FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Some AS operations moved to SFO T2 on 26 April 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1838943-some-operations-moved-sfo-t2-26-april-2017-a.html)

CalanMan Apr 25, 2017 6:24 pm

Some AS operations moved to SFO T2 on 26 April 2017

1 Attachment(s)
From SFO's Facebook page:
***ATTENTION*** Some of Alaska Airlines operations will move to Terminal 2 tomorrow. Day-of operations may vary. Please check with the airline for the most up-to-date info.
Super excited about this. Anybody know if this is the first step of a permanent move, or if they're simply experimenting and/or shifting around capacity for the day?

https://www.facebook.com/flySFO/phot...type=3&theater

dayone Apr 25, 2017 7:06 pm

Using the words "move to," rather than operate from, suggests permanence. Probably taking advantage of some slack in VX gate utilization.

I'm curious which flights.

jerry a. laska Apr 25, 2017 7:21 pm

Well this is what as.com says:

"All departures for Seattle, beginning 4/26/17"

Ticket counter

International Terminal, Aisle 12
Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday:
4:30 am - 9:15 pm
Sunday, Wednesday:
6:45 am - 9:15 pm
All departures for Portland, Palm Springs, Salt Lake City, and International Destinations

Terminal 2 Ticket Counter, Door 2
Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday:
3:45 am - 9:15 pm
Wednesday:
5:15 am - 9:15 pm
All departures for Seattle, beginning 4/26/17

Terminal 2, gates 50A-59
All departures for Seattle, beginning 4/26/17
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...rnational.aspx

And from flysfo:

Alaska Airlines Operating from Terminal 2 and the International Terminal

Effective Wednesday, April 26, 2017, Alaska Airlines will operate its Seattle flights from Terminal 2. All other Alaska Airlines flights will remain in the International Terminal; however, day-of operations may vary. Please visit Alaska Airlines for the most up-to-date information.
http://www.flysfo.com/flight-info/al...ional-terminal

CalanMan Apr 25, 2017 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska (Post 28229849)
Well this is what as.com says:

"All departures for Seattle, beginning 4/26/17"

Awesome, thanks! I checked the SFO section of Travel Advisories, but didn't think to check the airport guides. Doi.

I fly between SFO and SEA on Alaska about 2x a month, and have Admirals Club access, so this will make pretty much everything about the SFO-end of that better.

rustykettel Apr 25, 2017 8:51 pm

Not fun reclearing security into the International Terminal from a T2 arrival. On the plus side, T2 departures will have full PreCheck! ^

Eastbay1K Apr 25, 2017 8:56 pm

There probably isn't too much AS/AS connecting traffic currently. Any northbound Mexico traffic already has to go through immigration and TSA again. This makes SEA/SFO/Anywhere on VX connections the most pleasant connection in their route network.

CalanMan Apr 25, 2017 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel (Post 28230103)
On the plus side, T2 departures will have full PreCheck! ^

What do you mean by 'full precheck'? I always have precheck when flying on AS out of the SFO international terminal. Is there something inferior about it compared to what's at T2?

rustykettel Apr 25, 2017 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by CalanMan (Post 28230218)
What do you mean by 'full precheck'? I always have precheck when flying on AS out of the SFO international terminal. Is there something inferior about it compared to what's at T2?

I thought International A only had PreCheck Lite. I've only flown on non-Precheck eligible airlines (JL) from that terminal and seen others with the PreCheck Lite style cards standing in the same slow moving lines pre and post ID checker as everyone else.

jinglish Apr 25, 2017 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel (Post 28230286)
I thought International A only had PreCheck Lite. I've only flown on non-Precheck eligible airlines (JL) from that terminal and seen others with the PreCheck Lite style cards standing in the same slow moving lines pre and post ID checker as everyone else.

I had normal Pre just last month.

rustykettel Apr 25, 2017 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by jinglish (Post 28230292)
I had normal Pre just last month.

Very happy to find out I'm wrong!

CalanMan Apr 25, 2017 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel (Post 28230286)

As far as I can tell, I'm getting the full Precheck experience, it's a separate line, all the way to the left of the checkpoint. Nothing taken out of the bag, shoes on, regular metal detector.

Since Alaska usually puts Seattle flights on Gate A2 (just like they used to always have SEA flights out of B20 and B22 in T1), when it comes to curb-to-gate speed, I suspect that T2 will actually slow me down a bit, but it will be well worth it to gain access to the T2 amenities.

ptownca Apr 25, 2017 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by CalanMan (Post 28230309)
Since Alaska usually puts Seattle flights on Gate A2 (just like they used to always have SEA flights out of B20 and B22 in T1), when it comes to curb-to-gate speed, I suspect that T2 will actually slow me down a bit, but it will be well worth it to gain access to the T2 amenities.

Not sure what your speed was to A2, but in T-2 with Pre-check, I timed it a few times and my record was 12 minutes from the locking the car in the garage to standing in the plane. :) I was not running either :D

But, yes, T-2 is one of nicest terminals IME of any large airport in N.A. ^

flyupfrnt Apr 25, 2017 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by ptownca (Post 28230365)
But, yes, T-2 is one of nicest terminals IME of any large airport in N.A. ^

Pretty much have to agree with you on this.

missamo80 Apr 25, 2017 11:08 pm

NooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo. There is no Priority Pass lounge in T2 :(

Neil

safari ari Apr 25, 2017 11:16 pm

Will they now give access for AL members to the AC in terminal two? Considering you have access to CX in the International A now and you will have to clear security twice, plus walk two terminals.