Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Date: 3/23/19
Route: HNL-PDX
Flight Number: AS 834
Departure time: 12:15 PM delayed to 1:07
Menu: Yes
Meal Description: (I preordered so not much chitchat)
PDB: No - just water. The late plane and turn around made service a little abbreviated

Choice between seared cod with brown rice, carrots, and gai lan (Chinese broccoli) or penne pasta with arugula salad. Pre-ordered the cod, thinking it was the curry flavored cod from last month. Instead it was fish and rice with a nice ginger soy sauce. Pretty good all around dish. The desert was macadamia nut ice cream from a Hawaiian company.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:21 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
Date: 3/21/19
Route: DAL-SFO
Flight Number: AS 3395
Departure time: 3:30PM
Menu: No
Meal Description: Protein Plate or Korean Chicken Sandwich
PDB: Choice of Champagne or Mimosa

Picked the sandwich. Tasted a lot better than it looked. Think the Bulgogi dish from last summer. Was served with chips, but no dessert. Mints were served as were nuts. A snack basket was offered mid-flight.

Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:55 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Date: 3/24/19
Route: SFO - IAD
Flight Number: AS 1102
Departure time: 3:45pm
Menu: No
Meal Description: Herbed chicken or cheese ravioli
PDB: Only water bottles

I went with the chicken. Sorry the picture quality isn’t great; too much red mood lighting on the pmVA plane. Soup was a butternut squash. The star of this meal was the mashed potatoes and gravy, which were delicious. The chicken was also served with asparagus and artichoke hearts. Ice cream and the snack basket were both offered later in the flight, but I passed on both, so not sure what the ice cream flavor was

Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Couldn't resist - looks much tastier in non-purple light
Seat 2A, jiburi and sltlyamusd like this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by Kurt
Couldn't resist - looks much tastier in non-purple light
Agreed; thanks! 😊
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Is there now a snack basket on transcon F?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I was offered it last week about 1.5 hours before landing on a 6am PDX-MCO flight. I believe it was even listed on the menu, under “prior to arrival”.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP LT PLT, AS 75K, B6 Mosaic, HH D, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
This is a picture of the morning West to East offerings, took it about 2 weeks ago. It’s on the printed menu as offered prior to arrival.

Morning West to East snack basket.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Thanks! Flying east to west later this week. Upgrade cleared (on a 737-900) 3+ days prior to departure as 75K.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:50 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
The snack basket was brought around about 30 minutes after our snack on PHX-SEA AS633 5:25 pm flight on March 23rd. Awesome non-stop service by Martin on the 2.5 hour flight. Martin welcomed each passenger by name when taking orders for the snacks and drinks and thanked Elites for their Loyalty. I was in 2F and 1F was a MM. Throughout the flight he always spoke to everyone on a first name basis.

The snack choices were the protien plate or the Turkey & Provolone warm sandwich with a bag of chips. Seattle chocolate served on the tray. Snack Basket followed and just before landing a basket of mints were brought out with a thank you for flying with AS today.

Kudos sent to Alaska.

James in Kelowna.
jjmadison likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
On AS868, the 2:50pm LIH-OAK on Tuesday, March 26, choice of cod or penne pasta accompanied by a salad and tomato soup. Flight time was a quick 4 hours 20 mins.

Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by DaWhirledTraveller

This is a picture of the morning West to East offerings, took it about 2 weeks ago. It’s on the printed menu as offered prior to arrival.

Morning West to East snack basket.
This is what was offered in F last night.
DEN/SEA
8:25pm
One pass of snack basket. 2 offers for drinks. No PDB.
FA's spent most of flight in forward galley chatting very loudly during most of flight.
Expected much more for a 3 hour flight.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by pcoll
DEN/SEA
FA's spent most of flight in forward galley chatting very loudly during most of flight.
About the same service on my recent LAX-SFO and SFO-LAX flights. Shame they couldn't cater/offer something more for a much longer flight. Even felt some ice cream or a cookie could've been served on the SFO/LAX flights.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: AS
I agree. Really thought we would get a warm cookie , at the very least. Hoping for 1/2 sandwich but, no go. In light of AS promotions highlighting the "new and updated" First Class offerings, last night was a big disappointment. Would have been happy with "old" service standard.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by pcoll
DEN/SEA
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
About the same service on my recent LAX-SFO and SFO-LAX flights. Shame they couldn't cater/offer something more for a much longer flight. Even felt some ice cream or a cookie could've been served on the SFO/LAX flights.
I've had the opposite experience on this route, which again comes down to the FA. But on my flights we had 2-3 passes of the basket, essentially until it was fully depleted, and the FA kept our drinks filled until descent. Really just depends on the FA you get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.