Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pet in cabin = no upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2019, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward

First off: the airline is named for a state where you literally cannot drive a bus to the capital city, because there isn’t a road there connecting it to the rest of the USA.

Second: service animals are actually a thing. You going to fly a blind person in the hold with their service animal?

Third, if you’re not happy with common carriers I’m sure you can charter a jet that meets your qualifications. Otherwise you can fly your bus with wings, because that’s what it is. It’s not your plane. Their plane, their rules.
First: It can be named for whatever state it wants and last I checked you can drive to Alaska from CONUS.

Second: Service animals is an abused privilege, I have friends who have a "Service animal" and I tell them they abuse that privilege almost on a daily basis. There needs to be more regulation around this. And yes, if the wheelchair person needs to give up their chair and be carried on the plane, the blind person can be helped on and animal put in the hold. Although I would be fine with the blind person and their animal.

Third: Sorry, support animal people are the minority, the rest of us shouldn't be burdened with their social issues. They can charter their own plane and not impact the majority of people...shoot I bet they could probably start their own airline.

Fourth-ly: I don't own the airlines nor am I in any position to change policy, so take my criticism as just that; MY criticism.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Seattlite
Nothing to 'take advantage' of for an owner picking up a new pet from several states away. This occurs literally all the time for folks purchasing pure bred dogs and cats. What does it matter which cabin the pet flies in so long as there is appropriate under seat room for the carrier? Should all of us drive cross country instead?
Yes. having recently driven to California to drop off a dog....Just for the dog, no other reason AND looking at a pure bread that is halfway across the country.....I would prefer to drive than bother most the people on the plane, who are too good natured to say anything AND I am not putting my animal that I paid good money for on an airplane OR trusting any airline to take care of said animal.

Across the ocean, ok there is a need but across the country, drive.

Again, my thinking not policy so have at it.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu
AS still says that pets are not allowed in Airbus F cabins. Does this still apply to retrofitted cabins?

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...ling-with-pets
Why would they have this restriction specifically for Airbus?
Old Dec 2, 2019, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
as stated above, the “no-pet-carriers-in-F” policy was in place for the jets inherited from VX, because the big cushy white recliners do not have under-seat storage ... it is not any stretch of the imagination to inquire as to whether AS has revised a policy that no longer applies to the Airbus jets that have had the F cabin reconfigured
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:54 pm
formerly ASTechGuy

Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu
AS still says that pets are not allowed in Airbus F cabins. Does this still apply to retrofitted cabins?

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...ling-with-pets
I just flew in my first retrofitted Airbus yesterday and while I appreciated the foot rests, they seemed likely to prevent putting a pet carrier underneath the seat in front if you. No idea about the main cabin but first didn't look very friendly for putting carry ons, pets, or much else down there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.