Search

When Do MVPG Benefits Start?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP
When Do MVPG Benefits Start?

Hi,

I'm fortunate enough to reach Gold this year. In fact, it was a flight last Friday that did it. Now I'd like to use the benefits soon. Do I have to wait until 1/1/18, or can I use the free cancellation (ski trip to ski resort with no snow) right away? Also, how about using two of the four F upgrades right away?

Many thanks!

keith
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:37 pm
T2A

Programs: Alaska MVPG
As soon as your miles post and status shows MVPG you can use all the benefits!

Congrats!
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

WOW. Thanks for letting me know. I may be heading to the Thomas fire to make maps in a day or two, and that would mean another flight cancellation that I had scheduled this weekend.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by MapMan25
WOW. Thanks for letting me know. I may be heading to the Thomas fire to make maps in a day or two, and that would mean another flight cancellation that I had scheduled this weekend.
If your status doesn't change before you cancel, you can choose the cancel ticket now/pay change fee later. Then call in after the update and more than likely the rep will waive the change/cancellation fee.

Or now that I think about it, call in when you cancel ask if they'll waive it then since your status hasn't updated yet.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Good suggestion. Thanks.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by MapMan25
Hi,

I'm fortunate enough to reach Gold this year. In fact, it was a flight last Friday that did it. Now I'd like to use the benefits soon. Do I have to wait until 1/1/18, or can I use the free cancellation (ski trip to ski resort with no snow) right away? Also, how about using two of the four F upgrades right away?

Many thanks!

keith
Where were you planning on skiing? I wish I hit MVPG - have a trip to Taos coming up and it sure is looking bare... Here's hoping for a few storms.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: MVP Gold
Originally Posted by T2A
As soon as your miles post and status shows MVPG you can use all the benefits!

Congrats!
Yep, I just hit MVPG and the upgrade codes are already in my account
Old Dec 19, 2017, 4:12 pm
Community Director Emerita

How does the MVPG flight cancellation work?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
How does the MVPG flight cancellation work?
For all cancellations outside of the 24 hour refund rules, the credit is either deposited into the "my wallet", ticket number kept active w/ finds attached or i heard even emailed voucher. The process is the same for non elites, only difference is the cancel penalty fee is not charged within 60 days of departure. More than 60 days out general members are treated same as gold w/ fee waived.

MVPG waiver is applied based on status as of the day its deposited in the wallet . So say you know you will make MVPG, use the email ticket number option (since fee is not charged until rebooking) and then call once status posts to add to the wallet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.