Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Special Services VX - 10K Bonus?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Terminator8
I received a response literally 10 seconds after I DM'd them at about 1:30AM. That's impressive.
Yeah, they were really fast yesterday to respond to my link request, too.

(I always wonder why it takes companies so long to respond to emails when they can do near-instant support via Twitter)
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
This is starting to get ridiculous. I am pretty miffed with AS at this point.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: MR, DL, MM, HH
I had an elevate account, but no mileage plan account. Created AS account yesterday, still no points.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:50 am

One more data point (I got the bonus):

- I have both accounts (and have had for awhile)
- Have never had status on either airline
- No credit cards for either airline
- Fly Virgin ~5 times a year
- Never have flown Alaska (just have ~50k miles through shopping portals)
- I got an email on Dec. 19 (from Virgin) telling me they saw that I already had both accounts. I use different email addresses for the two accounts.

Last edited by monkeys; Jan 9, 2017 at 9:57 am
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Data point: My SO got the bonus, I did not.

Her: No status on either, never flown VX, fairly regular AS flyer.
Me: MVP + Elevate Silver, no "link" email received, but I realized use different e-mails for my VX and AS accounts.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Wife got bonus, she just got an Alaska card about a month ago, and has miles from previous Alaska cards (and that's it).

I did not, I currently have had a card for almost a year, and have miles from previous Alaska cards (and that's it).
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
It's starting to feel like "loyalty by lottery"...
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by missamo80
I guess I'm not special. No sign of any 10,000 magic in my account
+1 Our family was 1 for 4 on the 10k bonus - I guess that's or depending on your perspective. None of us are elites - it topped up the lowest balance (a minor who does not have the BofA Alaska card). We all have AS & VX accounts but did not link them.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Terminator8
Jigri, the DCTA rule generally applies to people who were able to participate. They should do it, shut up about it, and go on with their lives. That doesn't apply to me here.

is there a facepalm emoji?

I'm a MVPG75K, have a VX account that I never use, did not get the bonus.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
(I always wonder why it takes companies so long to respond to emails when they can do near-instant support via Twitter)
Maybe AS cane take that from VX. I sent web inquiry to VX to update DOB on my profile and add middle name and they emailed back that it was complete in less than an hour and that was on Sunday.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: Alaska MVP
I got the bonus, my SO did not. We're both MVPGs, I opened a VX account last summer to accumulate 500 bonus miles, since I knew they and Alaska would eventually be merging. Never flown VX, but fly Alaska on a monthly basis. My SO didn't have an Elevate account, so I assumed that was why she didn't get it - apparently it might not have mattered if she'd had one.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
This is starting to get ridiculous. I am pretty miffed with AS at this point.
+1....ridiculous is an understatement.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by pdxasflyer
It's starting to feel like "loyalty by lottery"...
quote of the day. ^
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
quote of the day. ^
agreed, I liked that one ^
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Gold, AA Lifetime Gold
I just called Alaska to see why my account didn't receive 10k points (I earned MVP Gold last year, currently have Virgin account with no status or miles) yet my partner’s account did (he had no status or activity in either account for past 6 months). The first agent said it was because he had linked and transferred transferred points between his accounts, however my partner did not make any transfers so I asked that she review his account history. Once she verified that he didn't make any transferes she became confused and transferred me to a manager.

The manager said it’s been a very hectic morning- apparently the miles were not supposed to credit to accounts until after an email explaining the bonus was sent out. She said that every Alaska member who also had a Virgin account (had to have been opened on or before 12/5/16) will receive the 10k points. She said she could see them as “pending” on my account and said they will be credited within the next few days.

Who knows if she was correct as I see some people received 10k points who didn't even have a Virgin account..but I am crossing my fingers she was right!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.