Wiki Posts
Search

Luggage Interlining

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2022, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by WrLdTrvLnIndian
Appreciate if someone can help confirm my understanding of my luggage situation on my upcoming trip. AA Award SEA-DOH-BOM on QR in J, separate AS Revenue Ticket PDX-SEA in Y to position for the international flight. Connection time in SEA 4 Hours.

Since QR J allowance is 2x 70lbs/32kgs for checked luggage, AS should allow me the same and through check my bags all the way to BOM, given AS/QR are OW and have interline agreements and not have to pay AS baggage fees, correct? Thank you.
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...e/checked-bags

When making international connections on a separate ticket to other airlines within twelve (12) hours of arriving in the connection city, you may follow the baggage allowance and weight restrictions of the international airline - provided a ticketing and baggage agreement is in place between Alaska Airlines and the other carrier.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Thank you. Sorry I should have mentioned "quoted" the AS verbiage around it, which I am aware of. However since it doesn't explicitly confirm no AS baggage fee would incur, especially since they charge $100 for a bag >51lbs.

Is it fair to assume that the fact that it states "you may follow the baggage allowance and weight restrictions of the international airline ..." it is implied if international airline does not charge, AS wont either? Apart from allowing the added weight

Maybe i am being nit picky here around the verbiage.....
Old Dec 19, 2022, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by WrLdTrvLnIndian
Thank you. Sorry I should have mentioned "quoted" the AS verbiage around it, which I am aware of. However since it doesn't explicitly confirm no AS baggage fee would incur, especially since they charge $100 for a bag >51lbs.

Is it fair to assume that the fact that it states "you may follow the baggage allowance and weight restrictions of the international airline ..." it is implied if international airline does not charge, AS wont either? Apart from allowing the added weight

Maybe i am being nit picky here around the verbiage.....
My guess is you should be prepared to point to this policy when you check in your overweight (by AS standards) luggage at PDX.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
My guess is you should be prepared to point to this policy when you check in your overweight (by AS standards) luggage at PDX.
makes sense, thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.