Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Some AS operations moved to SFO T2 on 26 April 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some AS operations moved to SFO T2 on 26 April 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 12:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Speaking of PSP, I got hit with a schedule change for my PDX-PSP flight in December....it looks like without the PDX/SEA-SFO-PSP flights, the last flight from either PDX or SEA to PSP is at 2:20pm....kinda hard to believe there wouldn't be an evening flight during peak PSP travel season.
Yuck. They moved the non-stop up an hour to 2:30 but don't have anything sensible that connects with the 7:35 SFO-PSP flight. But they have both a 6pm and 6:15 PDX-SFO flight??? One is AS the other VX. They really need to retime the 2 schedules to make that all more sensible. Like move one of those flights to be a 5ish flight and I bet this and other SFO connections would work better.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Flew SFO-SEA out of T2 this morning... so much nicer than Int'l! The Alaska website and the Android app both don't show the terminal, just the gate number (50A for me today). This will be sure to confuse some folks...
Old May 12, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: AS 1MM/MVPG, AS Lounge, DL SkyClub (Life), Hertz 5* -- AA, DL, UA
AS at T2

Agree on the minimal info from AS about this change (SFO-SEA flights at T2). Today JUST got an e-mail from AS about the T2 operations. Could have used it 2 weeks ago - but glad some you knew about it.

I see my SEA-SFO flight tomorrow will arrive at 50A. There is a place on the online info AS sends out for Terminal/Gate, but they post only Gate. Adding terminal would be a good clue!

Considering the enormous ballyhoo AS did when they moved from T1 gates to Intl, this is a lamentable lapse.

T2 looks nice, though I'm no fan of Admiral Clubs in general -- certainly not compared to the CX lounge at A gates (at least if you get in there before they pull the "good stuff" they have out for their regular pax). I prefer the self-serve drinks area at CX lounge to the AC's bar. However the AC at T2 is "OK" - about same in amenities as the AS rooms (and better than AC's like STL or EWR).

One more 'plaint: the lanes to the 50x gates are so narrow there's no place for splitting the boarding line between Elite/Other.

Last edited by akdancer; May 12, 2017 at 5:15 pm Reason: more clarity
Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:41 am

Looks like all SEA, PDX, PSP flights now at T2 https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...-San-Francisco

Sucks to lose AF/KLM PP lounge in International
Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
Looks like all SEA, PDX, PSP flights now at T2 https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...-San-Francisco

T2 is a nice enough space that I don't really mind being in the terminal.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:27 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat

How were you getting access to the AF/KLM lounge? If you have an Alaska Lounge membership, wouldn't you also have access to the American Lounge in T2?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by stc
How were you getting access to the AF/KLM lounge? If you have an Alaska Lounge membership, wouldn't you also have access to the American Lounge in T2?
PP = Priority Pass.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Visited the AF/KLM lounge about a month ago before our flight to SJD. Was pleasantly surprised to find a great breakfast spread (much better than you would ever find at UA/AA/DL) plus good selection of drinks, open bar, free wifi, and plenty of space (provided you arrive well before AF departures).

Needless to say as much as I liked the old compact AS lounge I consider this a nice upgrade and far preferable to the crowded rathole aka UC on the other side of the international terminal. Particularly as I get unlimited guests and free PP with my Chase card vs. expensive AS lounge. membership.

Wait aren't the PSP flights actually on VX metal? These are not really AS flights but codeshare (though I know with the merger they are marketed as AS and VX now). So really T2 is still just SEA and VX.

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Concur. As long as the line for Peets is not too long, I'm set
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Visited the AF/KLM lounge about a month ago before our flight to SJD. Was pleasantly surprised to find a great breakfast spread (much better than you would ever find at UA/AA/DL) plus good selection of drinks, open bar, free wifi, and plenty of space (provided you arrive well before AF departures).
I've only been there once and found it quite sterile. But you're right, it had food befitting a small international lounge operated by a European airline (i.e. perfectly decent to tide me over through a flight), not a typical US airline lounge.

Wait aren't the PSP flights actually on VX metal? These are not really AS flights but codeshare (though I know with the merger they are marketed as AS and VX now). So really T2 is still just SEA and VX.
AS operates at least some of the SFO-PSP flights (on some days all of them, from a quick search) until Aug. 26. Then VX fully takes over. And AS definitely operates some PDX flights.

It actually looks to me like domestic destinations served by both AS and VX are now out of T2 while domestic destinations served only by AS operate out of the international terminal. If that meshes with the gate restrictions, seems sensible.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by ashill
I've only been there once and found it quite sterile. But you're right, it had food befitting a small international lounge operated by a European airline (i.e. perfectly decent to tide me over through a flight), not a typical US airline lounge.
This has been my experience as well.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Agree. Sterile but well stocked!

AS operates at least some of the SFO-PSP flights (on some days all of them, from a quick search) until Aug. 26. Then VX fully takes over. And AS definitely operates some PDX flights.
My mistake, I was only looking for 2018, but of course the schedules are always changing...
Old Jul 9, 2017, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I'll miss the free food and Bordeaux though. I'll have to try to make time now to stop at the Centurion lounge now; I haven't yet had time to make it there given that it's in T3. I have a bunch of SFO flights scheduled for late summer and fall when weather delays are least likely but I'm sure there'll be some so I should have time those days.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I'll miss the free food and Bordeaux though. I'll have to try to make time now to stop at the Centurion lounge now; I haven't yet had time to make it there given that it's in T3. I have a bunch of SFO flights scheduled for late summer and fall when weather delays are least likely but I'm sure there'll be some so I should have time those days.
I've got a few flights I could connect in SFO and am tempted to do this shuffle (T2, Int'l and visiting the Centurion Lounge).

However, I'll probably just stick with SJC and SEA for my flights in the fall... especially with wx
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:00 pm

Had to create an account to ask this. Are all flights to PDX in Terminal 2? Why does my itinerary say Terminal I?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:16 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by dreamss
Had to create an account to ask this. Are all flights to PDX in Terminal 2? Why does my itinerary say Terminal I?
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Many AS flights still operate from the I(nternational) Terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.