FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1907509-offers-pre-departure-beverage-pdb-2019-earlier.html)

RAD_PDX Nov 7, 2018 1:20 pm

Sorry, no PDB offered. I did manage 4 mimosas though on a 1 hour and 10 minute flight so I’ll overlook it this time.

Eastbay1K Nov 7, 2018 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by ffman999 (Post 30404935)
Betting it's the same stuff as in back.

I do not believe it is . I believe the big bottles of swill are up front while the better prosecco are in the back.

be_rettSEA Nov 7, 2018 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 30405315)
I do not believe it is . I believe the big bottles of swill are up front while the better prosecco are in the back.

But for PDB service, I imagine they'll open smaller bottles so as not to waste a larger one prior to takeoff. I could be wrong, but in cases when full PDB has been offered in the past, I've seen them use the smaller bottles of prosecco.

osubeavers01 Nov 7, 2018 3:55 pm

An n of one, but currently on a BNA to SEA flight. They were using a large bottle in the galley (screw top) to make the PDB mimosas on offer. Didn’t catch the whole label, but did see “Brut” listed

BOB W Nov 7, 2018 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 30405315)

While I agree that the Prosecco is better, I find the "swill" up front to be perfectly fine when mixed into a Mimosa.

Eastbay1K Nov 7, 2018 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by BOB W (Post 30406046)
While I agree that the Prosecco is better, I find the "swill" up front to be perfectly fine when mixed into a Mimosa.

I've been saying for quite some time that mixing bad bubbles and bad juice make for a perfectly refreshing airplane mimosa!

NoLaGent Nov 8, 2018 12:56 pm

FYI, onboard 1926 at the moment, with PDB in hand. The bubbles are Salmon Creek Brut, a decent sparkling wine, not Prosecco, and not what they serve in back. YAY!

Super great FA as well, lots of fun chit chat about all the changes she's seen.

Eastbay1K Nov 8, 2018 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent (Post 30408847)
FYI, onboard 1926 at the moment, with PDB in hand. The bubbles are Salmon Creek Brut, a decent sparkling wine, not Prosecco, and not what they serve in back. YAY!

Salmon Creek is like the 2 Buck Chuck of the non-retail market, made by the same place (Bronco Wine Co.). Some of it isn't horrible. I think you can now find the label available for retail sale, but the original concept of it was that you couldn't compare it when it appeared on a menu because you couldn't find it outside of food service establishments.

IMILINCWTLO (In my "I've lived in Northern California Way Too Long Opinion), the Prosecco is better. But I'll drink either. Burp

danielonn Nov 8, 2018 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent (Post 30408847)

Thanks for the info. I wish Alaska would bring back Wiens Amour D L'Orange back! I would have a few glasses in the LAX Boardroom!

This would be an amazing Sparkling Wine in First Class along with their Brut!

VegasGambler Nov 9, 2018 9:17 am

Currently waiting at the gate for OAK - OGG. Fortunately upgraded to F. Any bets to what PDB I'm offered?

Whatever it is, I'm politely declining and getting a double Bailey's and coffee when we take off.

Untelated: Spirit (at a nearby gate) is overbooked to LAX and is offering $250 to people willing to leave at 4:30 pm on a different airline. Lol, +8hr to get to LAX??

JacksonFlyer Nov 9, 2018 12:31 pm

I guess it is only “real” first class that gets this treat. Mainline AS PDX to SEA..sitting at the gate, door open, 10 minutes to close. A perfect time for sparkling wine but none to be had.

jrl767 Nov 9, 2018 3:33 pm

AS771 DCA-PDX — FA offered choice of orange juice or mimosa ... when I asked for a mimosa without the orange juice, she looked nonplussed for a couple seconds

as an aside, Metro in their infinite wisdom shut down the Crystal City and National Airport stations for repairs -- it's a holiday getaway weekend f'gawd's sake!

I walked (~30 min) from Pentagon City; heard a number of other pax in the gate area (and while boarding) complaining about tonight’s trek to the airport

Eastbay1K Nov 9, 2018 5:08 pm

SFO (departing from OAK) DAL - nada. If the same crew had a DL pin on, there would have been a full bar round or two.

jrl767 Nov 9, 2018 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer (Post 30412545)
I guess it is only “real” first class that gets this treat. Mainline AS PDX to SEA..sitting at the gate, door open, 10 minutes to close. A perfect time for sparkling wine but none to be had.

AS2268 (QX), PDX-SEA — FA taking orders for inflight service during ATC hold, but no PDB

not a great start to the flight that pushes me over 75K

williwaw Nov 13, 2018 10:32 am

POG mimosas for PDX-HNL. Too early for this guy tho... or at least today.