FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Some AS operations moved to SFO T2 on 26 April 2017
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:10 pm
Valveman

Midway through my SFO-PDX-SEA flight today and departure from SFO was from T2, 50B as I would expect based on discussion here and past announcements. There were no references on the AS App 'Flight Detail' screen, no text or email notification regarding departure terminal.

As a suggestion - I would encourage AS operations to coddle every flier with friendly reminders until the time where T2 is permanent for domestic travel (at least).

During the boarding process three couples passed through F looking and sounding very frustrated as they were at T1, the wrong terminal, and had to hurry to T2 for boarding.

I am not a fan of the execution of operations at SFO (merger related only) and have therefore eliminated SFO travel as much as possible during this transition.

I can put it another way; If I had to send my parents on a trip from or to the bay area, and coordinate any type of transportation, I would not use SFO. The lack of definitive terminal information for incoming or departing flights take the comfort level out of a well prepared trip.

I can tell you, that the folks who passed by in the cabin certainly don't have a warm and fuzzy for AS right now.

Invoking another thread topic to underscore my point: How can I possibly set my sights on MM'er when I can't get to the right terminal to post my BIS miles? LOL