FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1907509-offers-pre-departure-beverage-pdb-2019-earlier.html)

jrl767 Nov 5, 2018 1:19 am

AS1746 SEA-LAX, 2045, Sun 4 Nov — FA offered water or Champagne

having had had a glass of Treveri sparkling white wine in the Lounge, I opted for the bubbly ... it was rather sweeter than the name would indicate, so it probably was Prosecco

the inflight Woodford was up to expectations, however :p ... and there was a complimentary fruit and cheese platter

moreover, the AS magazine was in the seat pocket

Eastbay1K Nov 5, 2018 4:30 pm

No PDB effort on HNL OAK today contrary to new policy. Someone asked and was refused. "In the air."

Eastbay1K Nov 5, 2018 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew (Post 30390713)

This ”gentleman” was sadly misleading you. Snacks are available on every flight. And just so we can end this debate once and for all, the company-wide policy for both Boeing and Airbus crews is PDB service consists of water, juice or coffee in the mornings and water, juice or Prosecco the rest of the day. Anyone not doing this is not following procedure.

My current AS crew is not following policy. Boeing. For the same price you don't get squat.

DrAlex Nov 5, 2018 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 30397384)
My current AS crew is not following policy. Boeing. For the same price you don't get squat.

Perhaps the best way to ask is something like, "Excuse me, could I have some water, juice, and/or Prosecco please?" ;)

AS Flyer Nov 5, 2018 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 30397384)

write it up - it's the only way things will ever change. This sucks. There's so much inconsistency out there right now. I think because there's been so much change lately, nobody really knows exactly what they're supposed to do. AND, the kitchens aren't necessarily loading everything they're supposed to because they're confused. It's a little nuts right now.

pcoll Nov 5, 2018 8:25 pm

(AS Flyer....again, THANKS. It is good to get this information regarding service standards.
it makes it less frustrating when we have information from the “source”. Now, compliance, going forward , is the trick. (as you have pointed out.)
I guess, politely, reminding FA that policy now allows for PDB.

Buster CT1K Nov 6, 2018 11:28 am

Got mimosas (orange juice + bubbly) on ORD-SFO and SFO-ORD last weekend. The flights were Airbus-operated and probably ex-VX crew, who were happy to offer any drink to any F passenger for a PDB. I overheard some special requests (i.e. something beyond the OJ/water/sparkling wine standard offer) and they were not turned down. That's the great old Virgin training kicking in!

danielonn Nov 6, 2018 8:50 pm

First Class Sparkling Wine

I read online that as of November 1st you can get a Predeparture Sparkling Wine. What is on offer!?

NoLaGent Nov 6, 2018 10:56 pm

I'm going to ask for it on Thursday afternoon and will report back with the results, especially if it's actually procured.

philemer Nov 6, 2018 11:28 pm

Default PDB is a small bottle of water isn't it?

philemer Nov 6, 2018 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767 (Post 30402826)

The best way to alert a Mod is to click the small red triangle. @:-)

jrl767 Nov 7, 2018 9:58 am

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 30402833)
The best way to alert a Mod is to click the small red triangle. @:-)

I did that too :/

(but the post was sort of a hint to OP to search a bit ...)

RAD_PDX Nov 7, 2018 10:14 am

I will request a mimosa on a Horizon E175 flight in about an hour and report back.

danielonn Nov 7, 2018 11:54 am

Thanks

ffman999 Nov 7, 2018 12:36 pm

Betting it's the same stuff as in back.