Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
More Routes From SAN

AS announces 6 new E175 routes from SAN: OMA, AUS, ABQ, MSP, MCI, STL

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/alaska...113000065.html
Old Mar 15, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
One step closer to an established Lounge there, hopefully.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
All E175, but it doesn't indicate if those will by QX or OO operated.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, AGR S+
Originally Posted by 98103
All E175, but it doesn't indicate if those will by QX or OO operated.
With the schedules currently loaded, MSP, MCI, STL, & ABQ are QX. OMA & AUS are OO.

I suspect we'll see several E175 routes bounce back and forth between the two carriers as the E175 route map expands.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Full text:
Originally Posted by alaskaair.com/newsroom
News Release Issued: Mar 15, 2017 (4:30am PDT)

To view this release online and get more information about Alaska Airlines Newsroom visit: http://newsroom.alaskaair.com/2017-0...from-San-Diego

Alaska Airlines' California growth continues, adding six new nonstop routes from San Diego

Alaska is the fastest-growing airline in San Diego with 40 daily departures to 28 destinations

Photos(1)

SAN DIEGO, March 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Alaska Airlines today announced increased investment in Southern California by adding service to six new destinations from San Diego International Airport. New nonstop service includes daily flights to Albuquerque, New Mexico; Austin, Texas; Kansas City, Missouri; Minneapolis/St. Paul; Omaha, Nebraska; and St. Louis. By late August, Alaska will fly 40 daily departures to 28 destinations from San Diego, including the most nonstop flights to Mexico and Hawaii.

Alaska is quickly establishing itself as the go-to airline for people on the West Coast. Today's news comes on the heels of Alaska's announcement last week adding 13 nonstop routes from the Bay Area – the single largest announcement in company history.

"Alaska Airlines has grown more than any other carrier in San Diego over the last five years, with the addition of 18 nonstop destinations and nearly twice as many departing seats," said John Kirby, vice president of capacity planning at Alaska Airlines. "We want to thank Airport Authority President and CEO Thella Bowens and her terrific team for their partnership. Without Thella's strong leadership and support over the years, our growth wouldn't have been possible."

The new flights build on previously announced routes, which include daily nonstop flights between San Diego and Baltimore starting today, three-times-daily service between San Diego and Sacramento starting tomorrow, and daily service between San Diego and Mexico City. Flight schedules for Mexico City will be announced in the coming months, pending government approval.

From San Diego, guests can make convenient connections to Tokyo and London, served by partner carriers Japan Airlines and British Airways, while enjoying the benefits of Alaska's award-winning customer service and loyalty program.

Tickets for the new routes are available for purchase at www.alaskaair.com or by calling 1-800-ALASKAAIR (800-252-7522 for Hearing & Speech Impaired (TTY): Dial 711 for Relay Services).

"We strive to make flying in and out of San Diego as convenient and enjoyable as possible," said Bowens. "We're delighted to see Alaska Airlines continue to grow its presence here at SAN, giving travelers more options to explore and connect than ever before."

Schedule of new service:

Start Date
City pair
Departs
Arrives
Frequency
Aircraft
Aug. 27
San Diego-Omaha
8:50 a.m.
2:25 p.m.
Daily
E175
Aug. 27
Omaha-San Diego
3:05 p.m.
5:05 p.m.
Daily
E175
Aug. 27
San Diego-Austin
6:55 p.m.
11:35 p.m.
Daily
E175
Aug. 28
Austin-San Diego
8:30 a.m.
9:30 a.m.
Daily
E175
Oct. 18
San Diego-Albuquerque
4:35 p.m.
7:15 p.m.
Daily
E175
Oct. 18
Albuquerque-San Diego
2:55 p.m.
3:53 p.m.
Daily
E175
Nov. 18
San Diego-Minneapolis
1:50 p.m.
7:50 p.m.
Daily
E175
Nov. 18
Minneapolis-San Diego
12:50 p.m.
3:20 p.m.
Daily
E175
Dec. 15
San Diego-Kansas City
6:40 p.m.
11:55 p.m.
Daily
E175
Dec. 15
Kansas City-San Diego
6:30 a.m.
7:50 a.m.
Daily
E175
Dec. 15
San Diego-St. Louis
8:30 a.m.
2:10 p.m.
Daily
E175
Dec. 15
St. Louis-San Diego
3:55 p.m.
6 p.m.
Daily
E175
Flight times based on local time zones.

New routes will be served by 76-seat Embraer E175 jets, which feature 12 seats in first class, 12 seats in premium class and 52 seats in the main cabin. The E175 boasts cabin dimensions on par with a narrow-body jet. Onboard amenities include Wi-Fi Internet access, and Alaska Beyond Entertainment, which includes free and premium entertainment direct to customer devices and power outlets in the first class cabin.

Editor's note: High-definition, broadcast quality footage of Alaska Airlines is available for download at https://ascorpcomm.sharefile.com/d-sadfdde4d49545f4a.

Alaska Airlines and Virgin America along with their regional partners, fly 40 million customers a year to 118 destinations with an average of 1,200 daily flights across the United States and to Mexico, Canada, Costa Rica and Cuba. With Alaska and Alaska Global Partners, customers can earn and redeem miles on flights to nearly 900 destinations worldwide. Learn more about Alaska's award-winning service and unmatched reliability at newsroom.alaskaair.com and blog.alaskaair.com. Alaska Airlines, Virgin America and Horizon Air are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group (NYSE: ALK).

SOURCE Alaska Airlines

For further information: Media Relations, (206) 304-0008, [email protected]
I think I see some BBQ in my future
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:08 am
Community Director Emerita

I like this thread.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: AS MVPG, WN A-List
I'll give it 24 hours before I go back to grousing about lack of service between California and DTW. In the meantime... Woohoo!!!
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Oh great, more flights crammed into Alaska's Circle of Death™. Can't wait to see which is worse this Christmas: Alaska's or Southwest's.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
This is great news.

That old United lounge is just waiting to be re-modeled and ready for business.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TravelBrighter
I'll give it 24 hours before I go back to grousing about lack of service between California and DTW. In the meantime... Woohoo!!!
I'll grouse until I see DCA.

I drive to LAX currently for that route.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG, WN A-List
Originally Posted by buzglyd

DCA would make me very happy, but at least there is service to BWI now, so one can decide which end of the journey to suffer the commute. Personally, I will opt for BWI going forward and take the train. To get to Detroit, currently have three trips booked requiring overnight(!) connection in Seattle on the outbound... however, driving to LAX is a bridge to far, even by my standards. I would sooner forgo miles and fly Delta. (Perish the thought.)
Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by buzglyd

So, you're going to grouse until Congress opens up more beyond perimeter slots for DCA?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:29 am

Dang, they're burning through all their 175s pretty fast! Looking less likely that we'll get a PSC-LAX/BUR from them... our airport has been in active talks with carriers for almost a year now and the last word was "waiting on more planes with be delivered and put into service". Now there seems to be talk about lack of gate space at LAX. We've got a SCASD grant and everything in place. I just want my direct to LA flights, lol
Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by beckoa
Full text:

I think I see some BBQ in my future
Could an E175 make it all the way to Barbuda?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is SkyWest going to have enough pilots for all the expansion? After all, they fly for multiple airlines. And last I heard there was a shortage of regional pilots.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.