (DCA - PDX). Why did they have to put mushrooms on both choices? 😩 I guess it’ll be a fruit and cheese platter for me

Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by osubeavers01
Preorder is finally up for my upcoming 4/13 AS 771 flight (DCA - PDX). Why did they have to put mushrooms on both choices? 😩 I guess it’ll be a fruit and cheese platter for me

It doesn't have to be.

FYI, the sauce is heated in the oven in a small aluminum tin separate from the steak, and you can ask to have it not included.
jjmadison likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
FYI, the sauce is heated in the oven in a small aluminum tin separate from the steak, and you can ask to have it not included.
Good tip; thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tom911
On AS868, the 2:50pm LIH-OAK on Tuesday, March 26, choice of cod or penne pasta accompanied by a salad and tomato soup.
So how was the pasta? I have the same choice next week on HNL-OAK.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Not very hot when it got to me, but enough flavor in there to order it again. Looked like the person who had the cod next to me actually had a bigger plate of food compared to the pasta.
Kacee likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:42 am

Date: April 2, 2019
Route: BWI-SEA
Flight Number: 765
Departure time: 5:05 p.m.
Menu: Yes
Meal description: Dinner

I'm happy to report that my "steak expectations" were not unfulfilled

We departed right on time; my pre-order was acknowledged by the very sweet flight attendant working the F cabin.

Warm nuts and drinks; I chose a Woodford Reserve. Seconds on the nuts were offered, which I gladly accepted. A new round of "city" napkins seems to be in circulation now; I also saw Nashville and Puerto Vallarta and a fourth city that escapes me at the moment.

Dinner arrived on a single tray and was exactly as described in the menu. The soup was "creamy roasted red pepper and smoked gouda." It had a very nice, smoky pepper flavor. The salad had three kinds of carrots, including purple. The greens were fresh, although the balsamic vinaigrette was a bit sharp for my taste. The roll was perfectly chewy and also tasted fresh. I switched to red wine, which was Battle Creek Cellars 2017 Unconditional Pinot Noir. I enjoyed it as well.

The steak was excellent; a bit less tender as sirloin isn't a filet, but the flavor was nice and the meat was still a bit rare. The mushroom sauce was a nice complement, as was the asparagus (very tender) and the fingerling potatoes.

Dessert was the Strawberry Rhubarb with Cinnamon Crumble from Salt & Straw. Delicious as well. The snack basket came around a couple of times a bit later.

This was one of the best meals I've had on Alaska - nice service as well.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: AS
Last week we had Seattle and Maui on our napkins.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:37 pm

AS 652 PDX - DFW on 4/5

started with a smoothie shot and then was given a choice of the cheese, onion, and tomato omlette or a spring breakfast bowl. No menus today. I’m having a meatless day, so the flight attendant obligingly left the sausage off my tray; might be a good breakfast option for a vegetarian. After breakfast they came around with a pass of the snack basket

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.