FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1907509-offers-pre-departure-beverage-pdb-2019-earlier.html)

VegasGambler Dec 31, 2018 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by PaperGlider (Post 30593582)
Good luck. I haven't seen anything other than water on that flight. Now when flying F, I have had to resort to getting my pre-departure coffee in the airport and taking it with me.

I don't really want anything. I just want to see what they say.

NoLaGent Dec 31, 2018 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 30593695)

Good. It shouldn't be about "wanting anything" from a compensation standpoint, it should be about Inflight Management enforcing a consistent policy and writing it in is the only way to get that done.

My post (#86) and AS' response was from the same route in November. (And no, I didn't ask for anything either, other than clarification on policy)

Flying for Fun Dec 31, 2018 8:27 pm

SEA-PHX QX E175 F, orange juice, Champagne or Mimosa offered for PDB. In-flight now, flight delayed 3 hours due to Seattle Fog this morning. Seattle Based crew Nick has been absolutely amazing. Impeccable service.

Nice way to end the year.

Flight #69 AS + Partner.

James

philemer Dec 31, 2018 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 30593402)
LAX-SFO. Requested a coffee; was told by the FA that they don't do pdb on such short flights. I'll write in when I land.

BOI-PDX is about the same distance, I believe, and QX routinely has a drink service.

rustykettel Dec 31, 2018 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 30593695)

Don't worry about that! I finally wrote in after the FA said AS didn't want any PDBs due to the potential for delaying departure, and more than one flight where the FAs had time to chat with themselves or make themselves a cup of coffee.

Didn't ask for anything and didn't receive anything. Did get a very nice response from customer care outlining the PDB policy and promising to forward my comments to inflight management. Which is all I really want.

Flying for Fun Dec 31, 2018 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel (Post 30593976)
Don't worry about that! I finally wrote in after the FA said AS didn't want any PDBs due to the potential for delaying departure, and more than one flight where the FAs had time to chat with themselves or make themselves a cup of coffee.

Didn't ask for anything and didn't receive anything. Did get a very nice response from customer care outlining the PDB policy and promising to forward my comments to inflight management. Which is all I really want.

I will be adding a few more data points shortly. Out of my last 15 flights from November 29th until this evening I was offered a PDB 3 times. SCJ-KOA December 9th and an amazing service tonight from Nik SEA-PHX after a three hour delay with a morning fog snowball effect. Despite the last delay due to a crew time-out, Nik moved immediately from his inbound flight from YYC upon landing and provided one of the best performances I have had this year. He was calling everyone by their first name before take-off; unscripted. KOA-SAN December 16th offered a PDB but only Champaign becasue POG was not catered. Nor were the nuts or anything for the snack basket.

James

Finkface Dec 31, 2018 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun (Post 30594082)
...Nik....provided one of the best performances I have had this year.

Do tell! Pics would be even better. :D

philemer Jan 4, 2019 9:00 pm

SEA>LAX yesterday with 11am departure. FAs had plenty of time to offer drinks. Nada but bottled water.

I spoke mid-flight, in private, to the FC FA about the new policy of offering PDB after 10am. He said he was a little confused about what time to start offering PDB. I said I had read it was after 10am. He then admitted he had dropped the ball and should have offered PDB.

Other than that we got great service. Will drop a short note to Customer Care.

NoLaGent Jan 4, 2019 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 30612059)
SEA>LAX yesterday with 11am departure. FAs had plenty of time to offer drinks. Nada but bottled water.

I spoke mid-flight, in private, to the FC FA about the new policy of offering PDB after 10am. He said he was a little confused about what time to start offering PDB. I said I had read it was after 10am. He then admitted he had dropped the ball and should have offered PDB.

Other than that we got great service. Will drop a short note to Customer Care.

Policy is now actually all of the time. After 10am only comes into play for adding sparkling wine as an option. Write it in.

philemer Jan 5, 2019 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent (Post 30612424)
Policy is now actually all of the time. After 10am only comes into play for adding sparkling wine as an option. Write it in.

Thanks. Note sent.

RAD_PDX Jan 5, 2019 4:09 pm

12/19/18 SEA-STL - No PDB offered
01/04/19 ORD-PDX - No PDB offered (30-minute ground delay at the gate for maintenance and still nothing)

ASA_1 Jan 5, 2019 4:12 pm

1/2/19: DAL-SEA, on a Skywest E175, was offered, coffee, juice or sparkling wine before departure. I chose the sparkling wine of course. The FA was very attentive. I’ve had incredible service on every Skywest E175 flt I’ve had.

jjmadison Jan 10, 2019 12:58 pm

1/9/18 IAD-SFO. No PDB offered, not even a water bottle on the seat. After takeoff, all of Y was provided water a good 10 min before any beverage offered in F.

I don't get how any FA or airline would think this sort of system makes sense. If water is offered after take-off, that should include F. Plain and simple. Even when there is a PDB.

BOB W Jan 10, 2019 1:09 pm

1/10/2019 AS 178 ANC-FAI 10 AM departure. coffee and OJ offered PDB.

BOB W Jan 10, 2019 8:53 pm

1/10/19 AS155 FAI-ANC no PDB but inflight drink orders were taken