Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

I Need XXX Miles by XXX Date - 2017 and Later

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I Need XXX Miles by XXX Date - 2017 and Later

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by CDKing
Just start plugging in dates
Good advice. In waaaaay less than the time it's taken for you to start this thread and then wait for these various responses, you likely could've just set to work and found some acceptable routes and fares. That's really what it's all about - just roll up your sleeves and get after it. Be it late in the year like now or even earlier in the year, there's no substitute for being proactive on this kind of stuff.

I am reminded of the post a few years ago where the OP simply posted

"Please, somebody make me a mileage run!"

and the response was

"***Poof!*** You're a mileage run!"

Last edited by Seat 2A; Dec 17, 2017 at 2:09 pm
Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:07 am

Mileage run necessary?

Situation: I rely on partner miles for hitting MVP Gold 75K most years (international trips). For the first time I haven't met the 90,000 mile threshold. My total for this year is 89,188 miles. Will AS bump me into MVP Gold 75K and give me the 50,000 mile bonus even though I'm 812 miles short of the 90,000 required for AS+partner earnings? If not, I guess I'll make a quick SEA-PDX-SEA mileage run next week (currently showing $139 each way on December 26) for those sweet, sweet 500-mile-per-segment minimums.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Do you like roulette?

The only way to be certain of 75K status would be to get those last qualifying miles by flying.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
There was an offer around to buy the remaining miles so you can always call and see what the price is or if you are eligible. Though i recall it cost more than the flights you are looking at.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Sounds like it's time for a Blue Star run
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Do the Seahawks get credited with a touchdown if they only make it to the 1 yard line?

You've come this far. Just do the short trip and you'll sleep better with the certainty that you've scored 75K for next year.

Now get out there and score!!!
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by stvrly
Situation: I rely on partner miles for hitting MVP Gold 75K most years (international trips). For the first time I haven't met the 90,000 mile threshold. My total for this year is 89,188 miles. Will AS bump me into MVP Gold 75K and give me the 50,000 mile bonus even though I'm 812 miles short of the 90,000 required for AS+partner earnings? If not, I guess I'll make a quick SEA-PDX-SEA mileage run next week (currently showing $139 each way on December 26) for those sweet, sweet 500-mile-per-segment minimums.
If you're that close, just spend the money to be safe.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Do the Seahawks get credited with a touchdown if they only make it to the 1 yard line?

You've come this far. Just do the short trip and you'll sleep better with the certainty that you've scored 75K for next year.

Now get out there and score!!!
We could have used scoring in yesterday's game haha
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:02 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
There was an offer around to buy the remaining miles so you can always call and see what the price is or if you are eligible. Though i recall it cost more than the flights you are looking at.
also, I’m not sure that you get the 50k mile kiss on the buy up?
Old Dec 18, 2017, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt

also, I’m not sure that you get the 50k mile kiss on the buy up?
I'm not sure its worth taking the risk that it isn't.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:59 pm

I'm not sure its worth taking the risk that it isn't.
Yeah, for sure. If you're so close that a r/t to PDX would give you the miles, just do the r/t.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.