BA - Class of Service Bonus

Old Dec 2, 19, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

BA - Class of Service Bonus

Does anyone have insight into what the CoS bonus for 'R class with J class fare basis' would be on BA metal, 50% or 150%? The flight was booked through corporate travel agency so don't have the ticket in hand, but got this specific info from BA customer support. Alaska rep had no idea what it meant...
Old Dec 2, 19, 6:05 pm

Programs: AS, AA, B6, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by DevinT View Post
Does anyone have insight into what the CoS bonus for 'R class with J class fare basis' would be on BA metal, 50% or 150%? The flight was booked through corporate travel agency so don't have the ticket in hand, but got this specific info from BA customer support. Alaska rep had no idea what it meant...
Go to Finnair website with the PNR and see what the fare code is on there, if different at all.
Old Dec 2, 19, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From as.com, R and I receive a 50 percent COS bonus. See:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...er-overview:BA
Old Dec 2, 19, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by safari ari View Post
Go to Finnair website with the PNR and see what the fare code is on there, if different at all.
FinnAir shows (R) in my itinerary. However, BA is telling me that my underlying fare basis on the ticket begins with J.
Old Dec 2, 19, 7:20 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
FinnAir shows (R) in my itinerary. However, BA is telling me that my underlying fare basis on the ticket begins with J.
suspect if BA is telling Finnair's system R, it will also tell AS' system R
Old Dec 2, 19, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While the first letter of the underlying fare basis is often the booking class it isn't always. R is used for a discounted business class (like I) and I would expect that BA will report it that way to AS just as BA awards lesser Avios (when compared to J, C, and D) for R class.
Old Dec 2, 19, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska View Post
While the first letter of the underlying fare basis is often the booking class it isn't always. R is used for a discounted business class (like I) and I would expect that BA will report it that way to AS just as BA awards lesser Avios (when compared to J, C, and D) for R class.

BA is telling me that I'd earn Avios based on J rather than R, so hopefully that carries over to AS as well. Really hoping that he's not mistaken, as I need this for 75k. Thanks for the replies.
Old Dec 2, 19, 10:02 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AS MVPG 75K
Itís possible to figure out the BA fare code on their website, or it was earlier this year. Itís not obvious however. See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30836048-post27.html

Search this Thread