Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Partnership with Aeromexico is ending on December 31st, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Partnership with Aeromexico is ending on December 31st, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jinglish
I've found that people here tend to be rightfully harsh on AS, actually. Have you seen any of the commentary on the QX pilot staffing issue?

I've heard various stories of what happened behind the scenes in the DL split, but not a single one of them has involved AS saying "nah, we just don't like you anymore."
I think the truth usually lies somewhere between stories on two extreme ends. I think the FTers on this board used to be very protective of AS, but just like what you mentioned, i can see more criticisms and impatience from the MVPs, golds and 75s lately. May be it is a sign that AS is losing its focus on business or forgetting that its loyal customers/very frequent flyers are important to their bottom line??
Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Jma12
Too bad AS is slowly losing the SkyTeam partners. I hope they don't lose AF/KLM and KE because I do fly them once awhile (maybe once per two years), and don't want to collect Skypeso
I do KE once or twice a year, and losing the direct SEA-ICN flight would really suck. It's too small to sleep comfortably on, but the window seats are so private that I don't care.

I could replace KE with JL if JL ever started flying their upgraded business class out of YVR, but as is I need to go to SFO or LAX to not get stuck in 6 across angle seats. Connecting via YVR is a short flight (or train ride) and it's a small enough airport that it's not bad. SFO and LAX are enormous, require changing terminals, and in SFO's case, also re-entering security without the benefit of precheck.

Losing KE is my worst fear, but also now that AM is gone, one of the most likely.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
My travel preference just changed due to the dropping of Aeromexico. I just booked United to San Salvador from Seattle. Prior - I would have caught AeroMexico.

United miles to Singapore Krysflyer.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:48 pm

Where do you people credit your Aeromexico flights to, now?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by sokolov
Where do you people credit your Aeromexico flights to, now?
AM itself or other ST partners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.