FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:42 am
Kurt

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Date: April 2, 2019
Route: BWI-SEA
Flight Number: 765
Departure time: 5:05 p.m.
Menu: Yes
Meal description: Dinner

I'm happy to report that my "steak expectations" were not unfulfilled

We departed right on time; my pre-order was acknowledged by the very sweet flight attendant working the F cabin.

Warm nuts and drinks; I chose a Woodford Reserve. Seconds on the nuts were offered, which I gladly accepted. A new round of "city" napkins seems to be in circulation now; I also saw Nashville and Puerto Vallarta and a fourth city that escapes me at the moment.

Dinner arrived on a single tray and was exactly as described in the menu. The soup was "creamy roasted red pepper and smoked gouda." It had a very nice, smoky pepper flavor. The salad had three kinds of carrots, including purple. The greens were fresh, although the balsamic vinaigrette was a bit sharp for my taste. The roll was perfectly chewy and also tasted fresh. I switched to red wine, which was Battle Creek Cellars 2017 Unconditional Pinot Noir. I enjoyed it as well.

The steak was excellent; a bit less tender as sirloin isn't a filet, but the flavor was nice and the meat was still a bit rare. The mushroom sauce was a nice complement, as was the asparagus (very tender) and the fingerling potatoes.

Dessert was the Strawberry Rhubarb with Cinnamon Crumble from Salt & Straw. Delicious as well. The snack basket came around a couple of times a bit later.

This was one of the best meals I've had on Alaska - nice service as well.