Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Some AS operations moved to SFO T2 on 26 April 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some AS operations moved to SFO T2 on 26 April 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:27 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
When is your flight?

All flights to PDX should depart from Terminal 2. I would still recommend checking flight status before leaving for the airport.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...irport-updates
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...-international
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by dreamss
Had to create an account to ask this. Are all flights to PDX in Terminal 2? Why does my itinerary say Terminal I?
"All departures to Palm Springs, Portland, or Seattle check in at Terminal 2."

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...rnational.aspx

Is your itinerary old? This was a recent change
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:56 pm

My flight is tomorrow July 15. I called SFO and they said the flights that went out today were at Terminal 2.

Edit: I just checked my itinerary again. It says Terminal INTL Gate C7.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:24 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
My flight is tomorrow July 15. I called SFO and they said the flights that went out today were at Terminal 2.

Edit: I just checked my itinerary again. It says Terminal INTL Gate C7.
C7 sounds like the arrival gate at PDX

AS uses International boarding area A. So the gates would be A1-12

I'd still go to T2.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by missydarlin
C7 sounds like the arrival gate at PDX

AS uses International boarding area A. So the gates would be A1-12

I'd still go to T2.
The Alaska app lists neither the departure gate nor the terminal for flights today (eastern time, i.e. July 15) out of SFO, though it does list the arrival gate in PDX (C7 for AS389, the 06:00 departure). The app really ought to list at least the departure terminal in this situation, IMO. Any gate in T2 will at least get people to the right terminal; if the gate changes within T2 later, no big deal.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by ashill
The Alaska app lists neither the departure gate nor the terminal for flights today (eastern time, i.e. July 15) out of SFO, though it does list the arrival gate in PDX (C7 for AS389, the 06:00 departure). The app really ought to list at least the departure terminal in this situation, IMO. Any gate in T2 will at least get people to the right terminal; if the gate changes within T2 later, no big deal.
I'll head to T2 then. Thanks for the help.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 11:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I'll head to T2 then. Thanks for the help.
Welcome to Flyertalk and the Alaska Airlines forum ^
Old Jul 14, 2017, 11:59 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

According to the Event Timeline in FlightStats, the departure gates for Saturday's SFO-PDX flights haven't been assigned yet. They all show Terminal I, which I'm guessing is an AS default.

As others suggested, T2 is your best bet.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 12:32 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
Looks like all SEA, PDX, PSP flights now at T2 https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...-San-Francisco

Sucks to lose AF/KLM PP lounge in International
Was there Thursday, I found it humerous my AS flight to PSP at 3 was at 50B and the VX. Flight at 2:35 was at 50A, they shared a CSA booth and walkway to the planes which landed minutes apart at a very slow PSP airport in July. Seems they need to eliminate one of those flights. The Admirals club is a nice one, and it's a big airy and bright terminal. This will be a nicer experience than the old 22/23 gates or the international terminal IMHO.

Last edited by Waitlisted; Jul 15, 2017 at 12:43 am
Old Jul 15, 2017, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by dayone
According to the Event Timeline in FlightStats, the departure gates for Saturday's SFO-PDX flights haven't been assigned yet. They all show Terminal I, which I'm guessing is an AS default.

As others suggested, T2 is your best bet.
AS389 now shows gate 50A (though I have to go to the terminal map to confirm that that's in T2; the app doesn't say). AS should do better here, I think.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:10 pm

Midway through my SFO-PDX-SEA flight today and departure from SFO was from T2, 50B as I would expect based on discussion here and past announcements. There were no references on the AS App 'Flight Detail' screen, no text or email notification regarding departure terminal.

As a suggestion - I would encourage AS operations to coddle every flier with friendly reminders until the time where T2 is permanent for domestic travel (at least).

During the boarding process three couples passed through F looking and sounding very frustrated as they were at T1, the wrong terminal, and had to hurry to T2 for boarding.

I am not a fan of the execution of operations at SFO (merger related only) and have therefore eliminated SFO travel as much as possible during this transition.

I can put it another way; If I had to send my parents on a trip from or to the bay area, and coordinate any type of transportation, I would not use SFO. The lack of definitive terminal information for incoming or departing flights take the comfort level out of a well prepared trip.

I can tell you, that the folks who passed by in the cabin certainly don't have a warm and fuzzy for AS right now.

Invoking another thread topic to underscore my point: How can I possibly set my sights on MM'er when I can't get to the right terminal to post my BIS miles? LOL
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: AS 1MM/MVPG, AS Lounge, DL SkyClub (Life), Hertz 5* -- AA, DL, UA
International Terminal at SFO has A or G gates. Just want to avoid confusion of looking for an "I Terminal".

Last edited by akdancer; Jul 16, 2017 at 1:51 pm Reason: moved to intended location
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: AS 1MM/MVPG, AS Lounge, DL SkyClub (Life), Hertz 5* -- AA, DL, UA
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Many AS flights still operate from the I(nternational) Terminal.
The international terminal at SFO has gates "A" or "G". No "I" gates there. Terminals at SFO are numbered 1-3, though I don't think Int'l Terminal has a number. AS needs to do more about putting a terminal ID on all references to gates at SFO.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 2:24 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Valveman
If I had to send my parents on a trip from or to the bay area, and coordinate any type of transportation, I would not use SFO. The lack of definitive terminal information for incoming or departing flights take the comfort level out of a well prepared trip.
A bit of perspective: AA operates from four terminals at DFW. I've had my flight change terminals (not gates) twice in 90 minutes.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 2:56 pm

A bit of perspective: AA operates from four terminals at DFW. I've had my flight change terminals (not gates) twice in 90 minutes.
Certainly true, but they're connected airside either walking or by airside train; no two gates at DFW are more than 15 minutes apart or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.