Community
Wiki Posts
Search

two questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
two questions

1. I flew a flight over the weekend that was a split Virgin/Alaska flight. The Alaska miles posted. The virgin has not. how long should it take?

2. I had MVP status for a few years. last year I didn't quite make it (blame the downgrade in awarded mileage on American). Thie past 2 weeks I did some traveling that amounted to near 7,000 miles on Alaska. Today I got an email welcoming me to MVP status. While great---but why?? Is there some formula over a 12 month travel period? was there some short time travel promotion of flying x miles//y segments in a 30-90 day period you gain status?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by djp98374
1. I flew a flight over the weekend that was a split Virgin/Alaska flight. The Alaska miles posted. The virgin has not. how long should it take?
Up to two weeks.

Originally Posted by djp98374
2. I had MVP status for a few years. last year I didn't quite make it (blame the downgrade in awarded mileage on American). Thie past 2 weeks I did some traveling that amounted to near 7,000 miles on Alaska. Today I got an email welcoming me to MVP status. While great---but why?? Is there some formula over a 12 month travel period? was there some short time travel promotion of flying x miles//y segments in a 30-90 day period you gain status?
Maybe you got one of these in the mail?

Consolidated 2018 Soft Landing (Renew MVP/Gold/75k) Status Offers
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
maybe it auto registered me for the 5K for MVP status promotion. I don't remember registering for it/.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.