FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1907509-offers-pre-departure-beverage-pdb-2019-earlier.html)

Chugach May 3, 18 6:56 pm

Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]

At the gate in KTN (Ketchikan for you AS newbies) and it has happened...

The unicorn of AS: a pre-departure beverage! The hard alcohol has soothed the hyper stressful experience of Ketchikan International Airport...the no Pre Check security, and the 50+ feet from the end of security to gate C1.

DUT May 5, 18 10:40 am

Had full PDB on AS 1935 yesterday morning (LAX-SFO) by a fantastic legacy Virgin America flight attendant.

Hope it starts sticking with AS, but I won’t count on it...

DUT

UAPremierExec May 5, 18 10:47 am

You weren't horrified by the ferry ride from the city to the airport? :-D :-D Did you hit any tourists, or cruise ships??

I've seen a few FAs sneak in a full PDB on my flights out of Juneau, and once out of Florida.

And on the SEA/YVR flights, that seems to be the norm.

Chugach May 5, 18 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec (Post 29719011)
You weren't horrified by the ferry ride from the city to the airport? :-D :-D Did you hit any tourists, or cruise ships??

I've seen a few FAs sneak in a full PDB on my flights out of Juneau, and once out of Florida.

And on the SEA/YVR flights, that seems to be the norm.

Been to KTN many times. The worst part about the airport ferry is when the deckhand makes you park on the narrow side.

First cruise ship of the season was in town.

beckoa May 5, 18 3:51 pm

I've had 2 in a row with morning departures ex-ANC this week and last. Offered Coffee, asked for it Irish. Got it :cool:

dave1013 May 6, 18 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Chugach (Post 29713212)
At the gate in KTN (Ketchikan for you AS newbies) and it has happened...

The unicorn of AS: a pre-departure beverage! The hard alcohol has soothed the hyper stressful experience of Ketchikan International Airport...the no Pre Check security, and the 50+ feet from the end of security to gate C1.

Pair an Amber with the best popcorn in SE and the good will get better.

jacobguo May 6, 18 3:18 pm

So it’s gonna be like post-merger AA? pmVX = PDB, pmAS = no PDB?

channa May 6, 18 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by jacobguo (Post 29722711)
So it’s gonna be like post-merger AA? pmVX = PDB, pmAS = no PDB?

There are noticeable differences today between legacy crews from CO and UA, DL and NW, AA and US. I wouldn't expect VX/AS to be any different. We may see some differences for years...

worldtraveller73 May 7, 18 10:34 pm

Gosh I hope this sticks. I usually get a water / OJ offer on the jet service between YVR/SEA and sometimes nothing at all!!

PV_Premier May 9, 18 8:50 am

got a PDB on my last SMF-SEA flight back in March

did not get one on SMF-OGG on Saturday

overall, in my last 3-4 years of AS flying, I get PDB about 20% of the time tops

millions Nov 3, 18 4:56 pm

FA on Flight 1933 just claimed it was a new policy that they can’t serve alcohol before takeoff.

mthoodfan Nov 3, 18 5:36 pm

We had PDBs yesterday out of BOI.

pcoll Nov 3, 18 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by millions (Post 30389720)
FA on Flight 1933 just claimed it was a new policy that they can’t serve alcohol before takeoff.

wonder if it is “new” policy for pmVX flights or just another pmVX FA who really doesn’t care. Been running into quite a few of those on our last 4 flights. They seem to have an edge lately.

dieselbear Nov 3, 18 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by pcoll (Post 30389858)

wonder if it is “new” policy for pmVX flights or just another pmVX FA who really doesn’t care. Been running into quite a few of those on our last 4 flights. They seem to have an edge lately.

Urgh. THIS.

VegasGambler Nov 3, 18 7:24 pm

So strange though, because on VX the booze was flowing pre-takeoff. They'd bring you two if you were fast (or a double, even without asking, if they knew you and knew you'd finish it)

Once we had a tarmac delay (SFO-LAS; ground stop in LAS). We ate all the food and made a pretty good dent in the bar (I'm shocked that they load that much for such a short flight). Best delay ever -- way better than waiting in a terminal.