FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1907509-offers-pre-departure-beverage-pdb-2019-earlier.html)

rustykettel Dec 3, 2018 10:07 pm

AS24 SEA-BOS. No PDB offered other than the Dasani passed out half way through boarding. FAs were able to chat and make themselves a cup of coffee from the galley though. Would have asked when the water was handed out, but it was more of thrust at me with the attention already shifted to the next row. Coats were ignored until boarding finished.

Perfect start to my requalifying flight!

BOB W Dec 3, 2018 10:30 pm

12/2 AS112 ANC-SEA

PDB coffee or orange juice plus the bottle of water

rustykettel Dec 4, 2018 5:55 am

AS1351 BOS-SFO Dasani on center armrest at boarding. OJ or coffee offered as PDB.

fly18725 Dec 5, 2018 1:35 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel (Post 30496434)
AS24 SEA-BOS. No PDB offered other than the Dasani passed out half way through boarding. FAs were able to chat and make themselves a cup of coffee from the galley though. Would have asked when the water was handed out, but it was more of thrust at me with the attention already shifted to the next row. Coats were ignored until boarding finished.

Perfect start to my requalifying flight!

Usually waters being passed out during boarding indicates the plane was just being catered.

philemer Dec 5, 2018 9:48 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel (Post 30497202)
AS1351 BOS-SFO Dasani on center armrest at boarding. OJ or coffee offered as PDB.

No bubbly?

NoLaGent Dec 5, 2018 9:53 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel (Post 30497202)

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 30501592)
No bubbly?

The Sparkling Wine is only served after 10am and AS 1351 is a 7:10am departure, which is water, coffee, juice.

They actually followed PDB policy perfectly on this one.

BOB W Dec 8, 2018 3:58 pm

12/3 AS93 SEA-SEA
4:45PM Departure

NO PDB Bubbles or orange juice. Just the bottle of water

BOB W Dec 8, 2018 4:00 pm

12/6
AS62 ANC-JNU-SIT
7:50 AM departure
Dasani on center armrest at boarding. OJ or coffee offered as PDB.

BOB W Dec 8, 2018 4:05 pm

12/6
AS67 ANC-JNU-SIT
7:21 PM departure
Dasani on center armrest at boarding. OJ or Bubbles offered as PDB. Some people had both in the same glass:cool:

Crazy Dave Dec 9, 2018 9:22 pm

AS 147 on Dec 5th. ANC-FAI. (5:46 pm depart) Water bottles were at the seats, FA came by with OJ, Mimosa or Champagne as a PDB. I was pleasantly surprised for such a short 40 minute flight. Full drink service in the air and generous basket service.

bnj999 Dec 10, 2018 4:20 pm

11/30
AS1806 PDX-SFO in upgraded F
8:55pm departure in a ex-Virgin America plane
Was offered a choice of anything as PDB, got some icy cold Fremont Lush IPA and Alaskan Kolsch for me and my partner.

Flying for Fun Dec 10, 2018 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by bnj999 (Post 30520550)
11/30
AS1806 PDX-SFO in upgraded F
8:55pm departure in a ex-Virgin America plane
Was offered a choice of anything as PDB, got some icy cold Fremont Lush IPA and Alaskan Kolsch for me and my partner.

Nothing like former VX inflight crew who think they don't have to follow AS policy and keep the inconsistencies alive and well. Perhaps AS should go the route of Ronald Reagan on August 5th, 1981.

James

NoLaGent Dec 10, 2018 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun (Post 30520645)
Nothing like former VX inflight crew who think they don't have to follow AS policy and keep the inconsistencies alive and well. Perhaps AS should go the route of Ronald Reagan on August 5th, 1981.

James

I agree with you, and AS inflight crew are just as notorious at abusing this policy by denying PDBs because that's what they're used to. WRITE 'EM UP! It goes both ways. Customer Care has been very happy to receive my reports and pass them along to Inflight Management. The only way to get a consistent policy is to keep reporting it.

Edited to add: I've had the same CC Rep on the last 4 reports I've issued, he has a direct contact in Inflight Management that is following this situation closely, probably because they're getting tired of me getting comp. for it. If anyone wants his info., I can share it via private message only which he's ok'd.

AS Flyer Dec 10, 2018 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent (Post 30520716)
I agree with you, and AS inflight crew are just as notorious at abusing this policy by denying PDBs because that's what they're used to. WRITE 'EM UP! It goes both ways. Customer Care has been very happy to receive my reports and pass them along to Inflight Management. The only way to get a consistent policy is to keep reporting it.

Edited to add: I've had the same CC Rep on the last 4 reports I've issued, he has a direct contact in Inflight Management that is following this situation closely, probably because they're getting tired of me getting comp. for it. If anyone wants his info., I can share it via private message only which he's ok'd.

Just for the record, nothing creates disappointment more than inconsistency. Sure, most would probably just rather have a full bar offering for PDB - and I don't disagree that we should just do that - but if everyone was just on the same page it would probably create a better experience for everyone. If I work in FC (which I don't often do) I just do what's asked of me. That said, if I'm offering sparkling wine or OJ and you ask for something else I will generally just get it for you without thinking twice. It's far less work - but it does set the next person up for failure if they just do what they're supposed to and don't grant your request. SO, I'm probably guilty of adding to the inconsistency. I don't start out offering a full bar though - I just offer what I'm supposed to.

beckoa Dec 10, 2018 10:27 pm

Solid crew ANC-SEA this afternoon. Good service, offered to hang jackets, etc.

Only minor quibble was the lack of a pdb... granted I boarded at the end of "B" , but there was plenty of opportunity. But a solid overall flight ^